CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:55:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out  (Read 15086 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »

I agree. This supermajority fever dream is not happening, especially if Trump's polling doesn't get better.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »

At this point you should be hoping to end up with more than 45 seats this election in order to win back the Senate at all in 2018.

The problem for Democrats is that the same early general polls that show Clinton crushing Trump in a landslide show most incumbent GOP Senators leading their Democratic opponents (sometimes by wide margins). The only Republican who appears kind of doomed is Ron Johnson.

Maryland?  I think Republicans should focus on picking up NV, and defending PA, FL, and OH.  Those are their four firewall seats for holding the Senate.  If this was a midterm year, and Szeliga was running against Edwards, then maybe Maryland would be competitive, but I don't think so.

You're probably right, but it doesn't hurt if they at least spend some time and money there. If her numbers don't improve, they can still pull out of the state later.  If only the CO GOP was running as good candidates as the MD GOP, lol.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 11:51:38 AM »

I agree. If things don't change, Republicans should concede this race and focus entirely on Nevada and maybe Maryland as possible pick-up opportunities. It's sad because Bennet is definitely very vulnerable.
Maryland?  I think Republicans should focus on picking up NV, and defending PA, FL, and OH.  Those are their four firewall seats for holding the Senate.  If this was a midterm year, and Szeliga was running against Edwards, then maybe Maryland would be competitive, but I don't think so.

What we need to do (if we lose the presidential election, which is looking possible thanks to Donald the RINO) is maintain at least 53 seats in the Senate.  That makes the path to 60 in 2018 very, very realistic (probably more likely than not).
Our path to 61 seats in 2018:
First, this year:
Jolly or DeSantis hold FL
Heck picks up NV
Portman and Toomey hold their seats
Johnson, Kirk, and Ayotte lose
This gives Republicans a 52-48 majority
Then, in 2018:
Racicot or Zinke pick up MT
Dalrymple (or another Republican) picks up ND
Wagner picks up MO
Ballard (or another Republican) picks up IN
Those are the four lowest hanging fruits.  That puts us at 56-44.  But it doesn't stop there!
We can also pick up these seats if we try, and get strong recruits:
OH, VA, PA, WI, FL.  Picking up all 9 gives Republicans a 61-39 majority.  Of course, I wouldn't bet on it, but it is definately doable.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »

At this point you should be hoping to end up with more than 45 seats this election in order to win back the Senate at all in 2018.

The problem for Democrats is that the same early general polls that show Clinton crushing Trump in a landslide show most incumbent GOP Senators leading their Democratic opponents (sometimes by wide margins). The only Republican who appears kind of doomed is Ron Johnson.

Maryland?  I think Republicans should focus on picking up NV, and defending PA, FL, and OH.  Those are their four firewall seats for holding the Senate.  If this was a midterm year, and Szeliga was running against Edwards, then maybe Maryland would be competitive, but I don't think so.

You're probably right, but it doesn't hurt if they at least spend some time and money there. If her numbers don't improve, they can still pull out of the state later.  If only the CO GOP was running as good candidates as the MD GOP, lol.
I agree wth you on the Senate races.  Even when Clinton is up against Trump in some states (MO, NC, AZ), polls still show Blunt, Burr, and McCain very close (and usually even ahead), so be prepared for some ticket splitting.
And as for MD, I think Szeliga is a strong recruit.  It's an open seat, so maybe if Republicans spend a little time and money there, they can trick Democrats into thinking its competitive, and the Democrats will move resources out of other races to defend Maryland.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:04 PM »

I would add Kirk to the doomed list as well. Also, GOP Senators may be outperforming Trump right now in the polls, but that may not likely be the case 6 months from now after countless ads have been run connecting them to Trump and the things he's said this cycle.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »

Local Colorado News is now going around asking voters if their signatures are legit. At least one Keyser signee says her signature was forged.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2016, 05:12:35 PM »

This is the guy that the Colorado GOP thought could make the race competitive? Him?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1313426775337589
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:10 PM »

This is the guy that the Colorado GOP thought could make the race competitive? Him?

that got so bad so fast. wow.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2016, 05:25:31 PM »

This is super cringe worthy to watch good lord. "Lets focus on the issues at hand." Like you horrible trying to dodge the corruption allegations being brought against you. This guy's done, he seems like an a$$hole.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »

lol Rubio-esqe.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »

COGOP is a joke.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »

http://www.denverpost.com/election/ci_29854603/new-order-court-rules-robert-blaha-will-appear

Businessman Robert Blaha is on the ballot now, and Frazier is still in the legal battle to get on it himself.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »

Lol, this seat was handed to them on a silver platter in 2004, in 2010 and now in 2016 and the CO GOP threw it away three times in a row lol.

If I was Cory Gardner I'd probably start building my own infrastructure outside of the COGOP. He's gonna need it.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »

I could see Gardner for President 2020 happening, personally.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:14 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFqUYwwync

Ryan Frazier comes out with a zombie themed ad. Super odd but could get traction for standing out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies