Clyde Polling - Presidential Election (2nd Poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clyde Polling - Presidential Election (2nd Poll)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clyde Polling - Presidential Election (2nd Poll)  (Read 1812 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
« edited: June 05, 2015, 10:12:03 AM by Clyde1998 »

G0lRN4LKRQ
http://goo.gl/forms/PP0hd3g6Fq

Now the DKrol has confirmed he's running - I'm going to run a poll on the Presidental Election.

You have three days to vote.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 05:20:19 PM »

Enthusiastically Bore/ Nix.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »

bore (not a fascist)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »

Experienced and trusted President Bore for another term
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »

Very interesting results, so far. Not what I was expecting...
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 10:15:37 PM »

Enthusiastically undecided and ready to hear both candidates out.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:58 AM »

Current Polling Figures:
Bore [Lab]/Nix [TPP] - 12 (46.2%)
DKrol [CR]/Cris [CR] - 11 (42.3%)
Undecided - 2 (7.7%)
Other - 1 (3.8%)

The other vote is for DKrol on a different ticket.

The current polling for the President then is:

Bore [Lab] - 12 (46.2%)
DKrol [CR] - 12 (46.2%)
Undecided - 2 (7.7%)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »

it's a travesty that one of the greatest presidents in atlasian history is almost losing to a nobody.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 03:02:06 AM »

it's a travesty that one of the greatest presidents in atlasian history is almost losing to a nobody.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 03:37:33 AM »

It won't happen - no disrespect to Dkrol, but I don't buy these numbers. But a close contest of ideas is important.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 04:08:26 AM »

Out of the 7 presidential elections I have "worked" in some way (wow - seems like so many more), my party has won 4. Regardless of what was said in public, in the 4 we won, I always considered the opposition a serious threat. In the 3 we lost, I never considered the favored candidate as inevitable as the public did (and in all of them, Labor did a lot better than people thought it would - especially Oct 2014). I guess what I'm saying is...nobody should write-off a candidate as not being competitive or capable of winning (hehe, who remembers this and all the expectations prior?).

Of course, in none of those cases was I working to elect an incumbent President, and in only one out of the past 7 presidential elections has an incumbent President even sought re-election...

Ooh, and another observation I just made: in those past 7, no non-Labor leftist candidate for President has won the Presidency. Haha: suck it, milquetoasties - I'd rather the Right win than you!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »

Hmmm you're mellowing
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 07:02:01 AM »

It won't happen - no disrespect to Dkrol, but I don't buy these numbers. But a close contest of ideas is important.
The gap has widened since I posted those numbers - due to more TPP and Labour members taking part - without undecided voters Bore is on 57.1%. Weighting the poll based on membership figures for each party (so no party is over represented in the poll) Bore is on 58.2%.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 06:32:26 PM »

Ooh, and another observation I just made: in those past 7, no non-Labor leftist candidate for President has won the Presidency. Haha: suck it, milquetoasties - I'd rather the Right win than you!

Of course. That's how you secured DKrol's position in the Assembly in the first place.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »

Attitudes like this are the main reason I prefer to stay out of Labor.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »

Of course. That's how you secured DKrol's position in the Assembly in the first place.

Liar

Attitudes like this are the main reason I prefer to stay out of Labor.

Dear Kal, such things are necessary. Before Labor, the Real Left (often referred to as the "Loony Left" by snide, uppity lieberals) was a completely disorganized, unambitious and frantic bunch subservient to the left-center's desires. Our votes were taken for granted as rampant personality politics and non-ideological babble ruled the land. To be fair, this is the organic dynamic and natural course of Atlasia: looking at election results over a decade, it's obvious what happens when nothing is kept in check.

Those left-centrists and milquetoasties rule with an iron fist of smileys and empty rhetoric, leveraging the most popular among them into office to guarantee victory. The disorganized leftists went along with it, because hey, why would they vote for the Right? And the Right...is always outnumbered, except in the current era and only under conditions involving spite from the left-center. Despite the misintrepretation of my quote, we haven't really denied milquetoasts victory overtly at the ballot box, despite the fact that they've been doing/attempting to do it to us for years (I merely chuckled at how things have went, and stated my own desired outcome - in reality, things have just worked out that way for the most part because we're a larger bloc of voters). Even most Lieberals received votes from Laborites when we were at our worst. I mean, if the traditionally-disorganized left is expected to go along with left-center, then why must some of them insist on voting for right-wingers over left-wingers when the time came to vote for us? Oh, that's right: they think they're entitled to victory and better than the rest.

All of this is why Labor has had to work so hard and fight so furiously over the past three years or so: we are an anomaly, an aberration; something that is not supposed to be here in any way, shape or form. But we truly are a good aberration, in the sense that we not only keep the legislative wheels moving productively and have accomplished a great deal on the policy front, but that we have also made it much harder for the types like Napoleon, Tmth, Wolfentoad, and all of the other personality cultists to thrive without being checked (though I'll admit Lumine got through the cracks somehow, may he RIP). In addition and perhaps most importantly, we have shown leftists throughout the land that they never have to be subservient to a group or ideology that does not share their values nor respect them, and that they can accomplish policy initiatives.

Sadly, because what we suppress is the norm and what we are is an anomaly, there is always a new group or clique waiting in the wings (which, during my time, has often harbored many of the same people, as one group dies and another is immediately reborn), ready to fight us and drive the narrative back to what it always has been: a non-competitive contest between boring, milquetoast personalities that literally have no differences and win solely based on how moderate and popular they can paint themselves. The names may change, but the characters, motivations, personalities and tactics all remain the same. I've often compared this dynamic to "Whack-a-Mole".

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »

Polling Results:
Bore [Lab]/Nix [TPP] - 16 [51.6%]
DKrol [CR]/Cris [CR] - 11 [36.5%]
Undecided - 3 [9.7%]
Other - 1 [3.2%]
The one other vote was DKrol [CR]/Dereich [Fed]

President only:
Bore [Lab] - 16 [51.6%]
DKrol [CR] - 12 [38.7%]
Undecided - 3 [9.1%]

Decided voters only:
Bore [Lab] - 16 [57.1%]
DKrol [CR] - 12 [42.9%]

Weighted to Party Membership - President only:
Bore [Lab] - 53.7%
DKrol [CR] - 41.2%
Undecided - 5.1%

Weighted to Party Membership - Decided voters only:
Bore [Lab] - 56.6%
DKrol [CR] - 43.4%
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »

The Second Poll is now live, with Altsomn as DKrol's running mate - http://goo.gl/forms/PP0hd3g6Fq
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »

so… a nobody and a deranged sock-puppeteer? rip in peace atlasian right.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »

Without a single doubt, DKrol for President and myself for Vicepresident, the ticket of the regions. Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »

All For Bore
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »

Quite tight again, however may not be accurate with the "Bacon Alliance", as I shall call it, now confirming that they'll stand after this poll was first opened.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies