'Bin Laden' offers Europe truce
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 'Bin Laden' offers Europe truce  (Read 7818 times)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2004, 03:52:03 PM »

Bin Laden is widely believed to be still alive
Two Arab TV channels have broadcast an audiotape said to be from Osama Bin Laden in which he offers Europe a truce if it "stops attacking Muslims".

However, Spain, Britain, Germany and the European Commission have all rejected such a move, with EC President Romano Prodi saying there was "no possibility for negotiation under a terrorist threat".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3627775.stm

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 04:10:53 PM »

Heh...I guess we haven't sunk quite that low here in Europe yet... Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:34:35 PM »

Oh I imagine a majority of Europeans would vote to accept Bin Laden's kind offer.
dunn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 06:35:50 PM »

Oh I imagine a majority of Europeans would vote to accept Bin Laden's kind offer.
the fools probably will
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

lets think...have no risk of being killed or anger im further....
Rev. Matthew
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 10:35:33 PM »

Didn't we supposedly have Bin Laden surrounded in northern Pakistan a few weeks ago? Any word on how old this tape is?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »

lets think...have no risk of being killed or anger im further....

Of course Islam would come to take over Europe by the sword after they'd beaten off the US.  Europeans don't understand the culture they're up against.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 12:29:55 AM »

I don't doubt it.  Interesting how France hasn't wieghed in to flatly refuse the offer yet.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 12:48:03 AM »

Gee, thanks for having so much good faith in your allies. Typical Europe-hating neocons.

I for one think Bin Laden can take his 'truce' and shove it where the sun don't shine. He blatantly wants to drive a wedge between Europe and America, but there's no way we will let him succeed.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 01:01:20 AM »

I don't doubt it.  Interesting how France hasn't wieghed in to flatly refuse the offer yet.
No. Also France did so.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/binladen.tape/index.html
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 03:04:32 AM »

Sorry but you are stupid (or ignoramus...)

I recall you that the number 2 of Al quaeda threatened France after the prohibition of the islamic scarf in the plublic schools (who condemned this measurement? muslims countries and... United States of America*! Sorry but the collusion is manifest...)

I recall you that France was already the target of the islamic terrorism in 1995 (attacks in the parisian subway) and before ("Air France the taking of hostages") and several attacks were recently avoided.

I recall you that French troops (and Spanish troops and Belgian Troops and...) are currently in Afganistan to help US to fight against terrorism.  

Europe, more than any other continent, knows the price of liberty and is determined to fight it

* it's the interference in the french  affairs. Never France made interference in the US policy.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 05:06:06 AM »

Gee, thanks for having so much good faith in your allies. Typical Europe-hating neocons.

I for one think Bin Laden can take his 'truce' and shove it where the sun don't shine. He blatantly wants to drive a wedge between Europe and America, but there's no way we will let him succeed.

exactly, I agree with Michael Z here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 05:07:34 AM »

France is probably number 1 on Al Qaeda's hit list (the headscarves thing REALLY pissed them off)
Free Tibet
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 10:45:06 AM »

We should make Bin Laden a member of the UN, then he can speak his voice among the deligates and get what he wants...or he'll just notice that the UN gets nothing done and will blow that up! Smiley
dunn

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 10:46:18 AM »

We should make Bin Laden a member of the UN, then he can speak his voice among the deligates and get what he wants...or he'll just notice that the UN gets nothing done and will blow that up! Smiley
LOL
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 12:02:29 PM »

They(Muslims) are trying to dominate the world and it's politics. Read the Pact of Umar. This is their doctrine.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 12:23:56 PM »

They(Muslims) are trying to dominate the world and it's politics. Read the Pact of Umar. This is their doctrine.

Not all Muslims are trying to dominate the world.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 12:49:44 PM »

the fools probably will

Ehhh...you're both way wrong. Way, way, way, wrong.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 12:51:23 PM »

I think dunn doesn't mean to call Europeans fools, he is saying that fools in Europe would want to accept it, but the rest wouldn't, he isn't calling us all fools gustaf, that just isn't dunn-like.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 12:52:38 PM »

I think dunn doesn't mean to call Europeans fools, he is saying that fools in Europe would want to accept it, but the rest wouldn't, he isn't calling us all fools gustaf, that just isn't dunn-like.

Ah...that does sound a lot better. Smiley
dunn

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 05:40:54 PM »

thank you JFK
that o/c what I meant Gus
JFK. are you sure you don't want to join the progressives;)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 05:41:38 PM »

France is probably number 1 on Al Qaeda's hit list (the headscarves thing REALLY pissed them off)

I have to give the French credit - the headscarf ban was cool and a good slap in the face to the muslims.   You know the British used to wrap all the enemy casualties in bacon, etc.  
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2004, 05:15:44 AM »

thank you JFK
that o/c what I meant Gus
JFK. are you sure you don't want to join the progressives;)

Yes I am sure LOL.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2004, 07:14:14 AM »

I don't really believe that Europe is just going to lay down and surrender to Muslims. I have more faith in the Old World then that. But I just find it more then sad that the French would not support us in our time of need. We saved them from Germany twice in 50 years and they treat us like crap. I think Frances' non-involvement has a lot to do with all the weapons they sold to Iraq. I guess they didn't want to go in w/us side by side and we discover French weapons in the hands of our enemies. But I say heck, let the French sell their weapons, they are only going to drop them on sight of any sort of enemy or resistance.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2004, 07:50:35 AM »

I don't really believe that Europe is just going to lay down and surrender to Muslims. I have more faith in the Old World then that. But I just find it more then sad that the French would not support us in our time of need. We saved them from Germany twice in 50 years and they treat us like crap. I think Frances' non-involvement has a lot to do with all the weapons they sold to Iraq. I guess they didn't want to go in w/us side by side and we discover French weapons in the hands of our enemies. But I say heck, let the French sell their weapons, they are only going to drop them on sight of any sort of enemy or resistance.

The view of France as cowards is a little odd...France has always done what's in their interest as a nation. It's odd that people expected some sort of solidarity from France, that they would help the US out of gratitude. Germany was worse, really. To understand French foreign policy, one has to forget EVERYTHING about morals. Then it isn't all that hard.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies