Scott Walker: Mandatory Ultrasounds are "Just a Cool Thing" for Women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:18:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker: Mandatory Ultrasounds are "Just a Cool Thing" for Women
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Scott Walker: Mandatory Ultrasounds are "Just a Cool Thing" for Women  (Read 3415 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »

Udall lost because Obama listened to the idiotic advice of Pryor and Hagan and chose not to act on immigration before the midterm elections.

Um, no. Immigration had nothing to do with it (if anything, bringing up that issue would have only hurt him more). Udall would have won had he not run a one-issue campaign. Cardner defeated an incumbent who was a great fit for the state by less than 2 points in a liberal swing state in a big GOP year, so..

How is that? Obama's actions are viewed favorably by the majority and would have increased enthusiasm and turnout among Hispanics.
It would be also another wedge issue for Udall to use against Gardner who would be in a bind: condemn Obama and infuriate Hispanics or say nothing and infuriate conservatives.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »

Udall lost because Obama listened to the idiotic advice of Pryor and Hagan and chose not to act on immigration before the midterm elections.

Um, no. Immigration had nothing to do with it (if anything, bringing up that issue would have only hurt him more). Udall would have won had he not run a one-issue campaign. Cardner defeated an incumbent who was a great fit for the state by less than 2 points in a liberal swing state in a big GOP year, so..

Agreed. Udall lost because he ran a terrible, awful campaign. Just like Walker is doing now.

While there's an outside chance Walker might be viable in some future primary, I think he's a loss for the 2016 cycle. Too much stupid and too much ego. The Walker campaign (such as it is) may (will) keep shambling on for a good while, but its not going anywhere.
I can see him as a labor secretary in a Republican administration
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. Democrats gotta be careful. They're already at a disadvantage with the male vote, you don't wanna lose all of it.

There's a lot of awful things Scott Walker could say that you wouldn't have a problem with.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »

So lemme get this straight...

Hillary Clinton has more baggage than U.S. Air...but that's fine.

A republican could be pro-life and say so publicly...and they're gonna lose in a landslide??

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. Democrats gotta be careful. They're already at a disadvantage with the male vote, you don't wanna lose all of it.

There's a lot of awful things Scott Walker could say that you wouldn't have a problem with.

Hey, yappy, you were in diapers during the dog days of the Clinton years. I've been following this stuff a lot longer than you. Don't assume you know me.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 03:03:38 PM »

Hey, yappy, you were in diapers during the dog days of the Clinton years. I've been following this stuff a lot longer than you. Don't assume you know me.

I know you well enough to dislike you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 03:10:15 PM »

How does taking a stance against mandatory ultrasounds lose the male vote?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

this is just posturing... no federal government will be passing a mandatory ultrasound law.  he's trying to edge into the fundie vote that's always important in IA and SC
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »

How does taking a stance against mandatory ultrasounds lose the male vote?

Naso dislikes when politicians talk about women's rights and thinks most American men agree with him.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

If it saves ONE life, it's worth it. Aint that what ya'll say when it comes to taking 2A rights from law abiding citizens away?

Ultrasounds serve to remind you that it's a LIVING BEING inside the womb, not a zygote, not a clump of cells-- and that scares the pro-abort brigade on the anti-science side.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »

Honestly, Scott Walker should've just said, "Look.  I am pro-life, and I do believe abortion is very wrong and we must take steps to reduce it.  I do believe we should make it harder to obtain abortions, so I will take actions within the law to ensure that the right to life is protected by making people think before getting their abortions."  Something along those lines is more honest, and at a 50/50 issue, is probably better.   
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »

This just shows that he is incredibly tone deaf when it comes to this issue. What he said was extremely patronizing to women, particularly young unmarried women where the GOP continually run into trouble.

CountryClassSF

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »

Sounds like walker's finished amongst the crucial swing bloc of the cultural leftist vote
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 04:51:10 PM »

It amazes me still, that he is polling so well...
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 05:02:18 PM »

If it saves ONE life, it's worth it. Aint that what ya'll say when it comes to taking 2A rights from law abiding citizens away?

Ultrasounds serve to remind you that it's a LIVING BEING inside the womb, not a zygote, not a clump of cells-- and that scares the pro-abort brigade on the anti-science side.

The only purpose it would serve is to help activist doctors to deliberately discourage women who know they can't have the child, for whatever reasons, from terminating the pregnancy.

Tell me, where do you stand on the use of condoms? Is it ungodly or against natural law?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »

This just shows that he is incredibly tone deaf when it comes to this issue. What he said was extremely patronizing to women, particularly young unmarried women where the GOP continually run into trouble.

Walker's problem is that it's far from being "just this issue" that he's tone-deaf on.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »

Let's be honest...this is about women who want an abortion not liking the guilt trip.  They're about to have a fetus scrambled and vacuumed out of their uterus ffs.

That Scott Walker jokes about it should be unsurprising.  There is nothing pretty about any of it.  Walker least of all.

But you have to look at it from the anti-abortion perspective.  If you believe it is murder of the innocent, then a ten inch probe that takes a picture of the fetus is a low price to pay.

The anti-abortionists only think of the fetus.  The pro-abortionists only think of the woman.

Personally, I am pro-choice.  I hope you choose not to have an abortion simply because of the harm it can do to the woman, let alone the fetus.  Adoption is far better imo as the child of an adopted mother and who knows someone very close that gave up a baby for adoption.  Birth control, condoms, other contraceptives...

Moving to sanity you are! Cheesy
chrisras
Rookie
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »

I don't see a gaffe here.  Saying ultrasound pictures are cool does not qualify as a gaffe.

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 07:23:44 AM »

Being pro-choice costs Democrats the male vote?

Must be why they won it in 2012.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »

This is not surprising, as Walker is not the brightest bulb. I'm guessing that is why his public sector resume is so small.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »

I like scott walker and think he would be a good nominee but something just keeps telling me he is going to blow it at some point. We will see though, hope i'm wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies