United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 177598 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 17, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »

To be fair (in regards to Chris) it seems that the eurosceptics are just as guilty of overplaying the immigration card. I can't blame them - immigration is a tangible concept that inflames debate; matters of EU intergration is dull, overly wordy/constitutional and only enjoyed (on both sides) by about 1% of the population..

I agree that the public aren't particularly interested on the question of EU integration but... if you look at Greece this issue does matter a lot although the Greeks don't seem to understand that the underlying problem for their country is that they have the Euro (which means they can't externally devalue to make their economy more competitive) which they shouldn't have joined in the first place.

The Euro is a political project intended to push a federal European superstate forwards. It wasn't adopted for economic reasons. Something a lot of European politicians quite openly admit to as they themselves are committed federalists.

A Europeon superstate is geopolitically our best option, it's that or using our reputation for the next 50 years until someone realizes our power is based on A) A weak banking sector B) Languauge C) The Falklands. Afghanistan showed how weak our nation is, and I'm happy to jump onto the EU wagon
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 06:08:11 AM »

So if the UK left the EU, what would happen to UKIP, one of there main policy planks being gone? Would they start to dwindle?

They'd continue as the weird mix of racist former labour voters, and die hard thatcherites who are still angry about gay marriage.

Despite UKIP's success at the election they're in a similar position to the SDP after 1987 in that they've got no where to go
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:36:43 PM »

ugh this is actually happening
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »

Corbyn was suppose to be couped 24 hours after winning IIRC
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:27:56 AM »

I think I need a strong drink of some-sort
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »

Hopefully Watson lives up to his reputation and gets rid of Corbyn-problem is that the Shadow Cabinet is made up of rather weak figures who lack the ruthlessness of Mandleson, Brown, Balls etc
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies