United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:56:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 178684 times)
reciprocity
Rookie

« on: June 23, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »

Someone said the referendum was not legally binding. I don't think UK will exit the EU regardless but will probably go back to the negotiating table. It's a shame people are blaming the EU for the mess Tories caused. If there is a snap election, I think Corbyn will need to shine more.
reciprocity
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:51:39 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2016, 08:56:44 AM by reciprocity »

Wow, I am shocked! I am sad at the result. The uncertainty is so worrying.

I think a lot of Labour leavers are still going to vote Labour. To be honest with you, UKIP is pretty much done now and I do not think they will gain in the long run. If the Wales Assembly election was any barometer, Labour still held out pretty well. I think as someone said, this was not a vote based on party loyalties. Once the next general comes around and the new focus on UKIP becomes their disastrous libertarian economic policies, they will lose a lot of support. Strangely enough, Is it just me or does a lot of their main signature policies seem like a lot of the pro-EU centre right parties in Eastern Europe? Like flatter taxes and balanced budgets? Jeez, help us all.

And just to add, do you think that if Cameron had made Scotland Independence an issue, would we have seen England edge out a Remain victory?
reciprocity
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:31:38 AM »

Oh great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies