2016 Republican Nomination Poll - June 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 Republican Nomination Poll - June 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will win the republican nomination in 2016?
Chris Christie

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

John Kasich

Peter King

Ben Carson

Bobby Jindal

Sarah Palin

Carly Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Jim Gilmore

Bob Ehrlich

George Pataki

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: 2016 Republican Nomination Poll - June 2015  (Read 7727 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »

It's probably:

1. Walker (and he will remain here until he says something stupid, because that's the only way the other Republicans will be able to go negative on him)

2. Rubio (Rubio will be the natural beneficiary when Jeb inevitably collapses and if/when Walker falters he will be the best positioned)

-Gap-

3. Cruz (He is by far the smartest debater/campaigner in the field, I have doubts he can win, but he is the definitive wild card in the race. I predict that even if he doesn't win he will have several 'kills' notched on his belt before the end of this)

Walker's made tons of missteps and he isn't even a candidate yet. He isn't ready for prime time. He won't be the nominee. Bush or Rubio. My money's on Bush.

What Republicans (typically speaking) fail to realize is that there is a moderate wing of their party. It's not just the overbearing establishment picking the candidate every cycle. Typically, the field isn't filled with moderates (or at least not filled with moderates who have a chance), and so one moderate scoops up the moderate vote, and the conservatives split the vote. I am confident that Jeb will be the nominee.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »

Kasich if Republicans are smart.

Imagine how a Kasich/Martinez ticket would play out in the general election....   
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 10:30:49 PM »

As Ted Cruz pointed out today, what early state does Jeb win? New Hampshire? George W Bush couldn't get within 10 points in New Hampshire. And that was before people had experienced President George W Bush. South Carolina by running on immigration reform? Not that he couldn't be the first nominee who didn't win Iowa or New Hampshire let alone South Carolina too but I wouldn't be confident in that.

I agree Walker is fragile but not because of gaffes (Cain struggling to remember what was going on in Libya didn't cost him in polls. That would be a mistress.) or not being moderate enough (Huckabee and Santorum were too moderate on economic issues, reviled by the establishment and had no money. Not problems Walker has.) Walker's problem is corruption. Especially as if, like usual, the cover-up ends up worse than the crime. Same goes for Rubio. But also immigration reform.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2015, 10:40:38 PM »

Walker is still capable of satisfying every right-wing interest (anti-labor, anti-environmental, anti-abortion, privatization, tax cuts, and war-mongering).
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 12:50:13 AM »

I am switching to Rubio.
rdrakes42
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 07:06:03 AM »

It's probably:

1. Walker (and he will remain here until he says something stupid, because that's the only way the other Republicans will be able to go negative on him)

2. Rubio (Rubio will be the natural beneficiary when Jeb inevitably collapses and if/when Walker falters he will be the best positioned)

-Gap-

3. Cruz (He is by far the smartest debater/campaigner in the field, I have doubts he can win, but he is the definitive wild card in the race. I predict that even if he doesn't win he will have several 'kills' notched on his belt before the end of this)

Walker's made tons of missteps and he isn't even a candidate yet. He isn't ready for prime time. He won't be the nominee. Bush or Rubio. My money's on Bush.

What Republicans (typically speaking) fail to realize is that there is a moderate wing of their party. It's not just the overbearing establishment picking the candidate every cycle. Typically, the field isn't filled with moderates (or at least not filled with moderates who have a chance), and so one moderate scoops up the moderate vote, and the conservatives split the vote. I am confident that Jeb will be the nominee.

The only thing that is keeping Jeb Bush afloat is tons of money and name recognition, all of his support is soft and the GOP just isn't where Jeb Bush is anymore. If you want to talk about missteps, Jeb Bush has proven pretty clearly that his political instincts have deteriorated.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »

Paul, Rubio, or Kasich. Voted for Paul this month.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 02:34:48 AM »

Kasich seems to have the strongest resume - I think he's going to run into problems in Iowa but I like his chances in New Hampshire.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 04:03:31 AM »

I'm switching from Walker to Rubio.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »

This seems to change literally every month with a new flavor. It's like musical chairs. Whoever's the flavor of February 2016 will win it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »

This seems to change literally every month with a new flavor.

This is actually the fifth month in a row that Walker has been leading this poll.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »

I think Walker has the most obvious early state path, but we'll see.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »

[1] Marco Rubio
[2] Scott Walker
[3] Jeb Bush

I'm only ranking the three candidate who have realistic paths to the nomination.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

Rubio is a clown with a cemetery full of skeletons. If he wasn't hispanic (white), he wouldn't even be in the conversation. I don't understand why you people are voting for him.

And it's still Jeb's to lose, though I suppose Cruz, Kasich, and Walker could all give him a run for his money.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »

Still Walker, but barely. I have a strong suspicion the media will destroy anyone for their precious "Hispanic Obama".
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »

I'm torn between Rubio and Walker, with Bush in a close third.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies