Non-Christian President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:23:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Non-Christian President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Non-Christian President  (Read 12456 times)
user12345
wifikitten
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »

Although it is almost certain that various Presidents were non-practicing, deistic or even atheistic in private; all of them so far have come from Christian traditions. Even Obama's early Islamic influences stem from that Abrahamic tradition; as would a hypothetical Jewish president.

ive never really understood this assumption that Obama is an atheist. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't (it seems to stem from the slightly elitist assumption that smart people cannot be religious) but he carries himself in the Christian tradition. Even if he was an atheist, he wouldn't stop being a Christian somehow.

I don't think he's secretly an atheist either. Watch his Charleston funeral speech and spontaneous Amazing Grace.  That didn't look at all contrived.  But it's obvious he doesn't take very many things in the Bible literally.

Well that's basically what I'm saying. Even if he doesn't believe in God, he's obviously a Christian.

Wut?
There are some people out there that consider themselves "cultural Christians."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 10:53:37 PM »

Although it is almost certain that various Presidents were non-practicing, deistic or even atheistic in private; all of them so far have come from Christian traditions. Even Obama's early Islamic influences stem from that Abrahamic tradition; as would a hypothetical Jewish president.

ive never really understood this assumption that Obama is an atheist. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't (it seems to stem from the slightly elitist assumption that smart people cannot be religious) but he carries himself in the Christian tradition. Even if he was an atheist, he wouldn't stop being a Christian somehow.

I don't think he's secretly an atheist either. Watch his Charleston funeral speech and spontaneous Amazing Grace.  That didn't look at all contrived.  But it's obvious he doesn't take very many things in the Bible literally.

Well that's basically what I'm saying. Even if he doesn't believe in God, he's obviously a Christian.

Wut?
There are some people out there that consider themselves "cultural Christians."
And/or they find wisdom in the teachings of Jesus regardless of whether he was ever part of the Godhead.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »

Such people are called "Moderate Heroes".
IronFist
Rookie
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2015, 12:42:47 AM »

We already have a non-Christian president right now. Have you ever seen what is written on Obama's wedding ring? 'There is no God but Allah' in Arabic. That's just shameful that we elected him.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »

We already have a non-Christian president right now. Have you ever seen what is written on Obama's wedding ring? 'There is no God but Allah' in Arabic. That's just shameful that we elected him.
Just like George Bush's wedding ring says "Bush did 9/11."
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 02:36:06 PM »

Lolno. Get your conspiracy theory (and anti-Muslim bigotry) idiocy out of here.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

Proof or nah?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »

Proof or nah?

It's on a golden ring, written in golden ink, so that only Allah can see it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2015, 05:12:19 AM »

Proof or nah?

I thought writing on gold was a Mormon thing, not a Muslim thing.  So maybe Barry is secretly our first Mormon president?  Makes as much sense as what the OP wrote.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »

Proof or nah?

I thought writing on gold was a Mormon thing, not a Muslim thing.  So maybe Barry is secretly our first Mormon president?  Makes as much sense as what the OP wrote.

Reminds me of a 2012 liberal Mormon joke. Obama calls Romney and says "I think it's time for America to have a Mormon president." Romney says "Great!" Obama responds "My baptism is next Sunday."
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »

All devout Christians worship Allah, anyway. 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »

That actually is inscribed on the wedding ring.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »

No it's not. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/weddingring.asp
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »

Proof or nah?

Muslims aren't even allowed to wear gold jewelry, right?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2015, 01:24:34 AM »

You're a moron, as pointed out by True Federalist. Besides, why would Secret-Evil-Islamic-Tyrant-Who-Is-Also-Weak-And-Effeminate-Somehow Obama be so obvious in giving clues to his "true faith"? He's not a serial killer, he isn't pathologically obsessed with leaving a clue.

EDIT: And at this point, I don't care if I get given death points or whatever for personal attacks. Conspiracy theories need to be called out for the crap they are.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2015, 02:39:31 AM »

You're a moron, as pointed out by True Federalist. Besides, why would Secret-Evil-Islamic-Tyrant-Who-Is-Also-Weak-And-Effeminate-Somehow Obama be so obvious in giving clues to his "true faith"? He's not a serial killer, he isn't pathologically obsessed with leaving a clue.

EDIT: And at this point, I don't care if I get given death points or whatever for personal attacks. Conspiracy theories need to be called out for the crap they are.

Death points no longer exist.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2015, 06:40:39 AM »

They're in the process of being replaced by death brownies. All that remains to be decided is this?

Or this?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »

They're in the process of being replaced by death brownies. All that remains to be decided is this?

Fair enough. Looking back at it after having had a bit of sleep, I think I was trying to express my frustration and contempt of those particular conspiracy theories, though I stand by what I said. Even if I get banned.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies