CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:34:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low  (Read 4114 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »

Connecticut is a very winnable state for Republicans if they don't nominate clueless Greenwich millionaires like Tom Foley.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 04:50:13 PM »

Connecticut is a very winnable state for Republicans if they don't nominate clueless Greenwich millionaires like Tom Foley.

Its not so much that they nominated Foley, its that they did it again despite him not being able to win in the 2010 landslide.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

But surely clueless Greenwich millionaires are our primary demographic in Connecticut, no?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »

Its not so much that they nominated Foley, its that they did it again despite him not being able to win in the 2010 landslide.

2010 was not a "landslide" by any means.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »

I'm sure he meant "wave", i.e., the nationwide swing to the GOP in 2010.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 01:37:32 AM »

Still, he's better than Brownback, Scott or any of the other poor GOP governors that won re-election.
Lol, Scott's approvals are much higher. Thanks for telling me how my state is though. I'd ask you what's in the water out there in California, but you know....Roll Eyes

Hahaha, making fun of natural disasters is great. How's your ground? I hope it doesn't SINK hahaha. How's the ecological diversity of the Everglades??? Pretty sh**tty because of those snakes hahahaha I'm dying of laughter.

(Rick Scott and Dan Malloy have near identical approval ratings)

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 06:07:24 AM »

Still, he's better than Brownback, Scott or any of the other poor GOP governors that won re-election.
Lol, Scott's approvals are much higher. Thanks for telling me how my state is though. I'd ask you what's in the water out there in California, but you know....Roll Eyes

Rick Scott is an absolutely terrible Governor and his latest antics on Medicaid come straight out of a cartoon villain's handbook (normal)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »

http://foxct.com/2015/06/14/republican-tom-foley-leaves-the-door-open-to-running-for-governor-again/

Guy needs to learn how to take a hint.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »

Connecticut GOP will push him away in favor of Herbst. Hopefully.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2015, 11:17:36 PM »

I've never heard of Herbst. Sounds like a fake name.

I hope George Jepsen (attorney general) runs in 2018. He's all that and a bag of chips.

Lembo would be okay too, but AG > Comptroller

McKinney would have walked all over Malloy, but he wasn't "pure" enough for the party faithful. The state GOP and its voters have only themselves to blame.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »

I'm personally a big Lembo fan, I've met him a few times and he's a cool guy. CT probably wouldn't have a problem with a gay governor.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2015, 02:25:44 PM by homelycooking »

Why wouldn't Foley give it another go? He's evidently a bored, wealthy businessman with plenty of cash to burn on another race - if he hated running for office he'd just spend his time yachting, I guess.

If you haven't heard of him, Timothy Herbst is the first selectman of Trumbull. He ran for State Treasurer last year, narrowly losing to Denise Nappier.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »

Not to mention the strongest performing GOP candidate in that year and very obviously ambitious.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »

Herbst will definitely go for it, and Lembo will most likely make some attempt as well. I'm not so sure about Jepsen, I think he'll sit this one out. According to my sources, Malloy would be on the very short list of a potential Clinton Administration for HUD or Transportation Secretary, so Lt. Gov. Wyman's ascension to Governor could influence which Democrats run.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »

Malloy seems to be doing everything he can to endear himself to the Clintons - he's formally endorsed Hillary a full seventeen months before the election. Soon he'll be the chairman of the DGA, enabling him to spend more time out-of-state, giving progressive-flavored stump speeches, arguing for policies with Hillary's stamp of approval - a higher minimum wage, sick leave, more restrictions on gun purchasing and ownership - on the basis of his success in getting those policies rammed through a reticent Democratic-controlled legislature in Connecticut.

I think that Malloy is really aiming for a VP nomination, though he'd surely be happy with a lesser slice of the patronage pie if necessary. He has too much ambition to be satisfied with being Connecticut's governor for much longer, that's for sure.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 07:24:46 AM »

Malloy seems to be doing everything he can to endear himself to the Clintons - he's formally endorsed Hillary a full seventeen months before the election.
Claire McCaskill endorese Hillary two years ago.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »

If you haven't heard of him, Timothy Herbst is the first selectman of Trumbull. He ran for State Treasurer last year, narrowly losing to Denise Nappier.

Clearly he didn't make any impression on me. But at least he's not a Greenwich billionaire, I'm so sick of them running for state office except for Lamont

What happened with Malloy's plan of lowering the sales tax from 6.35% to 5.95%? Seems like that awesome proposal didn't make it through.
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Teddy Kennedy, Jr. is the Democratic nominee for Governor in 2018.  The Republican nomination will likely go to McKinney, I think.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »

That's quite a precarious limb right there. If Ted Kennedy Jr., a freshman state senator, somehow becomes the nominee, Democrats deserve to and will most certaintly lose.
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »

That's quite a precarious limb right there. If Ted Kennedy Jr., a freshman state senator, somehow becomes the nominee, Democrats deserve to and will most certaintly lose.

He's not any freshman state senator, though.  He's a Kennedy.  His name recognition exceeds that of Lembo, who has won on the statewide level, and he brings a significant amount of wealth to the campaign.  His name recognition will also likely allow him to advance his legislative agenda at an accelerated rate compared to other senators.  In 2018, he'll have already won reelection. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies