Radical Changes Elections Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:33:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Radical Changes Elections Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Is this timeline an FF or an HP?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Radical Changes Elections Timeline  (Read 30265 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »
« edited: July 17, 2016, 07:55:24 PM by ͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔ »

RADICAL CHANGES - 2000 TO 2056 ELECTORAL TIMELINE

Post 1 - The 2000 Election

Election Night - November 7, 2000 - CBS News with Dan Rather

6:00 PM Election Update

"Hello, and welcome to the CBS News 2000 election night coverage with your CBS Evening News host, Dan Rather. I'm here tonight in front of America to announce, discuss, and analyze the results of the 2000 elections, of course with the help of my trusty panel of political pundits and experts. We here at CBS are very excited to provide you with an in-depth analysis of the 2000 elections, and with that, let's go to the first poll closings."

"It's 6:00 PM here at CBS News, and we feel ready to call two states in the first batch of poll closings for the presidential race. At this time, we feel we can safely predict that Governor George W. Bush of Texas will win the election in the states of Indiana and Kentucky."

"Victories in Indiana and Kentucky give Governor Bush a 20-0 advantage in the electoral college over his opponent, Vice President Al Gore. Remember, in order to win the election, a candidate must win at least 270 of the 538 electoral votes allocated to each of the states and the District of Columbia."

8:00 PM Election Update

"Hello, and welcome back to the CBS News 2000 election night coverage with your host, Dan Rather. At this time, a number of new election results are just coming in from around the nation. Before we move to our calls for those states, let's look at the current electoral map for the presidential election."

"At this time, we have a total of 68 electoral votes for Governor Bush of Texas, compared to an electoral vote tally of 28 for Vice President Gore. 270 electoral votes are needed to win the election. Now that we've seen which states have already been called, let's go on to the 8:00 poll closings."

"According to our most recent reports, the states of Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas, Governor Bush's home state, can all be called as safe for Governor Bush. Meanwhile, we can call the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Jersey for Vice President Gore, as well as the District of Columbia and its three electoral votes. These new poll closings give Governor Bush a total of 121 electoral votes, compared to 119 for Gore. Remember, the magic number for winning the electoral college, and hence the presidency itself, is 270 electoral votes."

9:00 PM Election Update

"Hello, I'm Dan Rather, and welcome back to the CBS News election night coverage for the 2000 election. It's 9:00 PM, and more poll results are about to be tallied and released to the media. At this time, our current map for the presidential election between Republican Governor George W. Bush of Texas and Democratic Vice President Al Gore of Tennessee is as follows:"

"For the first time tonight, Vice President Gore is leading in the electoral vote tally, with 145 electoral votes to Governor Bush's 130. Now that we know what the current map is like, let's move on to the new poll closings."

"At this time, 9:00 PM on election night, we can call the states of Louisiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming for Governor Bush. We can also call the states of New York and Rhode Island as safe for Vice President Bush. That brings the electoral tally to 182 electoral votes for Gore, compared to 153 for Bush. We're also getting reports in that Governor Bush is closing in on Vice President Gore in the popular vote tally in the state of Florida, a state that we previously called for Vice President Gore. However, as of this hour, we are standing by our earlier prediction for Vice President Gore in this state."

9:54 PM Election Update

"Hello. Due to recent reports from the electoral database in the state of Florida that Vice President Al Gore's popular vote lead has diminished in this state, we now must retract our earlier call that the state has voted in favor of Vice President Gore. The state of Florida and its 25 electoral votes are undecided once more. We here at CBS News sincerely apologize for calling the state of Florida before a sufficient number of votes were counted, and assure our audience that no future mistakes will be made."

"Our electoral map now stands as follows, with 185 electoral votes for Governor Bush and 167 for Gore:"

10:00 PM Election Update

"Welcome back to the 2000 election night coverage with CBS News. I am your host, Dan Rather, and at this hour we have a number of calls for the presidential election that we would like to announce."

"At this hour, we can safely predict that the states of Idaho, Montana, and Utah will all go for Governor Bush in the electoral college. This increases Bush's lead to 197 electoral votes over 167 for Gore."

"For those of you who did not hear our earlier announcement regarding the electoral result in the state of Florida, our earlier prediction that Vice President Gore has won Florida has been recalled due to recent reports that the electoral margin in this state has tightened significantly."

11:00 PM Election Update

"At this hour, we can call the states of California and Hawaii for Vice President Gore. Gore's wins in California and Hawaii, as well as his win in the state of New Mexico that was called earlier this hour, gives Vice President Gore a slight lead of 230 electoral votes in the electoral college, over 217 electoral votes for Governor Bush. Note that the states of New Hampshire, Missouri, and West Virginia were called for Governor Bush earlier this hour."

2:04 AM Election Update

"Hello. It's Dan Rather here with CBS News for our 2000 election night coverage, in one of the closest election nights of our nation's history. At this time, we believe we can safely call the state of Iowa for Vice President Gore, a state that we were earlier tonight unable to call due to the close electoral margin within the state. At this time, Vice President Gore has a slight lead over Governor Bush in the electoral vote, holding 248 electoral votes to Bush's 246. Note that earlier this hour, we were able to call the state of Washington for Vice President Gore, as well as the states of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Nevada, and Colorado for Governor Bush."

2:17 AM Election Update

BREAKING NEWS: BUSH GAINS FLORIDA; WINS ELECTION
"Hello, it's Dan Rather of CBS News here, and we feel that we're ready to make a stunning call that will affect the path that our nation will take over the next four years. According to breaking reports from our electoral database in Florida, the people of the state of Florida have decided in favor of Governor George W. Bush of Texas, handing him enough electoral votes to win the presidency. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right, Governor George W. Bush has been elected the 43rd President of the United States. What amazing news!"

"With that decisive, I believe our election coverage for tonight is over. I'm Dan Rather of CBS News, and goodnight!"

*Note that the radical changes are yet to come - I would include them in this post, but the character count limit prevents me from doing so.*

**Feel free to comment!**
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »

Post 2 - The 2000 Election cont.

The Aftermath of Election Night - December 11, 2000 - CBS News with Dan Rather

6:30 PM Election Update

"Hello, and welcome back to CBS Evening News with your host, Dan Rather. Tonight, we'll be exploring the presumptive results of the 2000 United States Presidential Election, and determining what tomorrow's Supreme Court decision has in store for America. First, let's look at the current electoral map for the 2000 election:"

"As we can see, at this point in time, it appears that Vice President Al Gore leads Governor George W. Bush in the electoral college, with 267 electoral votes for Gore compared to 246 for Bush. If you look in the bottom right-hand corner of our electoral map, we can see that the state of Florida remains uncalled, with CBS News having retracted its previous calls for the state made on election night. One should note that as no candidate has reached the 270 electoral votes necessary for election to the presidency and Florida has enough electoral votes to give either candidate the necessary number of votes, the final outcome of the 2000 election relies solely on the outcome of the popular vote in the state of Florida."

"For those of you who are uninformed on the recent updates in the 2000 presidential race, the United States Supreme Court is currently reviewing a decision made earlier by the Florida Supreme Court mandating vote recounts in multiple counties that could give the election to either candidate. While Governor Bush currently maintains an extremely slight lead in the Florida vote according to those tallying the results, a recount could easily switch the outcome of the election in favor of Vice President Gore. Due to the stakes at hand, Governor Bush has filed the court case Bush v. Gore that will challenge the constitutionality of the vote recount - this case is the one currently being decided by the nine justices making up our nation's highest court of law. As the decision made by the Supreme Court is presumably going to be released tomorrow at noon, all we can do at this point is wait. Thank you for watching, I'm Dan Rather of CBS Evening News. We'll be right back with more information."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:46:22 PM »

Post 3 - The 2000 Election cont.

The Aftermath of Election Night - December 12, 2000 - CBS News with Dan Rather

12:00 PM Election Update

BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT DECIDES IN FAVOR OF CONTINUING RECOUNTS

"Hello, I'm Dan Rather of CBS News, and I've been invited here at this hour to make a stunning announcement regarding the results of the 2000 United States Presidential Election. The United States Supreme Court has just announced its decision regarding the constitutionality of the vote recounts currently proceeding in the state of Florida in order to determine whether Vice President Al Gore of Tennessee or Governor George W. Bush of Texas has won the presidency. In an unexpected 6-3 decision, the Court has decided to maintain the recounts, a move that many political pundits and analysts say will hand Vice President Gore the election. Associate Justices John Paul Stevens, David Souter, Sandra Day O'Connor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, and Anthony Kennedy have voted in favor of maintaining the recounts, with Chief Justice William Rehnquist, along with Associate Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, dissenting. However, the results are far from final as of now, and either candidate still has the potential to win. Please stay with us over the next few hours so we can relay breaking information regarding the court decision and 2000 election over to you as soon as possible. Thank you, I'm Dan Rather of CBS News."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »

This will be interesting! Keep up the awesome work!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »

Post 4 - The 2000 Election cont.

Results of the 2000 United States Presidential Election - December 17, 2000 - CBS News with Dan Rather

5:30 PM Election Update

BREAKING NEWS: GORE WINS FLORIDA ELECTION BY 23 VOTES; WILL BECOME NEXT PRESIDENT

"We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news regarding the results of the 2000 United States Presidential Election. According to early reports released at 5:27 PM this evening by the office of the Florida Secretary of State, Democratic Vice President Al Gore of Tennessee has won the presidential election in the state of Florida by a margin of merely 23 votes. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - if the early results hold to be accurate, Vice President Gore will have won the election in Florida by only 23 votes. According to the results this evening, which may, of course, be subject to change as the processes used to conduct the electoral recount are reviewed, Vice President Gore received a total of 2,912,535 votes, compared to 2,912,512 for Governor George W. Bush of Florida. The recount in the Florida election followed a heated United States Supreme Court case in which the court, as the result of a 6-3 decision, decided to persist in the recounts despite attempts from Bush campaign supporters to stop the recount and assure Bush's victory. For those of you who don't know, Gore's victory in Florida, if uncontested, will essentially hand him the presidency, as Gore will be given all of Florida's 25 electoral votes and hence enough votes to win the majority of the Electoral College, which has elected the president every four years ever since George Washington. Please stay tuned for more on the extremely close results of the 2000 presidential election and the apparent victory of Vice President Gore. I'm Dan Rather; this is CBS News."

5:57 PM Election Update

"Hello, I'm Dan Rather of CBS News, and welcome back to a report on the breaking results of the 2000 United States presidential election. According to unofficial reports of a press release issued by the Bush campaign team, Governor George W. Bush of Texas has called Vice President Al Gore to concede the election and announce that he will not contest the extremely close results of the Florida recount. Due to Bush's decision not to contest the results of the recount, the presidency is essentially in Vice President Gore's hands, as the Electoral College will meet officially to elect the president tomorrow and the office of Florida's Secretary of State has not, as of now, changed its report that Vice President Gore has won the election in Florida by a mere 23 votes. As of this point in time, CBS News can officially announce that Democratic Vice President Al Gore of Tennessee will be the next President of the United States. After the break, we'll be airing Al Gore's upcoming victory speech, as well as the concession speech currently being planned by Governor Bush, according to the press release received by the media. I'm Dan Rather, this is CBS News."
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:26:51 PM »

Fantastic update! The events went IRL until Dec. 12 when the Florida Supreme Court continued recounts which hands Gore the Presidency. Will there be an Iraq War, GFC or 9/11 like in OTL. Can't wait to see how the Presidency of Al Gore goes.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »

Post 5 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 1

President-Elect Al Gore's Victory Speech - December 17, 2000

"Thank you very much. Good evening my fellow Americans, I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you tonight.

Our country has been through a long and trying period, with the outcome of the presidential election not finalized for longer than any of us could have ever imagined.

Governor Bush and I put our hearts and hopes into our campaigns; we both gave it our all. We shared similar emotions.

I understand how difficult this moment must be for Governor Bush and his family. He has a distinguished record of service to our country as a governor, and for this I respect him greatly.

This evening I received a gracious call from Governor Bush. We agreed to meet early next week in Washington and we agreed to do our best to heal our country after this hard fought contest.

Tonight, I want to thank all the volunteers and campaign workers who worked so hard on my behalf, I also salute Governor Bush and his supporters for waging a spirited campaign and I thank him for a call that I know was difficult to make.

Tipper and I wish Governor Bush and Senator Cheney and their families the very best. I have a lot to be thankful for tonight. I am thankful for America and thankful that we are able to resolve our electoral differences in a peaceful way.

And I am thankful to the American people for the great privilege of being able to serve as your next president.

I am proud to have Joe Lieberman by my side, and America will be proud to have him as our next vice president. I'm optimistic that we can change the tone in Washington DC. I believe things happen for a reason, and I hope the long wait of the last five weeks will heighten a desire to move beyond the bitterness and partisanship of the recent past.

Our nation must rise above a house divided. Americans share hopes and goals and values far more important than any political disagreements. Democrats want the best for our nation. And so do Republicans. Our votes may differ, but not our hopes.

I know America wants reconciliation and unity. I know Americans want progress. And we must seize this moment and deliver.

Together, guided by a spirit of common sense, common courtesy and common goals, we can unite and inspire the American citizens.

Together, we will work to make all our public schools excellent, teaching every student of every background and every accent, so that all children will have the opportunity and ability to succeed in life. Together, we will save social security and renew its promise of a secure retirement for generations to come.

Together, we will strengthen Medicare and offer prescription drug coverage to all of our seniors. Together, we will give Americans the broad, fair and fiscally responsible tax reform they deserve.

Together, we'll have a bipartisan foreign policy true to our values and true to our friends. And we will have a military equal to every challenge, and superior to every adversary.

Together, we will pass comprehensive, bipartisan legislation to combat climate change and assure that our world will be safe, clean, and protected for all of our children and grandchildren.

Together, we will address some of society's deepest problems one person at a time, by encouraging and empowering the good hearts and good works of the American people.

This is the essence of compassionate leadership, and it will be a foundation of my administration. These priorities are not merely Democratic concerns or Republican concerns, these are American responsibilities.

During the fall campaign, we differed about details of these proposals - but there was remarkable consensus about the important issues before us: excellent schools, retirement and health security, tax reform, a strong military, a more well-protected environment, a more civil society.

We've discussed our differences; now it is time to find common ground and build consensus to make America a beacon of opportunity in the 21st century.

I'm optimistic this can happen. Our future demands it, and our history proves it. Two hundred years ago, in the election of 1800, America faced another close presidential election. A tie in the electoral college put the outcome into the hands of Congress.

After six days of voting, and 36 ballots, the house of representatives elected Thomas Jefferson the third president of the United States. That election brought the first transfer of power from one party to another in our new democracy.

Shortly after the election, Jefferson, in a letter titled reconciliation and reform, wrote this: "the steady character of our countrymen is a rock to which we may safely moor ... unequivocal in principle, reasonable in manner, we shall be able I hope to do a great deal of good to the cause of freedom and harmony."

Two hundred years have only strengthened the steady character of America. And so as we begin the work of healing our nation, tonight I call upon that character. Respect for each other. Respect for our differences. Generosity of spirit. And a willingness to work hard and work together to solve any problem.

I have something else to ask of you, I ask every American. I ask for you to pray for this great nation. I ask your prayers for leaders from both parties.

I thank you for your prayers for me and my family, and I ask you to pray for Governor Bush and his family. I have faith that with God's help we as a nation will move forward together, as one nation, indivisible. And together we will create an America that is open, so every citizen has access to the American dream.

An America that is educated, so every child has the keys to realize that dream. And an America that is united in our diversity and our shared American values that are larger than race or party.

I was not elected to serve one party, but to serve one nation. The president of the United States is the president of every single American, of every race and every background. Whether you voted for me or not, I will do my best to serve your interests, and I will work to earn your respect.

I will be guided by president Jefferson's sense of purpose: to stand for principle, to be reasonable in manner, and, above all, to do great good for the cause of freedom and harmony.

The presidency is more than an honor, it is more than an office. It is a charge to keep, and I will give it my all. Thank you very much, and God bless America."

Sources (includes next post):

-http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/dec/14/uselections2000.usa13

-http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/dec/14/uselections2000.usa14

Notes:

Thanks to everyone who has read or supported this timeline! Cheesy Please vote and feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »

Post 6 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 2

Governor George W. Bush's Concession Speech - December 17, 2000

"Good evening. Just moments ago, I spoke with Al Gore and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States, and I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time.
I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we just passed.

Almost a century and a half ago, senator Stephen Douglas told Abraham Lincoln, who had just defeated him for the presidency, "Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr president, and God bless you."

Well, in that same spirit, I say to president-elect Gore that what remains of partisan rancor must now be put aside, and may God bless his stewardship of this country.

Neither he nor I anticipated this long and difficult road. Certainly neither of us wanted it to happen. Yet it came, and now it has ended, resolved, as it must be resolved, through the honored institutions of our democracy.

Over the library of one of our great law schools is inscribed the motto, "Not under man but under God and law".

That's the ruling principle of American freedom, the source of our democratic liberties. I've tried to make it my guide throughout this contest as it has guided America's deliberations of all the complex issues of the past five weeks.

Now the US supreme court has spoken. Let there be no doubt, while I strongly disagree with the court's decision, I accept it.

I accept the finality of this outcome which will be ratified tomorrow in the electoral college. And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession.

I also accept my responsibility, which I will discharge unconditionally, to honor the new president-elect and do everything possible to help him bring Americans together in fulfillment of the great vision that our Declaration of Independence defines and that our constitution affirms and defends.

Let me say how grateful I am to all those who supported me and supported the cause for which we have fought. Laura and I feel a deep gratitude to Dick and Lynne Cheney who brought passion and high purpose to our partnership and opened new doors, not just for our campaign but for our country.

This has been an extraordinary election. But in one of God's unforeseen paths, this belatedly broken impasse can point us all to a new common ground, for its very closeness can serve to remind us that we are one people with a shared history and a shared destiny.

Indeed, that history gives us many examples of contests as hotly debated, as fiercely fought, with their own challenges to the popular will.

Other disputes have dragged on for weeks before reaching resolution. And each time, both the victor and the vanquished have accepted the result peacefully and in the spirit of reconciliation. So let it be with us.

I know that many of my supporters are disappointed. I am too. But our disappointment must be overcome by our love of country.

And I say to our fellow members of the world community, let no one see this contest as a sign of American weakness. The strength of American democracy is shown most clearly through the difficulties it can overcome.

Some have expressed concern that the unusual nature of this election might hamper the next president in the conduct of his office. I do not believe it need be so.

President-elect Gore inherits a nation whose citizens will be ready to assist him in the conduct of his large responsibilities.

I personally will be at his disposal, and I call on all Americans - I particularly urge all who stood with us to unite behind our next president. This is America. Just as we fight hard when the stakes are high, we close ranks and come together when the contest is done.

And while there will be time enough to debate our continuing differences, now is the time to recognize that that which unites us is greater than that which divides us.

While we yet hold and do not yield our opposing beliefs, there is a higher duty than the one we owe to political party. This is America and we put country before party. We will stand together behind our new president.

As for what I'll do next, I don't know the answer to that one yet. Like many of you, I'm looking forward to spending the holidays with family and old friends. I know I'll spend time in Texas and mend some fences, literally and figuratively.

Some have asked whether I have any regrets and I do have one regret: that I didn't get the chance to stay and fight for the American people over the next four years, especially for those who need burdens lifted and barriers removed, especially for those who feel their voices have not been heard. I heard you and I will not forget.

I've seen America in this campaign and I like what I see. It's worth fighting for and that's a fight I'll never stop.

As for the battle that ends tonight, I do believe as my father once said, that no matter how hard the loss, defeat might serve as well as victory to shape the soul and let the glory out.

So for me this campaign ends as it began: with the love of Laura and our family; with faith in God and in the country I have been so proud to serve, from Vietnam to the vice presidency; and with gratitude to our truly tireless campaign staff and volunteers, including all those who worked so hard in Florida for the last days.

Now the political struggle is over and we turn again to the unending struggle for the common good of all Americans and for those multitudes around the world who look to us for leadership in the cause of freedom.

In the words of our great hymn, "America, America, let us crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea."

And now, my friends, in a phrase I once addressed to others, it's time for me to go. Thank you and good night, and God bless America."

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »

Post 7 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 3

The Inauguration of President Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. - January 20, 2001

The Administration of President Al Gore

* President - Al Gore
* Vice President - Joe Lieberman
* First Lady - Tipper Gore
* White House Chief of Staff - Jesse Jackson, Jr.
* Ambassador to the United Nations - Richard Holbrooke
* Administrator of the EPA - Carol Browner
* Secretary of State - John Kerry
* Secretary of the Treasury - Patty Murray
* Secretary of Defense - Wesley Clark
* Attorney General - Charles Burson
* Secretary of the Interior - Cecil Andrus
* Secretary of Agriculture - Heidi Heitkamp
* Secretary of Commerce - Jack Lew
* Secretary of Labor - Bernie Sanders
* Secretary of Health and Human Services - Ted Kennedy
* Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - Paul Schell
* Secretary of Transportation - Douglas Wilder
* Secretary of Energy - Bill Richardson
* Secretary of Education - Jim Hunt
* Secretary of Veterans Affairs - Bob Kerrey
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »

Gore took both of Massachusetts' senators
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 04:23:41 PM »

How does Sanders get confirmed?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »

Gore took both of Massachusetts' senators

Governor Paul Cellucci appoints Jane Swift to Kennedy's seat and Mitt Romney to Kerry's, though both of these appointees are defeated in relatively close special elections by Democratic congressmen Ed Markey (defeats Swift) and Barney Frank (defeats Romney).

Sanders contracts HIV after reusing an infected heroin needle. The Senate, uninformed of how Sanders contracted the disease though informed of his diagnosis, confirms him both out of sympathy and the assumption that he will soon have to leave office due to complications from the disease.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »

Sanders contracts HIV after reusing an infected heroin needle. The Senate, uninformed of how Sanders contracted the disease though informed of his diagnosis, confirms him both out of sympathy and the assumption that he will soon have to leave office due to complications from the disease.

I hate people criticizing timelines for being unrealistic as much as the next guy, but this is just stupid.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 10:23:33 PM »

I hate people criticizing timelines for being unrealistic as much as the next guy, but this is just stupid.

Or maybe it's just that Bernie Sanders is really good at hiding things...

After all, have you ever met a socialist from Vermont who doesn't do drugs?
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »

Have you?

For you to imply that Bernie Sanders or any socialist from Vermont does drugs is an insult to the people of Vermont. If I were you, I would apologize to the readers and retcon this.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:19 AM »

Have you?

For you to imply that Bernie Sanders or any socialist from Vermont does drugs is an insult to the people of Vermont. If I were you, I would apologize to the readers and retcon this.

For you to imply that Bernie Sanders doesn't do drugs is an insult to heroin consumers worldwide. How dare you assume that not even one American elected official is among the great opiate-consuming heroes of this world?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:37 PM »

I always wondered how a Gore presidency would look like.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »

Post 8 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 4

The Early Presidency of Al Gore - January to August 2001

- January 23, 2001 - An poll conducted January 20-23 by Gallup, Inc. indicates that President Al Gore's initial approval rating is approximately 65%, around average for an incoming President for the immediate days following the presidential inauguration. However, many analysts hypothesize that Gore's initial approval rating would have been noticeably higher had the post-election proceedings and rulings been not as controversial.

- April 23, 2001 - One day after returning from the Summit of the Americas in Quebec, President Gore signs into law the Environmental Protection and Restoration Act of 2001 (EPRA), a bill that strengthens environmental regulation by giving more powers to the Environmental Protection Agency, putting stricter limits on corporate emissions of various environmental pollutants, and increasing penalties for large-scale corporate violations of EPA restrictions. The bill also establishes the Climate Concern Commission, a public awareness organization that operates nationwide in order to educate the general public on matters regarding climate change. The EPRA, at 314, 902 words, is the longest bill in American history, and though it contains language deemed by many to be explicitly in support of the Democratic Party agenda, is passed by both chambers of Congress after a heavy campaign by the bill's supporters to convince both Congress and the general public that the bill is a bipartisan effort.

Globey the Globe, the official mascot of Our World Matters, the children's outreach program of the Climate Concern Commission.

- August 3, 2001 - President Gore meets with Jiang Zemin, the General Secretary of the Communist Party of China, at a summit in Beijing. The widely-publicized meeting between the two leaders is seen by many as a large stepping stone towards better relations between the two world's most powerful nations, and gives Gore a significant boost in popularity among American voters.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »

Please feel free to post any questions or comments! Smiley
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »

This is a dream come true. Tongue Interested to see how this goes.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 01:30:22 PM »

Does Jesse Jackson, Jr. still end up getting hauled away to prison in typical Illinois fashion?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »

Does Jesse Jackson, Jr. still end up getting hauled away to prison in typical Illinois fashion?

No, the Gore Administration (like any other presidential administration) is good at covering those kinds of things up.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 08:43:30 PM »

Post 9 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 5

Disaster Strikes - September 11, 2001 - A Timeline of Events

7:59 AM - American Airlines Flight 11, a Boeing 767 passenger airplane, takes off from Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts on its way to Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California. A total of 81 passengers and 11 crew members are on board.

8:14 AM - Flight 11 is hijacked as hijackers Waleed al-Shehri and Wail al-Shehri rise from their seats and stab two flight attendants. Mohammad Atta, another hijacker, rises from his seat a few moments later and takes command of the plane's controls.

8:14 AM - United Airlines Flight 175, another Boeing 767, takes off from Logan International Airport on its way to Los Angeles with a total of 56 passengers and 9 crew members.

8:20 AM - American Airlines Flight 77, a Boeing 757 on its way from Washing Dulles International Airport to Los Angeles, departs with 58 passengers and 6 crew members.

8:26 AM - Flight 11, under the control of hijacker Mohammad Atta, makes a 100-degree turn to the south, now heading directly toward New York City.

8:42 AM - United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 passenger airplane, departs from Newark International Airport on its way to San Francisco. It holds a total of 37 passengers and 7 crew members.

8:44 AM - Thirty minutes after its takeoff, five hijackers aboard Flight 175 take control of the airplane by force.

8:46 AM - Flight 11, having been hijacked only thirty minutes ago, crashes at approximately 466 miles per hour into the North Tower of the World Trade Center, killing hundreds of people instantly and trapping hundreds more within the tower.

8:52 AM - Flight 77, having departed only thirty minutes ago, is hijacked by five passengers.

8:54 AM - Flight 77's flight path is redirected by the hijackers, turning south over the state of Ohio.

8:58 AM - Flight 175 turns toward New York City, deviating from its original flight path.

9:03 AM - Flight 175 crashes at 590 miles per hour into the South Tower of the World Trade Center, causing the instantaneous deaths of hundreds more American citizens.

9:28 AM - Hijackers storm the cockpit of Flight 93, taking over the plane's controls.

9:35 AM - Flight 93, under the control of hijackers, turns east over Ohio.

9:37 AM - Flight 77 crashes into the Pentagon at 530 miles per hour, leading to the deaths of all 64 passengers aboard the plane, as well as 125 Pentagon employees.

9:58 AM - The South Tower of the World Trade Center collapses after having been struck by Flight 175.

10:03 AM - Flight 93 crashes into a field southeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 583 miles per hour due to a struggle between hijackers and passengers ensues in the cockpit.

10:28 AM - The North Tower of the World Trade Center collapses after being struck by Flight 11.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2015, 12:45:51 AM »

A 9/11 occurs as IRL with the same events. Gore acting on climate change with the EPRA bill signed.

How will President Gore handle the events of post-9/11?!? Will there be a War on Terror and will he send troops to Iraq?!?

This is an interesting timeline.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 07:38:07 AM »

Post 10 - The Presidency of Al Gore - Part 6

A Day That Will Go Down in History - September 11, 2001

President Gore, uninformed of the days' events, cheerfully discusses new affirmative action reform with Secretary of Health and Human Services Ted Kennedy and Boston mayor Tom Menino.

President Gore: Well of course, Tom, that's the whole point of the reform!

Mayor Menino: I know, Al, but if we do eventually put the whole damned thing into place, it will create a sizeable dent in my city's budget. I'm up for reelection in less than two months; I doubt Boston will be that happy with me if I implement a tax increase of that size so soon.

Secretary Kennedy: Cut me a break, Tom. You know you're up by fifty points in the polls; you really think a Republican can win the race under these conditions?

Menino: I don't want to take the risk.

Gore: Fine, Menino. Fine. We'll try to work some sort of subsidy into the federal budget, but I'll have you know that you're the first mayor we've talked to that hasn't supported it outright. We talked with Hahn in Los Angeles just last week, he didn't give us any of the sh**t you are.

Kennedy: Oh, for God's sake, Gore! We can't afford another subsidy in the federal budget!

Gore: Nor can we afford allowing African Americans to continue to live in these conditions, Ted.

Kennedy: Al, you have to understand that...

Gore: Kennedy, you listen to me, or...

Kennedy: Fine.

Menino: Good.

Gore: No, it's not good, Menino. This is the last time I'll give your city a subsidy like this; don't think I forgot about what we had to do for you with the EPRA.

Menino: But...

Secret Security Agent: Uhh, Mr. President? I need a word with you.

Gore: Not now, Smythies. I'm in the middle of something.

Agent: President Gore, this is serious.

Gore: It can wait.

Agent: No, President Gore! It can't wait! A plane has just crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center!

Gore: Smythies, you can't be serious.

Agent: I am.

Gore: I don't believe this. Menino, turn on the news.

Menino: Alright, Mr. President. Let me just find the remote...

Gore: Now turn to Channel 5...

Kennedy: Oh, God! It's true! There's the spot where the plane must have crashed; I can see it!

Gore: sh**t. F**king sh**t.

Menino: Oh, lord. Is that another plane?

Kennedy: And there goes the second tower...

Gore: You've got to be kidding me. You've got to be f**king kidding me.

Agent: This isn't a joke, President Gore. Two planes have just crashed into each of the towers of the World Trade Center. Mr. President, our nation is under attack.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies