Jeb's In (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:36:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeb's In (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb's In  (Read 7212 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: June 08, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/06/08/a-week-from-launch-jeb-bush-names-and-reshuffles-his-team/

Bush shakes up his staff but didn't pick up any of Carson's exes.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »

Interesting fact from Twitter - Jeb is the only Bush to ever lose a race in Florida, that '94 one.

Well… that's a complicated one.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2015, 01:15:55 PM by Bull Moose Base »

I agree with that assessment of Bush's advantages. Bush's struggles aren't exactly the same as Romney in 2011 but they're roughly similar. Or as McCain 2007 but with much more money. On the other hand, he has tougher competition and I think this columnist is too dismissive of the drag immigration, Common Core and Bush fatigue will be on him.

Also, I agree if Bush has more momentum than Rubio heading into Florida, he's favored to pick it up, but because it's tentatively scheduled to fall after Super Tuesday, I'd guess a Bush win there is more likely to solidify his spot in a 2-man race than make him the presumptive nominee.

My wild guess on odds of being nominee would be like: Bush 40, Walker 30, Everyone else 30

Edit: I'm still a Rubio skeptic. His mini-surge looks like it's already fading before Bush has even used his massive war chest to attack him, and my gut is he won't hold up well to the attacks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies