Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia  (Read 5352 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »

An end-of-school celebration at the community pool of a subdivision in the Dallas suburbs ended in police drawing guns on swimsuit-clad high schoolers on Saturday.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A Twitter post from an alleged witness stated that, "a fight broke out between adults and youths at the pool after the adults made racist comments telling the black children to leave the area and return to “Section 8 [public] housing."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Stone noted that she was the only white person placed in handcuffs, while another white witness said the police, "didn't even look at me."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:42:34 PM »

Ugh. Glad they suspended him at least. Unlike the case with the garbageman (where I'm skeptical they even knew or cared what race he was) here it seems pretty clear that racism on the neighbors' part is the problem.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »

Body cams........it's time.  

Our suburban cops are very chill, not at all like this.......all they do is break up drinking parties mostly.

This community looks very, very similar to the one I live in, so this was pretty disturbing.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:17:28 PM »

Reaching for a story. We've progressed from deaths, including cold-blooded shootings, to complaints that police exhibit mild racial profiling when responding to a report that racial minorities were trashing a TPC in one of America's most affluent and desirable suburbs. Report was probably given by a westside cake-eater who has never bothered to go to the east side.

I currently live on the eastside of McKinney. The vandalism, drug dealing, and general loitering around gets old fast. It's extra contentious because the westsiders send their kids to high school on the east side. The eastsiders know the risks of living close to the ghetto, but they like Historic McKinney. The west-side of McKinney, on the other hand, has zero tolerance for east-side bs.

To be clear, the eastside of McKinney is still quite nice and safe, but certain things that happen over here would get skulls cracked on the westside. When 6 Hispanic kids post up under a street light, and scout for drug dealers and disturb locals until 2am, it would never fly on the westside. When Section 8 eastsiders crash church socials and vandalize public spaces in the historic district, it would never fly on the westside.

These kids learned an important lesson about the differing culture between localities. The east side is permissive because it's their home, too. The west side is not amused. If the cop must be suspended for drawing his weapon, so be it, but I don't blame the westside for losing their cool.

Christ, why don't you just say "KNOW YOUR PLACE, BOY"
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »

Reaching for a story. We've progressed from deaths, including cold-blooded shootings, to complaints that police exhibit mild racial profiling when responding to a report that racial minorities were trashing a TPC in one of America's most affluent and desirable suburbs. Report was probably given by a westside cake-eater who has never bothered to go to the east side.

I currently live on the eastside of McKinney. The vandalism, drug dealing, and general loitering around gets old fast. It's extra contentious because the westsiders send their kids to high school on the east side. The eastsiders know the risks of living close to the ghetto, but they like Historic McKinney. The west-side of McKinney, on the other hand, has zero tolerance for east-side bs.

To be clear, the eastside of McKinney is still quite nice and safe, but certain things that happen over here would get skulls cracked on the westside. When 6 Hispanic kids post up under a street light, and scout for drug dealers and disturb locals until 2am, it would never fly on the westside. When Section 8 eastsiders crash church socials and vandalize public spaces in the historic district, it would never fly on the westside.

These kids learned an important lesson about the differing culture between localities. The east side is permissive because it's their home, too. The west side is not amused. If the cop must be suspended for drawing his weapon, so be it, but I don't blame the westside for losing their cool.

And according to Del Tachi, these folks like AggregateDemand will soon be solid Democratic voters. Tongue
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2015, 05:12:47 PM by CountryClassSF »

I'm not sure what the problem is.

Someone called them because they were disturbing the people in the neighborhood, NOT because they were black!

The woman LOOKS like she was resisting arrest.

Any white person who was disturbing the peace would be equally problematic Why does everything hav to be about race
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »

Clashing socioeconomic cultures is a theme nearly as old as literature. Did you not read in school?

The people who poutrage are always from all-white places, particularly the Northeast where people are so white that they discuss what type of white person they are, and what it means to be that kind of white person, and then they throw white people parades and parties to celebrate their unique whiteness. That's disgusting, but you probably don't care.

You want to know what's not disgusting? People of all different races and incomes living together in relative peacefulness on my side of town. You've never heard any racial news about McKinney until now, and it only happened because a mob of Section 8 kids bombed the pool at a TPC country club, and a cop pulled his gun.

McKinney is a case study in racial integration for uppity Yankees.

Yeah you're right, only New Englanders get mad at racial issues. I've certainly never heard of black people saying that suburban Texas is a racist hellhole. Not one.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »

Clashing socioeconomic cultures is a theme nearly as old as literature. Did you not read in school?

The people who poutrage are always from all-white places, particularly the Northeast where people are so white that they discuss what type of white person they are, and what it means to be that kind of white person, and then they throw white people parades and parties to celebrate their unique whiteness. That's disgusting, but you probably don't care.

You want to know what's not disgusting? People of all different races and incomes living together in relative peacefulness on my side of town. You've never heard any racial news about McKinney until now, and it only happened because a mob of Section 8 kids bombed the pool at a TPC country club, and a cop pulled his gun.

McKinney is a case study in racial integration for uppity Yankees.

You equate being black with living in HUD housing. You are part of the problem just as much as those racist HPs who called the cops.

And please get down off your high horse. You live in flipping McKinney. You think being within driving distance of a TPC golf course makes you hot sh[inks]? Great, you can afford a $500K cookie cutter house in an outer ring suburb. Please continue to rant and rave about "those people" invading your space while the people in the Park Cities and Preston Hollow chuckle over cocktails at how much more you and the other good little conservative foot soldiers in the collar counties have voted to cut their capital gains taxes.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »

Investigators have stumbled upon what appears to be the officer in question's YouTube account. The account has the same username as the officer's, Cpl. Eric Casebolt, now-deleted Twitter page.

The account has no uploads, but it has a playlist named "police training" which features numerous videos of officers being attacked by black assailants, as well as a video titled "Chief tells the TRUTH black people don't want to hear"

So yeah, this guy seems like a real piece of s**t who very clearly has extreme racial biases.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2015, 06:49:26 PM by CountryClassSF »

Per Fox 4 News, residents of McKinney, TX are thanking their local police department for keeping the pool safe. Good on them!

https://twitter.com/zahidarabfox4/status/607672344618758144

https://twitter.com/maryforbes14/status/607663786821066752 - a local resident's observations

There are two sides to every story.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »

Per Fox 4 News, residents of McKinney, TX are thanking their local police department for keeping the pool safe. Good on them!

https://twitter.com/maryforbes14/status/607663786821066752 - a local resident's observations

white texan suburbans can be just as racist as their police departments; more news at 11
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 07:07:36 PM »

I say this from experience: white Texan suburbanites are the scum of the Earth and need to be rounded up and put in camps.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »

I say this from experience: white Texan suburbanites are the scum of the Earth and need to be rounded up and put in camps.

I trust that you are not actually advocating for genocide?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »

Never said he'd have them killed.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »

What is the rationale for pointing a loaded gun at a 14 year-old girl in a bikini? How could she possibly be posing that much of a threat? Don't tell me she could have been armed - where would she be keeping a weapon? In her @#$%&?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »

It's not all about race, comrade Lief! Rather, all Texan suburbanites are scum!

Even if these "invading" teenagers were in the wrong, does it justify the force used against them?

Wait, why am I asking a sock troll who will just say yes? I should know better.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 08:51:09 PM »

You equate being black with living in HUD housing. You are part of the problem just as much as those racist HPs who called the cops.

And please get down off your high horse. You live in flipping McKinney. You think being within driving distance of a TPC golf course makes you hot sh[inks]? Great, you can afford a $500K cookie cutter house in an outer ring suburb. Please continue to rant and rave about "those people" invading your space while the people in the Park Cities and Preston Hollow chuckle over cocktails at how much more you and the other good little conservative foot soldiers in the collar counties have voted to cut their capital gains taxes.

Type "Section 8 Housing McKinney" into Google. Look at the location of the Section 8 housing authority. I don't make assumptions. It's a few blocks from my house, and they aren't invading my space. The other way around. Investors are gentrifying their area. 

I don't live in a $500K cookie cutter or go to a wealthy club because I can't afford either, and there are none on this side of town. Its a bunch of historic luxury homes and old servant quarters everywhere. It's diverse. All ages and colors. Millionaires and average middle class families. Lots of people buying distressed properties, including me.

I'm not on my high horse because I'm rich, and I don't live near Craig Ranch. I'm on my high horse because we don't have race problems, the community is diverse, and the worst problem we have is a cop pulling his gun when he shouldn't have. No one died. No one was hurt. Probably no one will be charged. No race riots. No civil rights pontification. Some east side kids learned that everything is not public property, though the message could have been delivered with gun holstered.

Gawker is trying to stir the pot because they think Texas works like a Northeastern urban sh*thole. You should know better, but you seem more confused than Gawker.

Unlike Dallas, Houston did not follow the rigid segregation of other Southern cities. Dallas prefers to pack all its black and brown people in South Dallas and increasingly in the suburbs between Dallas and Fort Worth. Houston does not do that. We have multimillion dollar houses a few blocks away from mostly non-white apartment complexes; we have white suburbanites living on the same street as Vietnamese immigrants; et cetera. If we see black people at the community pool, our first response certainly isn't to call the police, and if the police did come, HPD/HCSD certainly would not behave the way these cops did. (Probably because our police force actually looks like the city as a whole and isn't just a bunch of trigger-happy bitter white men with inferiority complexes.)
CountryClassSF

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »

Even if these "invading" teenagers were in the wrong, does it justify the force used against them?

There was no force used against them.  The THREAT of force was likely too much, but we don't know the whole story.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »

There was no force used against them.  The THREAT of force was likely too much, but we don't know the whole story.

What details could POSSIBLY come out that makes it okay to point a gun at a teenage girl?

EDIT: Wait, why I am I even arguing. People who defend police when it comes to stuff like this will literally take any excuse no matter how small to blame the victim.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »

Disgusting cop on a power trip, with no respect, terrorizing teenagers, abuses a crying teen girl, pulls a gun. People like this shouldn't have made it onto "the force" to begin with.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 10:27:22 PM »

Texas is a s**thole
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »

Unlike Dallas, Houston did not follow the rigid segregation of other Southern cities. Dallas prefers to pack all its black and brown people in South Dallas and increasingly in the suburbs between Dallas and Fort Worth. Houston does not do that. We have multimillion dollar houses a few blocks away from mostly non-white apartment complexes; we have white suburbanites living on the same street as Vietnamese immigrants; et cetera. If we see black people at the community pool, our first response certainly isn't to call the police, and if the police did come, HPD/HCSD certainly would not behave the way these cops did. (Probably because our police force actually looks like the city as a whole and isn't just a bunch of trigger-happy bitter white men with inferiority complexes.)

If that's how Houston works, you shouldn't have any trouble understanding east McKinney. Craig Ranch isn't a community pool. It's private property. These kids pulled a Caddy Shack at one of the nicest clubs/courses in North Texas.

The officer's decision to pull his gun was probably not warranted, but alleging racism is full-Gawker. It's filthy rich people reacting to trespass by indignant poor people. It's never going to end well, no matter what races are involved.

Actually, yes, it is a community pool - it is for the use of people who live in the neighborhood (and their guests) and is paid for by their HOA fees. This was not going on in someone's backyard. From what I've read, it sounds like someone who lives in Craig Ranch was having a party at the pool and invited a bunch of disproportionately black guests who do not live in that subdivision. This caused other residents who were at the pool to completely lose their $#!@ and somehow a fracas ensued.

Watch the video, AD. Those are single-story starter homes in the background. The people who live there are not "filthy rich." For one thing, "filthy rich" people do not use communal pools. They use their own backyard pools. And even if they were, being wealthy does not buy you the right to use taxpayer-funded police to ensure you never so much as have to lay eyes on a black person.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »

"White Texan" is not a distinct ethnicity.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 01:09:28 AM »

This is the same town where a group of high school cheerleaders manipulated and overpowered the administration (one of whom was the principal's daughter) so they could get away with breaking the rules and had a movie made about them: http://www.newsweek.com/scandal-cheerleaders-run-amok-texas-98257
aktheden
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »

You really are something else, aren't you?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies