Who Here on this Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who Here on this Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who Here on this Forum  (Read 691 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2015, 07:14:10 PM »

ACTUALLY supports Hillary because of her positions she would bring as a politician, and NOT just because she happens to be a Democrat and your only chance in Hell of keeping the White House? I don't understand how anyone here that isn't an extreme partisan would support such a morally bankrupt crony that loves the Patriot Act, NSA, and is a bigger warmonger than Bill O'Reilly could dream of being!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:17:03 PM »

A better question would be, "Who on this forum has ever felt personally victimised by Hillary Clinton?"

Watch the hands fly up to tell tales of false corruption. She has literally two vocal supporters on here.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »

I support Hillary Clinton because I agree with her policy positions and think she would make a fantastic President.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

I'm no Hillary fan, but you're really mis-characterizing her positions.  She's not an "extreme warmongerer" but will likely be similar to her eventual GOP opponent on most of those issues you mention.

People support Hillary here because of her economic issues and the general dislike of the GOP.  I oppose Hillary because of her stances on economic issues and the fact that there's not enough of a foreign policy difference to make up for that.  

In general, people would take you more seriously without the hyperbole.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »

I'm no Hillary fan, but you're really mis-characterizing her positions.  She's not an "extreme warmongerer" but will likely be similar to her eventual GOP opponent on most of those issues you mention.

People support Hillary here because of her economic issues and the general dislike of the GOP.  I oppose Hillary because of her stances on economic issues and the fact that there's not enough of a foreign policy difference to make up for that.  

In general, people would take you more seriously without the hyperbole.

Thank you for the advice, but any criticism of Hillary here is met with butthurt and fear, so there wouldn't be any point.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »

I support Hillary Clinton because I agree with her policy positions and think she would make a fantastic President.

You're one of the few pal
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:49 PM »

My homosexual friends in particular, I don't know why you'd support her. She was AGAINST gay marriage before it was politically exuberant
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »

She was AGAINST gay marriage before it was politically exuberant

What weddings (besides those on Game of Thrones) aren't exuberant?

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »

You're one of the few pal

Uh, no.  Most Democrats support the Democratic nominee, who supports Democratic policy planks.  It's not that complicated. 

I am not a Democrat and disagree with many Democratic policy planks on economic issues, and as such, a standard liberal Dem like Hillary (with establishment foreign policy views) does not appeal to me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:31:58 PM »

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 08:37:01 PM »

ACTUALLY supports Hillary because of her positions she would bring as a politician, and NOT just because she happens to be a Democrat and your only chance in Hell of keeping the White House?
Wouldn't wanting a Democrat to win imply that you agree with Democratic party positions?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »

A better question would be, "Who on this forum has ever felt personally victimised by Hillary Clinton?"

Watch the hands fly up to tell tales of false corruption. She has literally two vocal supporters on here.

FF post for the Mean girls reference.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 09:11:49 PM »

ACTUALLY supports Hillary because of her positions she would bring as a politician, and NOT just because she happens to be a Democrat and your only chance in Hell of keeping the White House?
Wouldn't wanting a Democrat to win imply that you agree with Democratic party positions?

There's different types of Democrats. I wouldn't expect someone like Bacon King to support Feinstein, but an extreme partisan would.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 11:57:46 PM »

Definitely better than most of the people the Republican primaries will produce.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:57 AM »

If Hillary wins the Dem Primes, then I would vote for her in the general. I do not think she is a person that I would like to see as president, as much as Sen. Sanders, but over the beautiful "a la carte" of candidates that the GOP is offering I'd take her. I did not support Hillary in '08 because I thought Obama was a better candidate, after 6.5 years of Obama I do not think he is the candidate that I supported. I feel that Sanders would fight the battles that need to be fought for, so I am supporting him for President.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies