Why are conservatives becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:03:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are conservatives becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Why are conservatives becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner?  (Read 10243 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »

Wait, are conservatives talking about this? Other than a minute long Rush clip and Mike Huckabee making a typical dumbass remark I hadn't noticed.

Yea, only the most popular conservative talk host in the country and half the GOP field for President are talking about this. Nothing to see here.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »

Conservative are freaking out because of fear, It's what they do.
Fear of gays.
Fear of Muslims.
Fear of Immigrants.
Etc.Etc.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »

You didn't even mention Huckabee's tasteless transphobic joke, or that Rick Santorum exists.

frothy has been less awful than many other people regarding ms jenner, surprisingly enough

Santorum has been striking a much less obnoxious tone this time. He knows what undid him in 2006 now.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »

Because while social conservatives tend to dislike the gay/lesbian/bi part of LGBT, they are actively horrified by the "T" part of it.

It makes no sense to them, you see.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »

Rush Limbaugh doesn't like the fact that Caitlyn Jenner identifies as a Republican and wants the party to reject her.

And now Rick Perry's presidential kickoff somehow devolved into a collective hissy fit on Twitter over the transwoman Olympian.

How many more groups of people are conservatives going to go out of their way to be mean and unwelcoming towards?

Did Perry say something about Jenner? I don't see anything about that. Your linked headline makes no sense to me. Anyway, I don't see much "unhinging" out there myself, other than Limbaugh's rant.

That's because presumably you like to have your cake and eat it, too - association and interaction with the more cultured and reserved members of the world, while possessing a dominant political preference for the unhinged and regressive cretins of the world. Yes, I imagine you would never see such negative mentions about Caitlyn Jenner in your hypothetical FB feed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »

And to provide the real answer to the original question about "why are conservatives becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner?":

This unfolding is absolutely, positively indicative of the unraveling of the world that conservatives love so dear. Practically everything they once loved and considered to be America is dead, and what isn't soon will be.

Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 09:30:34 PM »

(My personal view is that I will not use Jenner's preferred pronoun as I don't believe in it)

That's just called being a jerk.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 12:02:33 PM »

(My personal view is that I will not use Jenner's preferred pronoun as I don't believe in it)

That's just called being a jerk.

CCSF? A jerk? Why I never.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 12:11:49 PM »

Because it's being shoved in our faces - on magazines, on TV, everywhere.  Whether we like it or not.

Many are tired of her being heralded as a hero.  So she has Gender Identity Disorder.  Wants to become a woman. Okay.  Why harp on it for days and days and days and make her a knight?

She was given a "Courage" award at the expense of a  disabled vet and a brain cancer sufferer.  

(In the future, please use at a minimum, gender neutral pronouns when referring to transgender individuals, and preferably use the pronouns the individual in question uses in referring to eirself. Since it appears Caitlyn is using female pronouns please do so as well, except possibly when referring to something she did when she was still Bruce. - TF)

You're a real piece of work, aren't you?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »

Because it's being shoved in our faces - on magazines, on TV, everywhere.  Whether we like it or not.

Many are tired of her being heralded as a hero.  So she has Gender Identity Disorder.  Wants to become a woman. Okay.  Why harp on it for days and days and days and make her a knight?

She was given a "Courage" award at the expense of a  disabled vet and a brain cancer sufferer.  

(In the future, please use at a minimum, gender neutral pronouns when referring to transgender individuals, and preferably use the pronouns the individual in question uses in referring to eirself. Since it appears Caitlyn is using female pronouns please do so as well, except possibly when referring to something she did when she was still Bruce. - TF)

Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to why is CCSF becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner.  I mean the thread has sort of devolved into being all about him and his hangups on this one.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 12:41:39 PM »

Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to why is CCSF becoming so unhinged over Caitlyn Jenner.  I mean the thread has sort of devolved into being all about him and his hangups on this one.

Welcome to US General Discussion
CountryClassSF

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2015, 04:56:10 PM by CountryClassSF »

I'm not unhinged in the least.  Many public figures have a following and their detractors.  This is no different to me.  

All I've said was that he shouldn't be regarded as a hero. "Congratulating" someone for their sexual preference/gender change just doesn't make sense to me.

I like Jenner. I think Jenner is very funny.  If Jenner promotes conservative values, and stands up for those who oppose transgenderism on moral grounds not being hateful, I'd be happy for the GOP to embrace Jenner.

Also, many on the Right don't have a moral problem with transgenderism, they just don't think someone should be heralded for it
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 04:57:01 PM »

If we all don't believe in (and therefore don't respond to) a certain poster maybe he will cease to exist, kind of like a fake tree falling in an empty forest. Does it make a sound? Who knows and who cares?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »

If we all don't believe in (and therefore don't respond to) a certain poster maybe he will cease to exist, kind of like a fake tree falling in an empty forest. Does it make a sound? Who knows and who cares?

Someone asked a question about conservatives and Jenner, and I as a conservative, answered the question. What's the problem?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 10:33:22 PM »

I like Jenner. I think Jenner is very funny.  If Jenner promotes conservative values, and stands up for those who oppose transgenderism on moral grounds not being hateful, I'd be happy for the GOP to embrace Jenner.

"If she comes out and fights for my right to not respect her, THEN I'll respect her"
CountryClassSF

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 10:36:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you know people who make choices you disagree with? Friends/family/acquaintances?  Disagreement does not equal disrespect.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »

Do you know people who make choices you disagree with? Friends/family/acquaintances?  Disagreement does not equal disrespect.

It does when you make a point of using male pronouns.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 02:10:55 AM »

you literally said she should stand up for people who deny her very existence. stfu.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2015, 06:45:36 AM »

Because she has a 'y' in her first name?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »

Actually, I take more offense with the "Cait" part. Isn't the correct spelling Katelyn?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:10 AM »

Actually, I take more offense with the "Cait" part. Isn't the correct spelling Katelyn?

That's the worst part of what the person formerly known as Bruce has done. There's too many ways to choose to spell it and conservatives are horrified by choice.

[C|K][ait|ayt|ate]l[i|y][n|nn] = 24 different choices
Knives
solopop
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »

But why are you disagreeing? You are disagreeing because you can't understand, this isn't like economics it's about who you are as a person - you have to right to criticise what anyone does to their own body.
t_host1

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »

Because while social conservatives tend to dislike the gay/lesbian/bi part of LGBT, they are actively horrified by the "T" part of it.

...no, Bruce Jenner is nothing more than the millennial shock jock of their current ill(s).

It appears to me that the John Edwards “2 Americas’” by-line is evolving to a new definition and, since SCOTUS relevancy is becoming more of a joke of its own reality, like a pretzel, definitions do have meaning.

AS for Bruce Jenner political decisions, the ballot box has no discern till counting time, however, when he straps on one of those apple watches and clicks he’s a woman, well…  apples response will be “pretzels”.         
CountryClassSF

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »

Right. The pop culture generation probably knows more about Jenner than they would about who the Vice President is, who the House Speaker is, etc.

So out of step w/ my gen. Most of my L-G-B-T friends are older. Have much more in common with them.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »

Lindsey is cool with her.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-06-07/lindsey-graham-on-caitlyn-jenner-she-is-welcome-in-my-party-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies