CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:28:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low  (Read 4129 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:22:04 PM »

http://foxct.com/2015/05/27/poll-over-half-disapprove-of-malloys-job-performance/

Looks like voters may be wising up to the simple fact that Dan Malloy is killing Connecticut.  Too bad it came seven months too late. Sad
Hydera

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »

Ouch... just checked the job stats and the state has been in a slump for 26 years....

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/CTNAN
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »

Uh, well, you get what you vote for. If CT voters were less partisan, they would have a right to complain.

This.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »

>Mason Dixon

More likely is that he's just as polarizing as he's always been, with a nearly even split.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2015, 04:53:43 AM by Free Bird »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party potential spoiler, and still only narrowly won!
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:59 PM »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

Dan Malloy is a great freedom fighter like the People's Pat! Wink
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 11:26:45 PM »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

You can't really call it a spoiler when the winner got over 50%...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2015, 02:07:29 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party potential spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

Yet the GOP ran a failed candidate who wound up blaming the workers for a plant in the state closing, and you claim that Visconti spoiled it when he was over the threshold anyway.

You lost. Malloy won. Suck it up and deal with it.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:57:44 PM »

It's their problem. They re-elected him with a bigger margin that the first time.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 03:05:09 PM »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party potential spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

Yet the GOP ran a failed candidate who wound up blaming the workers for a plant in the state closing, and you claim that Visconti spoiled it when he was over the threshold anyway.

I said terrible candidate AND spoiler.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »

I said terrible candidate AND spoiler.

You were talking about 2010, right? Well, Thomas Marsh could have indeed been a spoiler since Malloy won by only 7,000 votes that year.
Anyway, trashy state votes for a trashy governor. Nothing to see here.

Visconti was 2014
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »

Still, he's better than Brownback, Scott or any of the other poor GOP governors that won re-election.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

Still, he's better than Brownback, Scott or any of the other poor GOP governors that won re-election.

But this real question is...Can he beat Andrew Cuomo?

Oh what am I saying, literally Hitler beat Cuomo...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »

Uh, well, you get what you vote for. If CT voters were less partisan, they would have a right to complain.

This is stupid.

FTFY
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »

Free Bird, again, you do realize that a candidate cannot be a spoiler unless he actually spoils the election for a candidate right? Malloy got over 50%, so Foley wouldn't have won even if all the Visconti voters went to him instead (which most did anyway since he endorsed Foley right before the election).
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »

Free Bird, again, you do realize that a candidate cannot be a spoiler unless he actually spoils the election for a candidate right? Malloy got over 50%, so Foley wouldn't have won even if all the Visconti voters went to him instead (which most did anyway since he endorsed Foley right before the election).

Now I do.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 01:50:12 AM »

But this real question is...Can he beat Andrew Cuomo?

Oh what am I saying, literally Hitler beat Cuomo...

But only because he had the support of Prescott Bush.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party potential spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

lol literally no one was saying he was the best governor at all, and many Democrats from Connecticut were actually conplaining about him and his policies during his first term. Try harder next time.
mds32
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »

It's their problem. They re-elected him with a bigger margin that the first time.

I agree, this will probably turn into a O'Malley-like situation in 2018. The people will likely vote a Republican into the governor mansion.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »

I agree, this will probably turn into a O'Malley-like situation in 2018. The people will likely vote a Republican into the governor mansion.

I am rather excited for Governor Herbst, personally.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »

Lol, Scott's approvals are much higher. Thanks for telling me how my state is though. I'd ask you what's in the water out there in California, but you know....Roll Eyes
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »

There aren't realistically any Republicans left in the state that could win. I'm thinking Kevin Lembo wins in 2018 rather comfortably after Malloy retires to take a position in the Clinton Administration.
mds32
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »

Lol, Scott's approvals are much higher. Thanks for telling me how my state is though. I'd ask you what's in the water out there in California, but you know....Roll Eyes

Lol
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »

There aren't realistically any Republicans left in the state that could win. I'm thinking Kevin Lembo wins in 2018 rather comfortably after Malloy retires to take a position in the Clinton Administration.

That's like 3 big assumptions in two sentences. McKinney? Boughton? Who says there will be another Clinton administration?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 01:28:57 PM »

That's like 3 big assumptions in two sentences. McKinney? Boughton? Who says there will be another Clinton administration?

I didn't say it would happen, only that I think it could. It's my opinion that the two best Republicans that could run, McKinney (who I like) and Boughton, wouldn't win. Assumptions are necessary when making predictions more than 3 years out.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies