CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:43:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT: Malloy Job Approval at All-Time Low  (Read 4147 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« on: June 07, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »

Connecticut is a very winnable state for Republicans if they don't nominate clueless Greenwich millionaires like Tom Foley.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »

I'm sure he meant "wave", i.e., the nationwide swing to the GOP in 2010.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:23:20 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2015, 02:25:44 PM by homelycooking »

Why wouldn't Foley give it another go? He's evidently a bored, wealthy businessman with plenty of cash to burn on another race - if he hated running for office he'd just spend his time yachting, I guess.

If you haven't heard of him, Timothy Herbst is the first selectman of Trumbull. He ran for State Treasurer last year, narrowly losing to Denise Nappier.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:38:19 PM »

Malloy seems to be doing everything he can to endear himself to the Clintons - he's formally endorsed Hillary a full seventeen months before the election. Soon he'll be the chairman of the DGA, enabling him to spend more time out-of-state, giving progressive-flavored stump speeches, arguing for policies with Hillary's stamp of approval - a higher minimum wage, sick leave, more restrictions on gun purchasing and ownership - on the basis of his success in getting those policies rammed through a reticent Democratic-controlled legislature in Connecticut.

I think that Malloy is really aiming for a VP nomination, though he'd surely be happy with a lesser slice of the patronage pie if necessary. He has too much ambition to be satisfied with being Connecticut's governor for much longer, that's for sure.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies