Huckabee-I wish I was Trans-gendered
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:52:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee-I wish I was Trans-gendered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Huckabee-I wish I was Trans-gendered  (Read 4186 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »

So weird. He and Santorum have gone in opposite directions and I can't say it's going to help Huckabee to run like its 2004.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »

Meh.

If a presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Mike Huckabee would be determined by whether people think this kinda joke is outrageously offensive and transphobic, he'll win in a landslide.

Well, it's actually kind of important that the President doesn't mock the real situations that trans people face.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 10:32:34 PM »

I don't care much for trans issues, but expressing desire to have been a peeping tom is a bit unbecoming for a presidential candidate.
Samantha
totheleft
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -4.43

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »

The sad part is that Huckabee is representative of a large bloc of the GOP's southern base. He is tapping into white christian angst when he acts like a neanderthal, maybe a smart move in a Republican primary.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 01:41:06 AM »

I don't care much for trans issues, but expressing desire to have been a peeping tom is a bit unbecoming for a presidential candidate.

The Huckabee comments are bad enough. The comments from all y'all are even more appalling because I expect better from denizens of this forum.

"I don't care much for trans issues..." WTF does that mean?

Do Trans people not at least deserve the complicated artiface of respectability that most conservatives put around their xenophobic/sexist/racist/homophobic policy ideas?

You can't just say trans people are icky. If you want to disagree with specific policies re: school bathrooms and shower rooms, etc., then you must make your argument for strict gender conforming facilities on some other more respectable/reasoned basis.

This isn't the 1950s. You can hold abhorrant beliefs, but you shouldn't admit it so explicitly.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 01:46:58 AM »

Huckabee is a petty and ignorate, hate-filled little greedbag, who is about as far from being a Christian as its possible to get. If the Republican party had even a shred of decency, they would have booted him long, long ago. Instead, they're letting him use their primary process as free self-advertising - it's just pathetic, on both sides.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »

Trans people are the victims of violence, sexual and otherwise, so much more often than they perpetrate it that it's especially gross to see them painted as predators.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »

Huckabee is so terrible.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »

Huckabee is a petty and ignorate, hate-filled little greedbag, who is about as far from being a Christian as its possible to get. If the Republican party had even a shred of decency, they would have booted him long, long ago. Instead, they're letting him use their primary process as free self-advertising - it's just pathetic, on both sides.

Huckabee's a Pastor as well as a politician.  He'd do well to love his enemies as Christ commanded him to do.  Truthfully, he's become the kind of Pharisee Christ had contempt for when  he walked the Earth as a man.  Yes, I know that when Christ returns, He will be looking for His Church; His Bride without spot or blemish.  In the meantime, He has commanded us to Love thy Neighbor as thyself.  Even thy transgendered neighbor. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 02:58:13 AM »

Pataki is not amused:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/pataki-slams-huckabee-mocking-transgender-community

You must be logged in to read this quote.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:34 AM »

So he wishes he were transgendered so he could shower with the girls in P.E.? Doesn't that imply that he is lusting, which is one of the seven deadly sins? I wouldn't expect anything less from a preacher who defends a child molester all because the child molester hates the real child molesters: gay people.

Yes, Huckabee is going for the bigoted vote in the Republican primary. Why is this surprising? I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg, and we'll hear many more homophobic, sexist and totally asinine comments from the "man of God."

The Republican Party's "family values" voters are just downright creepy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 03:45:46 AM »

Is this why fellow Republican Jenner just became trans?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »

"Transgender" is preferred over "transgendered," which makes it sound like something that was done to the person. FYI.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies