CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:43:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low  (Read 4152 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 28, 2015, 11:26:45 PM »

BUT GUUUUUYYYYS, ATLAS SAYS THAT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST GOVERNORS IN THE COUNTRY! He is totally invincible,  me running that he was against a terrible candidate, AND a third party spoiler, and still only narrowly won!

You can't really call it a spoiler when the winner got over 50%...
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »

Free Bird, again, you do realize that a candidate cannot be a spoiler unless he actually spoils the election for a candidate right? Malloy got over 50%, so Foley wouldn't have won even if all the Visconti voters went to him instead (which most did anyway since he endorsed Foley right before the election).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »

It's their problem. They re-elected him with a bigger margin that the first time.

I agree, this will probably turn into a O'Malley-like situation in 2018. The people will likely vote a Republican into the governor mansion.

There aren't realistically any Republicans left in the state that could win. I'm thinking Kevin Lembo wins in 2018 rather comfortably after Malloy retires to take a position in the Clinton Administration.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:28:57 PM »

It's their problem. They re-elected him with a bigger margin that the first time.

I agree, this will probably turn into a O'Malley-like situation in 2018. The people will likely vote a Republican into the governor mansion.

There aren't realistically any Republicans left in the state that could win. I'm thinking Kevin Lembo wins in 2018 rather comfortably after Malloy retires to take a position in the Clinton Administration.

That's like 3 big assumptions in two sentences. McKinney? Boughton? Who says there will be another Clinton administration?

I didn't say it would happen, only that I think it could. It's my opinion that the two best Republicans that could run, McKinney (who I like) and Boughton, wouldn't win. Assumptions are necessary when making predictions more than 3 years out.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »

http://foxct.com/2015/06/14/republican-tom-foley-leaves-the-door-open-to-running-for-governor-again/

Guy needs to learn how to take a hint.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »

I'm personally a big Lembo fan, I've met him a few times and he's a cool guy. CT probably wouldn't have a problem with a gay governor.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »

Herbst will definitely go for it, and Lembo will most likely make some attempt as well. I'm not so sure about Jepsen, I think he'll sit this one out. According to my sources, Malloy would be on the very short list of a potential Clinton Administration for HUD or Transportation Secretary, so Lt. Gov. Wyman's ascension to Governor could influence which Democrats run.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »

That's quite a precarious limb right there. If Ted Kennedy Jr., a freshman state senator, somehow becomes the nominee, Democrats deserve to and will most certaintly lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies