United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership  (Read 177350 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 23, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »

So are all the poor and old Englishman that are voting to leave able to survive this economic downturn that's surely to come?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:22 PM »

This result is a reason to rejoice for all freedom loving people.

Freely voted to tie their own noose. Well hopefully all the people that voted don't take it all back shortly as they loose badly economically.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »

This result is a reason to rejoice for all freedom loving people.

Yeah, 4 years of continued austerity, a stagnant economy at best, continued cuts to social services, and a weakened currency are really something to rejoice about as long as you get to say f_ck you to immigrants.

I wonder who the Leave voters will blame in several years when things don't get much better.

A small amount of economic pain is a small price to pay for the freedom of a nation.  I guess you would have been arguing for King George III in 1776.

Yeah, you tell that you all the poor and old people who are basically done and won't ever recover. More people will join them, but you can tell them they're free!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:35 PM »

Everyone cheering for economic destruction is hilarious utterly depressing.

Pound is the lowest it's been since 1985.

You realize they will not be able to afford to buy our stuff anymore right?

You do realize that the Pound is still stronger than the Dollar, right?  They'll be ok.

Framed. F in principles of Macro.

Well, good thing you don't have to be an economist to vote in the referendum!  It's about what the people want, not what the elites want.  Sorry the world doesn't bend to your will.

Don't worry, the elites will be fine no matter what happens. The poor and the middle class won't be, but they got what they want so it's all good. They just need to get poorer and they'll "feel the freedoms flowing through them" and be ok.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »

Everyone cheering for economic destruction is hilarious utterly depressing.

Pound is the lowest it's been since 1985.

You realize they will not be able to afford to buy our stuff anymore right?

You do realize that the Pound is still stronger than the Dollar, right?  They'll be ok.

Framed. F in principles of Macro.

Well, good thing you don't have to be an economist to vote in the referendum!  It's about what the people want, not what the elites want.  Sorry the world doesn't bend to your will.

Oh, you must've been one of those kids who refused to wear his retainer or rubber bands during his braces phase, because you didn't want to, but once your teeth started shifting you started complaining again.

But the dentist was an "elitist" for going to school and knowing what he is actually talking about

Judging by your logic, you should shutup and never talk to me about politics again.  I have a political science degree!  I am the elite, I know what I'm talking about!

Sounds like you're the cheerleader groupie hanging around the high school QB. The elite is paying you to keep them elite.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

Those of you calling for an Irish Referendum don't know what you're asking for.  There will be death, and lots of it.  It's not something that most of the Northern Irish wish to revisit right now.  Leave it alone.

They'll want their freedom from England and Wales now though. If Scotland goes they'll be next, so blame the ignorant that voted for Brexit for anything that happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies