Greater London Assembly and Mayor elections - 5 May 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:35:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greater London Assembly and Mayor elections - 5 May 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greater London Assembly and Mayor elections - 5 May 2016  (Read 18434 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: June 26, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »

Goldsmith is the best the tories can do-young, media tested, liberal and big on the whole 'direct democracy' bollocks. I'd love them to pick Sol Campbell.

Either way, labour seem to be playing it safe with Sadiq or Tessa, hoping to get the base out and get through. Labour have always been crap at mayoral elections-despite the fact london should be their equivalent of Chicago 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »

I thought that Tessa would win on 1st ballot, but Sadiq beat her by 6,000 voters. Looking at data interesting thing is that Tessa picked up only 11% from other candidates but Sadiq got 21%. Basically there was a 'Stop Blairite Jowell' type voting done by lots of centre left/left wing people
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:00:18 AM »

This shows that unions can't deliver voters anymore-just funding and organisation
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »

Heard sources complaining that Tessa won on every round with members except the last one.... it seems the Blairite win haven't learnt the lessons from 2010 that Labour leaderships favour centre left candidates who are inoffensive-hence why Cooper was favourite in may, and why Khan had managed to do well. Lammy/Abbott/Woolmar voters were always likely to give him a 2nd or 3rd whilst Tessa was more 'marmite' 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »

A vague and entirely uninformed prediction that will doubtless look stupid soon enough: Corbyn wins in the first round (i.e. and therefore by a lot overall) or narrowly loses. The result is described as 'sensational' and 'trouble' is predicted for Labour either way.

Heard sources complaining that Tessa won on every round with members except the last one....

Which as a complaint makes literally zero sense. She lost in all sections. I could understand annoyance if she had only lost because of the Registered Supporters (though will note again exactly which part of the Party is responsible for that brilliant idea).

Yeah Jowell was suppose to have a massive lead in the first round
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 05:28:50 AM »

Well at least most Jowell supporters can accept a Khan candidacy.

Having vote for Jowell I'm more than happy with Khan-he was 3rd on my preference and he's got a good background for the race
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »

As minor as it may be didn't Labour do poorly in Harrow in the GE? I remember there were 3/4 seats we were suppose to win in London but didn't (excluding Croydon Central, my own stomping ground)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:53:55 AM »

As minor as it may be didn't Labour do poorly in Harrow in the GE? I remember there were 3/4 seats we were suppose to win in London but didn't (excluding Croydon Central, my own stomping ground)
You hail from Croydon and have a pool signature instead of a Palace one (or another London team)...Utd\pool supporters more common in London than the north

Oh not at all- merely giving solidarity to the Hillsborough cause.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies