United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:36:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 177690 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« on: September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »

A new Survation poll shows support for leaving at 51% and support for staying at 49%. This is the first time since November of 2014 that they have found a lead for the Out campaign.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/05/uk-britain-eu-poll-idUKKCN0R50X820150905

In my opinion, great news, UK can get out of this neo-liberal, undemocratic, austerity filth.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:52:17 PM »

A new Survation poll shows support for leaving at 51% and support for staying at 49%. This is the first time since November of 2014 that they have found a lead for the Out campaign.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/05/uk-britain-eu-poll-idUKKCN0R50X820150905

In my opinion, great news, UK can get out of this neo-liberal, undemocratic, austerity filth.

That's all to do with sharing a currency with other countries and being heavily in debt at the same time. If you go into such a currency you lose all national economic sovereignty. Pretty much akin to being in a financial straightjacket.

The obsession with creating a federal European superstate and the economic and democratic deficits that that inevitably entails (and the low growth and economic hardship that countries suffer along the way) is the reason I want the UK to leave the EU.

Not that I think for one moment the out campaign will win the upcoming referendum... at least this time round anyway.

I agree with you on that, and yes I get that UK is one of the reactionary, horrible forces in the EU, and that the UK should get out of it as quickly as we can.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »

Is their a poll by party, is their any left-wingers, or even centrist or center-right people against the EU. I think it need left-wingers, and some labor voters, a sizable amount of conservatives as well at the UKIP + other eurosceptic voters for this referendums. Shame there isn't an eurosceptic left in the UK, and across most EU countries.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »

Shame there isn't a eurosceptic left in the UK, and across most EU countries.

Huh

There definitely are left wing Eurosceptic parties in most EU countries.

I meant to say they aren't as sizeable as right-wing populists eurosepctics and most of them are communists,which I mostly wouldn't vote for.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 12:47:05 AM »

Horrah Hoorah! Nationalism and Self-Determination has won out over globalist ponzi monopoly scheme and global multinational capitalism.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 12:57:53 AM »

I don't care why I should care about globalists finances, and their spitefulness over common people.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 03:18:50 AM »

Much of the elite is feeling angry and spiteful right now.  They're lashing out.  Downgrading the UKs credit rating would be a spiteful move.

There needs to be consequences for this incompetence.

There's the spitefulness!

No spite, just facts. Your credit rating is based on your economic stability, which the voters just decided to disregard.

Indeed, thus downgrading us to the same level as economic basket cases such as the United States and New Zealand... Again, the full economic consequences of Brexit will not be known for some time, however, one thing that will hurt our economy for sure is pointless negative speculation within two hours of voting to leave the EU.

Oh Cass, I'm afraid our rating is going to play a game of how low can you go.

I don't care why I should care about globalists finances, and their spitefulness over common people.

I assume in the Great Depression you would have said "ha stock market losers, this will never effect the common man" or in the recession you would have said "who cares, it's just rich bastards who deal with that stuff"?

This won't lead to the Great Depression. Unless financial institutions make it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies