Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:42:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Standing in the Poolhouse Door: Police Brutality in White Suburbia  (Read 5349 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »

I say this from experience: white Texan suburbanites are the scum of the Earth and need to be rounded up and put in camps.

You'll go first?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »

I'm not sure what the problem is.

Someone called them because they were disturbing the people in the neighborhood, NOT because they were black!

The woman LOOKS like she was resisting arrest.

Any white person who was disturbing the peace would be equally problematic Why does everything hav to be about race

We would have never heard about it if the people were white. It is obvious if the cop was black and the people were white, nobody would care.

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:20 AM »

Someone called them because they were disturbing the people in the neighborhood, NOT because they were black!

Any white person who was disturbing the peace would be equally problematic Why does everything hav to be about race

We would have never heard about it if the people were white. It is obvious if the cop was black and the people were white, nobody would care.

I would care.

#DisprovingGarbageStatementsOnePostAtATime
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »

If a black cop threw a white teenage girl onto the ground and pointed a gun in her face, conservatives would be up in arms.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »

If a black cop threw a white teenage girl onto the ground and pointed a gun in her face, conservatives would be up in arms.

No way. I'm as conservative as you get, and I'd defend the cop and say, "The girl was a piece of sh**t and deserved what she got."

I feel zero sympathy for people who act like garbage, regardless of color.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 06:30:55 PM »

Many on the left do not understand that the vast majority of conservatives completely see things from a color blind perspective. Society would be better off if the media would do the same.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »

Many on the left do not understand that the vast majority of conservatives completely see things from a color blind perspective. Society would be better off if the media would do the same.

I bet the whole argument would become criminals vs. cops not black vs. white. They obsess on race because they know the only way they can ever win an election is  by winning a narrow majority with minority voters. They lost mainstream America. The Clinton '96 voter would be a Rick Santorum voter today. They went too far.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »

Reports are saying that the officer in the McKinney incident has resigned.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »

Reports are saying that the officer in the McKinney incident has resigned.

And the chief of police has called the officer's actions "indefensible."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »

I feel zero sympathy for people who act like garbage, regardless of color.

Then why do you have sympathy for this ex-cop?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »

How can anyone defend this man's actions? As the girl was walking away (rather slowly but still), the cop decided to pick on her, tackle her to the ground, and put a knee on her back as she was crying for help. She did not "look" like she was resisting. There was no "threats" to the officer in this situation. A bunch of teenagers were just standing around. Shameful, this situation represents nearly everything wrong with some bad cops. The authoritarian mindset of some cops allow them to act like this in a response.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »

I say this from experience: white Texan suburbanites are the scum of the Earth and need to be rounded up and put in camps.

You'll go first?

I grew up in Austin, not some awful white supremacist suburb.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »

We had a string of deaths resulting from alleged police brutality around the country.

In McKinney, a few kids get mistreated by a cop, and suddenly the sky is falling. People are stupid and bored. No one in McKinney cares, not even on the east side. People are just going about their business without any animosity between the races.

Left-wing media fail.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2015, 02:58:20 AM »

We had a string of deaths resulting from alleged police brutality around the country.

In McKinney, a few kids get mistreated by a cop, and suddenly the sky is falling. People are stupid and bored. No one in McKinney cares, not even on the east side. People are just going about their business without any animosity between the races.

Left-wing media fail.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/06/08/the-mckinney-texas-pool-party-the-rest-of-the-story/

Police were called to the scene and attempted to get some of the trespassers to sit down while they investigated. Many of the teens fled and police chased some of them down. This is when the video of the incident with police began. There does not appear to be any video of the initial police contact with the teens.

One resident, Benet Embry, a black man, posted on Facebook about the events leading up to the police call. “Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all,” Embry wrote. “A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issues that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.”

In another post he is critical of media coverage of the incident. “I’ve never seen such irresponsible reporting and miss management of media resources in my life,” he said.

Another McKinney resident, Bryan Gestner, posted on Facebook, “This was a Twitter party that turned into a mob event. Jumping pool fence. Assaulting 2 security guards, attacking a mother with three little girls. The video doesn’t show everything.” He continued saying the kids were drinking and “smoking weed” and they would not listen to any of the adults around the pool.

“This isn’t about race,” he continued. “This is about outside kids invading our neighborhood and had no respect for authority or the residents here. I have a target on my back now and I have been threatened by these punks that they are gonna shoot up my house when all I did was try to control the mob and actually tended to the girl and the boy that had a bloody lip.”

“Yall don’t know the whole story,” Gestner continued. “I commend the officer for handling this situation.”

Gestner wrapped up his post alleging that these same kids came back into the neighborhood Saturday night. They were “kicking in people’s front door, stole a truck and crashed it into many vehicles. They vandalized dozens of cars and were stealing things.”

There ya go. Smoking weed, drinking, trespassing, assaulting, attacking. Nice ing kids.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2015, 03:28:14 AM »

You'll go first?

I grew up in Austin, not some awful white supremacist suburb.

Austin is pretty weird.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2015, 04:15:01 AM »

Naso's post is spectacular. He's not racist, he knows a black guy!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »

I do love the conservative view that if they can find ONE black guy who says it isn't race-related, then it isn't race-related. Ignore the voices of anyone who says otherwise.

Also there's a reason this article is running on some far-right fringe site and not the mainstream news. It's full of statements that sound like totally insanely made-up BS that you would only believe if you were just DESPERATELY searching for proof that cops are always justified.

Naso claims he has zero sympathy for people who act like thugs, regardless of color. This isn't true, as he'll always sympathize with the blues.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »

I bet the whole argument would become criminals vs. cops not black vs. white. They obsess on race because they know the only way they can ever win an election is  by winning a narrow majority with minority voters. They lost mainstream America. The Clinton '96 voter would be a Rick Santorum voter today. They went too far.

Mainstream = white. Minorities as a whole are just an fringe.

Naso there are plenty of openly racist posters on the site. There's no need to hide behind dog whistles and just hint at it. Come out of the racist closet.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »

Actually, yes, it is a community pool - it is for the use of people who live in the neighborhood (and their guests) and is paid for by their HOA fees. This was not going on in someone's backyard. From what I've read, it sounds like someone who lives in Craig Ranch was having a party at the pool and invited a bunch of disproportionately black guests who do not live in that subdivision. This caused other residents who were at the pool to completely lose their $#!@ and somehow a fracas ensued.
The pool requires card access.  Community residents may pay $10 for the card.  There is another card available for free, that does not entitle one to pool access.

Pool parties may be held at the pool, if guests are limited to 20 persons, and a security deposit (refundable) and cleanup fee (non-refundable).

A resident of Craig Ranch, who styles herself as a party organizer, organized a free party, hired a DJ, and "invited" via social media including an implication that the pool was available.  She handed out flyers to a future event that she was "organizing" and charging admission for.  After several hours "guests" began to jump the fence into the pool area.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 06:22:01 PM »

I would have believed you, if I were, literally, born yesterday. Or, may be, if I suffered from a severe brain trauma.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »

the vast majority of conservatives completely see things from a color blind perspective.

ftfy Curly
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 07:10:46 PM »

How can anyone defend this man's actions? As the girl was walking away (rather slowly but still), the cop decided to pick on her, tackle her to the ground, and put a knee on her back as she was crying for help. She did not "look" like she was resisting. There was no "threats" to the officer in this situation. A bunch of teenagers were just standing around. Shameful, this situation represents nearly everything wrong with some bad cops. The authoritarian mindset of some cops allow them to act like this in a response.

I agree, the power just goes to straight to the head of cops like this. There is absolutely no excuse for his actions and it's particularly frightening how he pulled a gun on these teenagers.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 07:44:04 PM »

Actually, yes, it is a community pool - it is for the use of people who live in the neighborhood (and their guests) and is paid for by their HOA fees. This was not going on in someone's backyard. From what I've read, it sounds like someone who lives in Craig Ranch was having a party at the pool and invited a bunch of disproportionately black guests who do not live in that subdivision. This caused other residents who were at the pool to completely lose their $#!@ and somehow a fracas ensued.
The pool requires card access.  Community residents may pay $10 for the card.  There is another card available for free, that does not entitle one to pool access.

Pool parties may be held at the pool, if guests are limited to 20 persons, and a security deposit (refundable) and cleanup fee (non-refundable).

A resident of Craig Ranch, who styles herself as a party organizer, organized a free party, hired a DJ, and "invited" via social media including an implication that the pool was available.  She handed out flyers to a future event that she was "organizing" and charging admission for.  After several hours "guests" began to jump the fence into the pool area.

Except none of this really matters, because the cops were called over the altercation that took place outside of the pool area. In addition, the harassment and violence on behalf of the cop occurred outside of the pool area. At the very best, it can only be claimed that the cops heard about this after they got there, and then began to harass anyone wearing a bathing suit and who didn't seem to "belong" in a $450,000/home community (see: black)...except when we see the video, we can see that the real common denominator is the cop harassing black people wearing all forms of clothing within close proximity to where the cop decided to do a barrel roll.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »

The pool requires card access.  Community residents may pay $10 for the card.  There is another card available for free, that does not entitle one to pool access.

A resident of Craig Ranch, who styles herself as a party organizer, organized a free party, hired a DJ, and "invited" via social media including an implication that the pool was available.  She handed out flyers to a future event that she was "organizing" and charging admission for.  After several hours "guests" began to jump the fence into the pool area.

Except none of this really matters, because the cops were called over the altercation that took place outside of the pool area. In addition, the harassment and violence on behalf of the cop occurred outside of the pool area. At the very best, it can only be claimed that the cops heard about this after they got there, and then began to harass anyone wearing a bathing suit and who didn't seem to "belong" in a $450,000/home community (see: black)...except when we see the video, we can see that the real common denominator is the cop harassing black people wearing all forms of clothing within close proximity to where the cop decided to do a barrel roll.
Alternatively, the first police call occurred when the "guests" began to jump the fence into the pool area, and when the initial officer found he was vastly outnumbered called in backup.  This sounds a lot more plausible.

The incident occurred at the Craig Ranch North Community Pool.   The developer of Craig Ranch developer describes that neighborhood as single family in the 150s (and as being built out).   On the Collin County appraisal district site, I found a house appraised at $200,000, but $40,000 of that was an increase in the last two years.  From 2004 to 2015 it had only increased in value from $150,000 to $160,000.

The area (Collin County, Census Tract 305.17) is 65% Anglo, 12% Asian, 11% Hispanic, 9% Black, and 4% other.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »

Regardless of why the cops were called, the behavior shown by the cop in that video was unacceptable, regardless of why he exhibited it.  His prior history combined with this incident clearly shown he does not belong in law enforcement at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies