ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44%  (Read 1792 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:33 AM »
« edited: June 02, 2015, 08:57:44 AM by Mr. Morden »

ABC/WaPo national poll, conducted May 28-31:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/06/02/National-Politics/Polling/question_15691.xml?uuid=nhRhlgkVEeWVHo4VCQ1krg

RV:

Clinton 47%
Bush 44%

adults:

Clinton 49%
Bush 41%
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:59:03 AM »

Clinton (D) ........................ 51%
Bush (R) ........................... 43%

The CNN poll found Hillary leading by the same margin among adults.

Actually, I edited my post because I noticed that the 8 point margin was among all adults.  Among RVs, it's just a 3 point margin.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »

Among registered voters, Bush's favorability…

favorable: 33%
unfavorable: 54%

Pretty terrible.  Clinton's favorability appears to be declining, but Bush's favorability is pathetic.  His unfavorable number has been slowly rising over the course of the last year, as he's been talked about more and more as a presidential candidate:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/jeb-bush-favorable-rating
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »

Among registered voters, Bush's favorability…

favorable: 33%
unfavorable: 54%

Pretty terrible.  Clinton's favorability appears to be declining, but Bush's favorability is pathetic.  His unfavorable number has been slowly rising over the course of the last year, as he's been talked about more and more as a presidential candidate:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/jeb-bush-favorable-rating

Talk about inelasticity! Just about everyone who does not have an unfavorable view of Bush supports him (even if they have no opinion), and just about everyone who does not have an unfavorable view of Hillary supports her (even if they have no opinion), and apparently there is just about nobody who has both a favorable or unfavorable opinion of both. Maybe that is over drawing inferences from the array of numbers, but I doubt I am that far off. What it does suggest is that a candidate with some potential for crossover appeal, and not a lot of scar tissue, like Kasich, might have a lot of upside, in this polarized and not that keen on anybody out there at the moment environment. To me, he's the biggest unknown factor in the mix.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »

I just don't get why the media is trying to push Bush as the "frontrunner" when the reality is the only thing claiming his "front runner status" is the media themselves LOL. Enough of Bush, he can't even barely appeal to a majority of his own damn party. Let's have the media stop lying to themselves and realize Rubio Walker & Rand are the clear frontrunners with both the strongest nomination & general election chances. Bush would be a cakewalk for Hillary, would be a giant GOP sh**tshow in 2016 again.

bobloblaw
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 03:20:20 PM »

I just don't get why the media is trying to push Bush as the "frontrunner" when the reality is the only thing claiming his "front runner status" is the media themselves LOL. Enough of Bush, he can't even barely appeal to a majority of his own damn party. Let's have the media stop lying to themselves and realize Rubio Walker & Rand are the clear frontrunners with both the strongest nomination & general election chances. Bush would be a cakewalk for Hillary, would be a giant GOP sh**tshow in 2016 again.

The media wants Hillary to win and Bush is the easiest candidate to beat. Also Bush is the most liberal, so if he did win, it wouldnt be that bad for liberals.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »

Did they really just poll Bush? Why not Rubio, Walker... the media needs to stop pretending Bush is the font runner he's not.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »

Shows the importance of voter registration drives, IMO.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »

You must be on some good drugs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

Yeah, coupled with the winning message of "We suck less", 2014 was a real Democratic year.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 08:27:10 AM »

Exactly what I was gonna say. People who say the media loves Hillary and wants her to win are evidently tone deaf.
Hydera

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 09:59:36 AM »

Lol,

Liberals - Bush 16%

According to the poll this would be the best showing by a republican amongst liberals since 1988 when HW bush won 18% of liberals. The sanders supporters are so butthurt they are going to vote for Jeb. Don't let the door hit you guys on the way out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

The media wants Hillary to win and Bush is the easiest candidate to beat. Also Bush is the most liberal, so if he did win, it wouldnt be that bad for liberals.

Kasich should have gotton into it, early. Hesitation cost him, and it allowed Mitt Romney and Jeb to be in spotlight.

Jeb just like Romney is  beatable and has become chamber of commerce candidates.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »

Did you just say that Bush winning wouldn't be that bad for liberals?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies