Non-Christian President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Non-Christian President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Non-Christian President  (Read 12515 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 26, 2015, 03:31:58 PM »

The next Non-Christian President will probably be Jewish.

Probably. I could see a (Western, Americanized) Buddhist president eventually though.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »

In view of the success of Jews in American politics, a Jewish President is highly likely.

Of course, a Mormon, whom many consider non-Christian because of the Book of Mormon that many Christians consider heretical, got the Republican nomination for President and seemed at times to have a chance to get elected. 

Yeah, but Mormons see themselves as Christian. And the Book of Mormon literally has "another Testament of Jesus Christ" on it. So if the religious right think that Mormons aren't Christian, they can stuff it.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:47:18 AM »

Nixon was a universalist:

"We pray perhaps to different gods -- but really the same God in a sense"

Technically, wasn't he a Quaker?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 04:49:29 PM »

I could see Tulsi Gabbard becoming the VP and perhaps President eventually, and she's Hindu.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 02:36:06 PM »

We already have a non-Christian president right now. Have you ever seen what is written on Obama's wedding ring? 'There is no God but Allah' in Arabic. That's just shameful that we elected him.

Lolno. Get your conspiracy theory (and anti-Muslim bigotry) idiocy out of here.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »

We already have a non-Christian president right now. Have you ever seen what is written on Obama's wedding ring? 'There is no God but Allah' in Arabic. That's just shameful that we elected him.

Proof or nah?

It's on a golden ring, written in golden ink, so that only Allah can see it.

I thought writing on gold was a Mormon thing, not a Muslim thing.  So maybe Barry is secretly our first Mormon president?  Makes as much sense as what the OP wrote.

Reminds me of a 2012 liberal Mormon joke. Obama calls Romney and says "I think it's time for America to have a Mormon president." Romney says "Great!" Obama responds "My baptism is next Sunday."
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:24:34 AM »

Lolno. Get your conspiracy theory (and anti-Muslim bigotry) idiocy out of here.

That actually is inscribed on the wedding ring.

You're a moron, as pointed out by True Federalist. Besides, why would Secret-Evil-Islamic-Tyrant-Who-Is-Also-Weak-And-Effeminate-Somehow Obama be so obvious in giving clues to his "true faith"? He's not a serial killer, he isn't pathologically obsessed with leaving a clue.

EDIT: And at this point, I don't care if I get given death points or whatever for personal attacks. Conspiracy theories need to be called out for the crap they are.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »

They're in the process of being replaced by death brownies. All that remains to be decided is this?

Fair enough. Looking back at it after having had a bit of sleep, I think I was trying to express my frustration and contempt of those particular conspiracy theories, though I stand by what I said. Even if I get banned.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies