Cory Gardner's Crusade to Ban Condoms Continues
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cory Gardner's Crusade to Ban Condoms Continues
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cory Gardner's Crusade to Ban Condoms Continues  (Read 5133 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:40 PM »

People get prescriptions for OTC medicines all the time, with insurance coverage.  What is the issue here?
CountryClassSF

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »

People get prescriptions for OTC medicines all the time, with insurance coverage.  What is the issue here?

Left needs endless manufactured outrage.  Reality be damned.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 12:29:38 AM »

And I am a registered Democrat now, so ponder that one. Tongue

Say it ain't so! Sad
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »

This is the nice shell game where the Democrats weasel in a gov't program and then use that as leverage to turn increasing market access into a restriction. Then indentify a key swing demographic, convince them that opposing such a ridiculous notion is against their interest as X and therefore they must vote Democratic.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 03:23:49 AM »

I'm praying for all Coloradans trapped under the despotic rule of Cory "no sex allowed" Gardner. As it turns out, he couldn't hide that banning condoms is in his inherent nature - a leopard can't change its spots.

Should the UN start organising helicopter supplies of condoms dropped over the Rockies?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 04:11:08 AM »

Anyone remember the brave crusade of a man ridiculed as Mark Uterus to protect the people of the United States from these sorts of underhanded policies?

RIP Mark Udall, FF
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »

Left needs endless manufactured outrage.  Reality be damned.

Welcome to US General Discussion.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »

I'm...confused. Is his plan really bad it are my fellow Democrats being ironic in regards to Gardner because of his past (and probably true) position on personhood and abortion?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »

I'm...confused. Is his plan really bad it are my fellow Democrats being ironic in regards to Gardner because of his past (and probably true) position on personhood and abortion?

[OOC]Both. This really is an intentional attempt by Republican to undercut Obamacare's coverage of contraceptives. If that wasn't their goal, they could have included a line in the bill that insurance companies must cover OOC birth control pills identically to how they would cover prescription contraception. (That would still be a bad bill because women, especially teenage girls, shouldn't be taking birth control pills without discussing all the pros and cons with a doctor first.)

Also, Gardner sucks (for his support of "Personhood," at least until it became politically inconvenient, and for other reasons as well), so his lampooning deserves to be mocked.[/OOC]
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »

[OOC]Both. This really is an intentional attempt by Republican to undercut Obamacare's coverage of contraceptives. If that wasn't their goal, they could have included a line in the bill that insurance companies must cover OOC birth control pills identically to how they would cover prescription contraception. (That would still be a bad bill because women, especially teenage girls, shouldn't be taking birth control pills without discussing all the pros and cons with a doctor first.)

Also, Gardner sucks (for his support of "Personhood," at least until it became politically inconvenient, and for other reasons as well), so his lampooning deserves to be mocked.[/OOC]

If your doctor gives you a prescription for something also available over the counter, and the law already says that the prescription for this medication must be covered without co-pay...?    Maybe this is an attempt to undercut the coverage mandate, but if it is, it is extremely ineffectual.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »

If your doctor gives you a prescription for something also available over the counter, and the law already says that the prescription for this medication must be covered without co-pay...?    Maybe this is an attempt to undercut the coverage mandate, but if it is, it is extremely ineffectual.

Good point. I don't see where making it also available OTC somehow forbids doctors from also trying to prescribe it. Prilosec has been OTC for years now and my doctor still always tries to write me a prescription for it.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »

Proposed Bill: Removes government barriers which make birth control more expensive.

Democrat response: Well, it should be totally free (like everything) so this is now bad even though we totally would have supported this 10 years ago.

How does this have anything whatsoever to do with banning condoms?

This is not personhood, trolls, and even that does not ban condoms as I have explained numerous times. Please get a grip on reality.
Wow, you're really bitter when you are proven wrong.

I'm bitter on this because I am sick and tired of this forum obessing over Gardner and mischaracterizing him. Not supporting free birth control does not equate to an outright ban on birth control or condoms, or support for personhood. I get that Gardner used to support personhood, but he had a genuine change of heart and does not support it anymore. It's time to stop acting as if he's still a personhood crusader, and accept the reality that he no longer is and never will be again.

Except he would probably support personhood again if it becomes politically expedient
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

That can happen sometimes but very rarely.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2015, 02:19:24 PM by Sbane »

Under Obamacare, insurance companies can choose not to cover OTC medications (which most insurance companies do anyways). So any birth control available OTC could technically not be covered.

Also, I must add that this is a little dangerous. I don't think 18 year old smokers should be able to stroll down the aisle and pick up oral contraceptives without a doctor or pharmacist telling them to not smoke while taking the birth control.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies