Would you allow a cop to search your car without a warrant? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:10:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you allow a cop to search your car without a warrant? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Depends (specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Would you allow a cop to search your car without a warrant?  (Read 4005 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 03, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »

le sigh

Of course not.  It doesn't matter if you have illegal things or not, you should never allow a random traffic cop to search your car during a typical traffic stop.  I mean, he may anyway, but not with your consent.  This is Very ImportantTM and it's kind of sad to see people that don't know this.  This is much more important information to have than not knowing that the passing lane is for passing only (my biggest pet peeve when driving).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:13:09 AM »

le sigh

Of course not.  It doesn't matter if you have illegal things or not, you should never allow a random traffic cop to search your car during a typical traffic stop.  I mean, he may anyway, but not with your consent.  This is Very ImportantTM and it's kind of sad to see people that don't know this.  This is much more important information to have than not knowing that the passing lane is for passing only (my biggest pet peeve when driving).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »

I wouldn't want them to but I'd probably let them.
They are going to if they want to, just make sure you tell them you do not approve of the search.  It matters (and may save your ass if you have sh**t or they plant sh**t).  Again, this is Very ImportantTM.  Never consent to the search.  Let them, don't use force to try and stop them for Og's sake, or even verbally argue with them.  Just make sure you're clear that you do not consent to the search.  You don't have to be a dick about it like a lot of people are, which just makes everything more likely to go poorly for you.  Be polite, respectful, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies