Quinnipiac national: Clinton leads everyone, only Paul and Rubio close
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:17:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Quinnipiac national: Clinton leads everyone, only Paul and Rubio close
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac national: Clinton leads everyone, only Paul and Rubio close  (Read 2005 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2228

Clinton 46
Paul 42

Clinton 45
Rubio 41

Clinton 47
Huckabee 40

Clinton 46
Walker 38

Clinton 46
Christie 37

Clinton 47
Bush 37

Clinton 48
Cruz 37

Clinton 50
Trump 32
mds32
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:31:57 AM »

Polling Trump? Let's not actually try to get him in.
bobloblaw
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2228

Clinton 46
Paul 42

Clinton 45
Rubio 41

Clinton 47
Huckabee 40

Clinton 46
Walker 38

Clinton 46
Christie 37

Clinton 47
Bush 37

Clinton 48
Cruz 37

Clinton 50
Trump 32

It is news that someone with a 100% name recognition cant break 50%. She is polling well under Obama's 2012 result.

Bush looks like a sure loser however.

I think the GOPe will dump Bush for Rubio
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »

Bush's shot is based entirely on proving that he is not his brother, but he kind of blew that over his Iraq screwups. It is not fatal but if not electability, what is his case to the GOP?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »

Clinton 46
Paul 42

Clinton 45
Rubio 41

Clinton 47
Huckabee 40

Clinton 46
Walker 38

Clinton 46
Christie 37

Clinton 47
Bush 37

Clinton 48
Cruz 37

Clinton 50
Trump 32

It is news that someone with a 100% name recognition cant break 50%. She is polling well under Obama's 2012 result.

I don't think even incumbents who go on to win are over 50% in head-to-head polling 18 months before the election!  Some voters like to reserve the right to make up their mind at the last minute, but there is no evidence they break for or against incumbents on average.  Hence, the margins are what matter.  The last time someone polled over 50% more than a year before the election was probably G.H.W. Bush in early 1991, and we all know what happened there.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 04:04:40 PM »

Clinton 46
Paul 42

Clinton 45
Rubio 41

Clinton 47
Huckabee 40

Clinton 46
Walker 38

Clinton 46
Christie 37

Clinton 47
Bush 37

Clinton 48
Cruz 37

Clinton 50
Trump 32

Obama was at 46-48% against Romney in summer 2011. Ask President Romney how that worked out.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »

How did Rubio go from being one of the less electable candidates to one of the more electable?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »

How did Rubio go from being one of the less electable candidates to one of the more electable?

Rubio was always a rather tall man in a land of midgets. That being said, he's still pretty short - he has a lot of baggage that will make him very unelectable.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:27 PM »

Clinton 46
Paul 42

Clinton 45
Rubio 41

Clinton 47
Huckabee 40

Clinton 46
Walker 38

Clinton 46
Christie 37

Clinton 47
Bush 37

Clinton 48
Cruz 37

Clinton 50
Trump 32

Obama was at 46-48% against Romney in summer 2011. Ask President Romney how that worked out.

Obama did get historically rapid economic improvement from fall 2011 onward that wasn't easy to foresee.  He probably truly would have lost in Nov 2011.  His only hope would be the electoral college.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »

atp I think if Rubio is the nominee he wins, Clinton is an incredibly flawed candidate and her scandals will follow her to ED. I think she will depress turnout among the base of she is the nominee, I'm praying for a late entry from a better candidate.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »

atp I think if Rubio is the nominee he wins, Clinton is an incredibly flawed candidate and her scandals will follow her to ED. I think she will depress turnout among the base of she is the nominee, I'm praying for a late entry from a better candidate.

I don't get this pessimistic sentiment from some Dems.  If I were a Dem I would be giddily optimistic about Hillary.  She gets a lot of scandal press yet her supporters don't care and would vote for her regardless.  She has a very, very high floor of support. 
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »

I don't get this pessimistic sentiment from some Dems.  If I were a Dem I would be giddily optimistic about Hillary.  She gets a lot of scandal press yet her supporters don't care and would vote for her regardless.  She has a very, very high floor of support. 

I think all the ridiculous fake scandals have only hardened most Democrats'(outside of the criminally insane True Leftists on this forum) support of Clinton. It's really easy to look at recent press coverage and decide that the media is intent on blowing up every little thing about the Clintons in order to tear down Hillary Clinton and boost up Republicans with little chance at the nomination, like Rubio or Kasich. If I had a dime for every contentless fluff piece on on Marco Rubio that ignores his flip-flop on immigration and his substantial financial problems, I'd be a very rich man.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 07:44:47 PM »

Most people with "concerns" about her electability are just bitter that Hillary is going to steamroll whoever their preferred candidate in the primary is.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

Lol

You actually think the Cuban water boy who's drawn the wrath of the teabaggers for his embrace of amnesty actually stands a chance at defeating the first female presidential candidate? How's life inside the DailyKos bubble these days?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies