Ladies and Gentlemen of the Atlasia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:02:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ladies and Gentlemen of the Atlasia...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Atlasia...  (Read 679 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »
« edited: May 03, 2005, 11:02:01 PM by Senator MAS117 »

Ladies and Gentlemen of Atlasia...

I've been thinking about the June election for a few weeks now, and I have decided it is in my best interset not to seek the nomination for Senator in June against my distinguished friend, Colin Wixted of PA. You might say I am just doing this because I know that I will lose. However, that is not the case. I am not affaird to put up a good, well spirited fight, for the Atlasian Senate.

Over the past few weeks I have been continplating as to whether or not I am being viewed as a joke, and am being disrepected here at the forum. I have came to the conclusion that this is true, among the ranks of my own party, the Union Party, and just general people throughout the fantasy forum community. It's possible that many started to not like after the Naso campagin earlier this year, and I realize I was acting like an idiot, and mose people knew my intentions there. However, after speaking to numerous citizens of Atlasia, I have noticed an on going trend of elitism here in Atlasia. It's pretty evident to me and to others that this is just the case, and it is very disenfranchising.

So, its with a heavy heart that I retire in June from the Atlasian Senate. However, I am not ruling out a possible come back later on whether it is in October or anytime next year. I hope to be included in a possible cabinet for whoever wins the Presidential race in June, and if I am not I will probably leave forum politics for a few months, so I can focus on other things in my life. There are too many people to thank, and those of you who have helped me grow politically, and have helped me be a better Senator, I thank you, and you know who you are. I like to think that the bills I've introduced and passed have been meaningful to my District and to Atlasia, and I will countinue to send more bills throughout the next session. If you have any questions or comments, please post them in this thread. Thank you, and its been an honor serving the members of the second Senatorial district.

- MAS117
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 11:30:46 PM »

Good speech, MAS. 

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be running, but I sincerely hope that you will find a place in government in June.

I also this present session will be fruitful for you and all of us.

I also hope, as always, that elitism will not fill our ranks, as that will spell the death of our system.

Good luck MAS and I wish you the best.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 11:36:52 PM »

Good speech, MAS. 

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be running, but I sincerely hope that you will find a place in government in June.

I also this present session will be fruitful for you and all of us.

I also hope, as always, that elitism will not fill our ranks, as that will spell the death of our system.

Good luck MAS and I wish you the best.

Thank you Senator, your words mean a lot to me.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 12:08:16 PM »

Very good speech MAS. I am kind of relieved that I do not have to face a talented, experienced candidate like yourself for my re-election to the Senate.

I am sure that you will get a position in the cabinet. We always need active, experienced, and knowledgable people in the cabinet.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:55:37 PM »

It's too bad to see you go MAS, hopefully we'll see you back sometime in the future.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 03:55:41 PM »

MAS just FYI I didn't know I was part of the Atlasia.

MAS117, I'm very sorry to see you go.  I was hoping to see you put a strong fight up for Senate.  

I agree, there is a great and alarming trend of elitism, particularly among your high hat libertarian leaning folks who think they're smarter than others.  That social liberal establishment united with the corporatist elite to fight against me in my campaign for senate.  It seems the same groups are trying to orchestrate a Dibble victory for President.  I can garentee that there will still be a strong anti-elite populist force in the Senate after you're gone.

What the hell? That is the biggest piece of tripe I have heard in years.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 04:07:37 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2005, 04:09:37 PM by Senator MAS117 »

MAS117, I'm very sorry to see you go.  I was hoping to see you put a strong fight up for Senate. 

I agree, there is a great and alarming trend of elitism, particularly among your high hat libertarian leaning folks who think they're smarter than others.  That social liberal establishment united with the corporatist elite to fight against me in my campaign for senate.  It seems the same groups are trying to orchestrate a Dibble victory for President.  I can garentee that there will still be a strong anti-elite populist force in the Senate after you're gone.

what the hell?
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »

Too late...
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

MAS117, I'm very sorry to see you go.  I was hoping to see you put a strong fight up for Senate. 

I agree, there is a great and alarming trend of elitism, particularly among your high hat libertarian leaning folks who think they're smarter than others.  That social liberal establishment united with the corporatist elite to fight against me in my campaign for senate.  It seems the same groups are trying to orchestrate a Dibble victory for President.  I can garentee that there will still be a strong anti-elite populist force in the Senate after you're gone.

HuhHuh??
What's the frown for?  I'm complementing you.

Yeah I dont know why it did that, I changed it ignore it. The point of not naming names is not to name changes. What you said is just stupid.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 05:40:25 PM »

What does this have to do with what MAS talked about above?

And also, he's not retiring or resigning, he's just saying he's not running for re-election.  I'm confused as to why everyone's wishing him well as though he were leaving.

He's still going to be around for another session of the Senate, and I look forward to working with him, as fellow members of the Union party, to fight neo-cons wherever they may appear.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies