ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:31:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ABC/WaPo national poll: Clinton 47% Bush 44%  (Read 1818 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »

Among registered voters, Bush's favorability…

favorable: 33%
unfavorable: 54%

Pretty terrible.  Clinton's favorability appears to be declining, but Bush's favorability is pathetic.  His unfavorable number has been slowly rising over the course of the last year, as he's been talked about more and more as a presidential candidate:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/jeb-bush-favorable-rating

Talk about inelasticity! Just about everyone who does not have an unfavorable view of Bush supports him (even if they have no opinion), and just about everyone who does not have an unfavorable view of Hillary supports her (even if they have no opinion), and apparently there is just about nobody who has both a favorable or unfavorable opinion of both. Maybe that is over drawing inferences from the array of numbers, but I doubt I am that far off. What it does suggest is that a candidate with some potential for crossover appeal, and not a lot of scar tissue, like Kasich, might have a lot of upside, in this polarized and not that keen on anybody out there at the moment environment. To me, he's the biggest unknown factor in the mix.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies