CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Sen: Mike Coffman out  (Read 15122 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

« on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:46 AM »

We can speculate about what would've happened in 2010 until the cows come home. It's not 2010 anymore, and unless Bennet faces a similar atmosphere, it's reasonable to assume he'll be favored, especially since the Republicans don't exactly have a juggernaut to run against him.

He's right actually. Calamity Jane would've beat Bennet.

But who do the pubs have that is even comparable? Cynthia "We defunded Planned Parenthood!"/"I might support gay marriage, but I also might not" (real quotes from her btw) Coffman? She's 4 months into her new job and as dense as a doornail. Ellen Roberts? She doesn't know what Roe v Wade did.

And now the entire staff of the COGOP just resigned in response to Ryan Call losing his leadership election. If things continue at this pace, Coffman might not even keep his House seat. The COGOP is in total civil war, has no credible moderate candidates... It's bad for them. They had better hope for Rubio and/or Paul on the Presidential ticket, otherwise it could be a real bloodbath in 2016.

I think they should honestly nominate John Elway for Senate though. The old ham sandwich has been threatening to run since Salazar, so why not give it a try. He has no record he'd need to flip-flop on.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »

Josh Penry or Jane Norton would both make the seat very competitive.

Would Suthers consider, also?

Jane Norton? What is this, 2010? She's a huge paper tiger, and a name from the past.

Suthers is now the mayor of Colorado Springs, he just got elected.
... Do either of your comments make a point?

Norton is much better at stump speeches than most other candidates, and strong campaigning on her part would help.

Suthers took office nearly the same time as Stapleton. Does that mean the latter shouldn't run?

Overall, I think Penry would be a very strong candidate. Brauchler seems more like a John McCain to Penry's Scott Smith. To compound, Brauchler could easily win or heavily lose, while Penry would glide to victory with coattails.

Jane Norton would be very formidable. She's Cynthia Coffman with a  brain.

Don't count on Josh Penry. Every time the GOP trots out some aging frat boy "millennial"--cough cough Josh Mandel--they get trounced. Young people may seem like potential swing voters, but the GOP strategy should be to keep them from voting, not trying to win their vote. White women in the suburbs are the only real swing vote in CO, so give them one of their own.

Also, Brauchler and Blaha are horrible too. They are too far right for the electorate and lack Cory Gardner's lying skills. I still think this is Likely Dem, assuming there isn't another financial meltdown.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies