United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:27:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 176723 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: June 24, 2016, 12:47:05 AM »

Horrah Hoorah! Nationalism and Self-Determination has won out over globalist ponzi monopoly scheme and global multinational capitalism.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #1626 on: June 24, 2016, 12:48:58 AM »

Horrah Hoorah! Nationalism and Self-Determination has won out over globalist ponzi monopoly scheme and global multinational capitalism.

I suspect that Corbyn voted for leave privately.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1627 on: June 24, 2016, 12:50:00 AM »

Lol.....

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/746216684596297729

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No consequences at all...
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1628 on: June 24, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »

Seems like a lifetime ago when Nigel conceded...
Hydera

« Reply #1629 on: June 24, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »

Obviously, his support for remain felt so unnatural, you could tell from his appearances that it was forced.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1630 on: June 24, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »

Much of the elite is feeling angry and spiteful right now.  They're lashing out.  Downgrading the UKs credit rating would be a spiteful move.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1631 on: June 24, 2016, 12:55:10 AM »

Much of the elite is feeling angry and spiteful right now.  They're lashing out.  Downgrading the UKs credit rating would be a spiteful move.

There needs to be consequences for this incompetence.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1632 on: June 24, 2016, 12:55:38 AM »

Farage in @GMB: it was a mistake for Leave to claim there'd be £350m a week for NHS after #Brexit

Hmm

Rowing back on impossible promises within five seconds of victory will not save those who made the impossible promises in the long run. Or at least it tends not to. Even the politicians who have 'won' are in the sh!t ultimately - remarkable.
rob in cal
« Reply #1633 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:31 AM »

Should Norway, and Switzerland's credit ratings also be downgraded.  We can clearly see what economic disasters these countries are due to their not being in the EU.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1634 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:38 AM »

There's the spitefulness!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1635 on: June 24, 2016, 12:57:53 AM »

I don't care why I should care about globalists finances, and their spitefulness over common people.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1636 on: June 24, 2016, 01:02:48 AM »

S&P isn't in the business of "lashing out." They're a respected credit agency because they make objective (well, as objective as humanly possible) observations on creditworthiness. "Lashing out" like children would ruin them; this is all business. Just like the markets aren't "being spiteful" by mass selling the pound and selling shares associated with Britain. This is a damning indictment that virtually everyone with money believes that Britain has made itself a worse investment and economically worse-off.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1637 on: June 24, 2016, 01:03:24 AM »

No spite, just facts. Your credit rating is based on your economic stability, which the voters just decided to disregard.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1638 on: June 24, 2016, 01:04:27 AM »

I'm pretty shocked by the result. Wow.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1639 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »

Big leave win in Cornwall as expected

Why am I not shocked they were last Tongue
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #1640 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:14 AM »

English results:

OUT - 15,188,406
IN - 13,266,996
TOTAL - 28,455,402

53.3% OUT

I'm pretty shocked by the result. Wow.

I must say, while I'm pleased, I am also shocked - was expecting a narrow Remain win.
swl
France

« Reply #1641 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:53 AM »

Farage in @GMB: it was a mistake for Leave to claim there'd be £350m a week for NHS after #Brexit

Hmm
So Farage basically said during his victory speech that it was a "victory against lies", and admitted an hour later on Twitter that his side was lying?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1642 on: June 24, 2016, 01:11:04 AM »

No spite, just facts. Your credit rating is based on your economic stability, which the voters just decided to disregard.

Indeed, thus downgrading us to the same level as economic basket cases such as the United States and New Zealand... Again, the full economic consequences of Brexit will not be known for some time, however, one thing that will hurt our economy for sure is pointless negative speculation within two hours of voting to leave the EU.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #1643 on: June 24, 2016, 01:16:09 AM »

So, why isn't the Isle of Man in this? Or for that matter, any of the oversea dependencies?

Isle of Man was never in the EU. Nor were any other British oversea areas, with the exception of Gibraltar (which did vote).

So how exactly does a country being in the EU and its overseas dependencies not being in the EU work?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1644 on: June 24, 2016, 01:16:28 AM »

Indeed, thus downgrading us to the same level as economic basket cases such as the United States and New Zealand... Again, the full economic consequences of Brexit will not be known for some time, however, one thing that will hurt our economy for sure is pointless negative speculation within two hours of voting to leave the EU.

Oh Cass, I'm afraid our rating is going to play a game of how low can you go.

I don't care why I should care about globalists finances, and their spitefulness over common people.

I assume in the Great Depression you would have said "ha stock market losers, this will never effect the common man" or in the recession you would have said "who cares, it's just rich bastards who deal with that stuff"?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1645 on: June 24, 2016, 01:17:24 AM »

Its down to uncertainty, not some judgmenent from the elite. Dont comment if you have no idea how markets work.

Liam Fox and Boris Johnson are not anti-establishment.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1646 on: June 24, 2016, 01:22:32 AM »

Fox News is not happy about Brexit.. Bad for US National Security!
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #1647 on: June 24, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »

The only thing I have to say about this result is I have never wished Spontaneous Human Combustion on 17.4 Million people before.
swl
France

« Reply #1648 on: June 24, 2016, 01:24:32 AM »

we voted Leave, but both remain end leave camp ran a racist nasty and divisive campaign full of bullying and lies from both sides, which caused a deep divisions in the country.

I'm happy we voted leave, it's a no vote against the unelected 5 presidents in the EU, it's a no vote against the 10,000 bureaucrats the earn more then the Prime minster in Brussels, it's a no vote against capitalist EU that caused misery in Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal. Its a no vote against big greedy multinational corporations of the likes of Goldman Sachs and JCB funded by the EU. It's a vote for sovereignty, democracy and accountability, it's vote for million of diffeffected, disenchanted and marginalized people in Europe. We will still  be good friends and partners, I hope Brussels up and smells the coffee.

Come on, you are the country of monarchy, peerage, the house of lords and the City. What you voted against is more British than European...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1649 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:22 AM »

Obviously, his support for remain felt so unnatural, you could tell from his appearances that it was forced.

Well, he may very well wind up being the one stuck with the mess.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies