Snowguy for Midwest Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:33:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snowguy for Midwest Senate  (Read 1127 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »

Hello Midwest!

I am ending what had been a very long hiatus in Atlasia to throw my hat in the ring under the Labor banner to represent the Midwest in the Atlasian senate.

As your senator, I will be an independent voice...though I wear my Labor allegience with pride.  But I never ignore constituents and I will never leave you wondering "why?" On a senate action I perform.

As a self professed global warming denier, I will nonetheless fight for sustainability in environmental policy, seek to elevate the plight of all of the downtrodden, and make Atlasia into a gritty place where people are safe in their rights and their own dignity through economic security and skepticism of authority.

Now enough with vague platitudes.

If you have questions, please ask.  Remember...questions will be answered in the quality in which they are received.

Sooo.yous have a nice day now!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:33:03 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2015, 01:15:06 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Endorsed!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

Glorious news!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »

Endorsed
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »

Endorsed
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 05:25:19 PM »

I am proud to see a veteran such as yourself seeking the seat. I have no doubt that you will prove a stalwart defender of the country's workers in the Senate, and I am glad to turn the office over to you. Endorsed.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »

Endorsed
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »

Endorsed.

I have no doubts Snowguy will be a great Senator from Midwest again.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 09:43:38 PM »

Endorsed.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »

Maybe this time we'll get along better. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2015, 10:09:10 PM by Snowguy716 »

Oh NCYankee, I am quick to anger and even quicker to forgive...but I never forget.

I will try to fight in the senate in the Paul Wellstone/Russ Feingold/Happy Warrior HHH vein.  

My policy on economics is like making good soup broth.  Simmer it so ideas and innovation can float freely to the top and the flavors meld well and the scum can be easily skimmed from the top and dissolved in hot water.  Too much boil and the scum reincorporates back into the broth, creating a cloudy, potentially greasy broth.  Not enough and all the crap sinks to the bottom and no ideas can simmer up.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 01:28:57 AM »

Endorsed.  Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »

Fellow Midwesterners, Atlasians:

A challenge has coalesced into being for the Midwest senate seat.  While I have nothing but utmost respect for our computer-genius-in-training, the stakes are high.

As your senator, I want to represent the Midwest and its values as a happy warrior who fights for the forgotten, the downtrodden, the hardworking, and those who do not yet fully enjoy our Atlasian dream.

My opponent claims to stand against extremism and for common sense.  Since when has a conservative ever fought for anything but elite ownership and lascivious control of the common cents?

I'd ask you to think hard as the choice might not seem clear.  My opponent is kind and no doubt has the best of intentions.  But I ask where those good intentions lead.  And while he might proclaim to fight for "the people", you must ask just who the "people" are.  We must disavow such labels that appeal vaguely to "everybody" and be a voice for those who have yet to be lifted up, that they might not be trampled underfoot and that they might march with us arm in arm to an equitable Atlasian future where we all proudly enjoy the fruits of our labor; the fruits of our charity; the fruits of our inviolable liberty; the fruits of all the people.

A wise old woodtick from northern Minnesota in a parallel universe complained he couldn't see the flag when he said the pledge one day.  And that bothered him greatly.  It bothered him greatly because he believes the words of that pledge "with liberty and justice for all."

I will do liberty and justice for all, and taking his advice, I will smile and do it well.  I hope you will stand with me.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »

I will get a platform out asap.  Some of my main points are revisiting education reform, revisiting land use management in the wake of drought in vital africultural areas, revisiting sustainable fisheries management and marine ecosystem health in our coastal waters, namely the Pacific, and also fun little things like expanding programs to fight invasive species and pathogens.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 12:03:08 AM »

I look forward to a healthy exchange of ideas in this election and wish my opponent good luck in this campaign.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »

I look forward to a healthy exchange of ideas in this election and wish my opponent good luck in this campaign.
Thank you.  I wish you the same.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »

Education reform proposals:

I do not have any specifics yet since I would be working with my fellow senators to devise the proposals, but I have major reform ideas.

Ending GPA inflation or deflation.  AP or IB programs would not earn you anything higher than a 4.0.  Conversely, a special education course would also earn you up to a 4.0.

This would discourage using the GPA as a singular tool in hiring practices or continuing education.

Ensuring paraprofessionals are available to offer one on one help for all students who want it or need it.  They would not be licensed teachers, but would have training to assist students and teachers in keeping all students moving forward.

Trying the open classroom approach for students, using a comprehensive curriculum that allows the student to pursue the subjects they want.  To prevent falling behind in less interesting subjects, the student would be prompted to complete a minimum level in those subjects before they could continue on the subject they want to learn.

This would not replace traditional curriculum, but would be a part of the school day.  It would be self guided learning with fun, educational activities.  Collaborative and team games/activities would be encouraged and the teacher and paraprofessional would be available to bring the "loner kids" into the fold.

Such an approach would be followed in before or after school programs for children who would otherwise be home alone.

Expanded busing for said after school programs

Ban holding back students to repeat a grade except in extreme circumstances, instead having mandatory summer school for students who fall behind academically.

Make parent involvement in schooling opt out rather than opt in.  Ask parents to volunteer time.  If they cannot, they may opt out.  But increased parental involvement ties schools to their communities and provides more stability for children from unstable or broken families.

Those are a few ideas for education reform.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »

Very happily endorsed, my friend!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »

Thank you all!  I will serve you well.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »

I trust you will bring some of that legendary Minnesota niceness (wasn't it rated nicest people or something like that?), back to Senate.

Anyway, congrats Smiley I look forward to many interesting exchanges over the coming months. Wink
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »

Congrats Snowguy!  I wish you well in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies