Kasich sounds like he's in and disses Hillary on voter-laws
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:48:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich sounds like he's in and disses Hillary on voter-laws
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich sounds like he's in and disses Hillary on voter-laws  (Read 2049 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:10:41 AM »

Ohio Gov. John Kasich has former Sen. John Sununu running his New Hampshire operation as he bides his time on a presidential announcement, telling Fox News that he wants to ensure “the resources are there and the organization is there to be able to win.”

“I don’t want to get into this just to go around and waste everybody’s time, either. I’m going to have a sense that we can put it together, or I won’t do it. But I’m extremely optimistic,” Kasich said.

And he’s not pessimistic about polls showing him registering in the very low single digits, either.

“People like Barack Obama or Bill Clinton didn’t register early in the polls. That’s why you have early primaries. And, frankly, a national poll that takes into account what people think about me in Alaska is just not relevant. I mean, it’s going to be what people think about me in Iowa or in New Hampshire or in South Carolina,” Kasich said.

“So — you know, look — I mean, name ID right now is what this is all about. And my focus is on the places where it really matters. And I think national polls at this point are just simply not relevant.”

The governor said he likes Hillary Clinton, “but I got to tell you, the idea that we’re going to divide Americans and we’re going to use demagoguery — I don’t like it.”

“Now, I haven’t said a word about Hillary. But to come into the state of Ohio and say we’re repressing the vote, when New York has only election day and we have 27 days — what’s she — come on. That’s just silliness, you know? I’m disappointed in her, frankly,” Kasich continued. “I — you know, I’ve always — I like Hillary, personally. She’s been kind to me. I like her. I’m not for her for president, obviously. But, you know, you can’t get into that demagoguery and divide the country in Ohio. We’re trying to raise everybody.”

“…Don’t be coming in and saying we are deliberately trying to keep people from voting when her own state has less opportunity for voting than my state. And she’s going to sue my state? I mean, come on. That’s just silly. That’s not attack — that’s just silly. Come on, now.”

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/06/05/kasich-on-2016-national-poll-that-gauges-what-people-think-about-me-in-alaska-is-not-relevant
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »

Are we going to have to listen to this sort of adolescent-speak for months on end?  Is there any way Kasich can be weaned off this sort of mode of expression, or will it get to the point that we start to vomit after about the ten thousandth time we hear either the words you know, I mean, or come on?

“People like Barack Obama or Bill Clinton didn’t register early in the polls. That’s why you have early primaries. And, frankly, a national poll that takes into account what people think about me in Alaska is just not relevant. I mean, it’s going to be what people think about me in Iowa or in New Hampshire or in South Carolina,” Kasich said.

“So — you know, look — I mean, name ID right now is what this is all about. And my focus is on the places where it really matters. And I think national polls at this point are just simply not relevant.”

The governor said he likes Hillary Clinton, “but I got to tell you, the idea that we’re going to divide Americans and we’re going to use demagoguery — I don’t like it.”

“Now, I haven’t said a word about Hillary. But to come into the state of Ohio and say we’re repressing the vote, when New York has only election day and we have 27 days — what’s she — come on. That’s just silliness, you know? I’m disappointed in her, frankly,” Kasich continued. “I — you know, I’ve always — I like Hillary, personally. She’s been kind to me. I like her. I’m not for her for president, obviously. But, you know, you can’t get into that demagoguery and divide the country in Ohio. We’re trying to raise everybody.”

“…Don’t be coming in and saying we are deliberately trying to keep people from voting when her own state has less opportunity for voting than my state. And she’s going to sue my state? I mean, come on. That’s just silly. That’s not attack — that’s just silly. Come on, now.”
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »

Kind of cute that they don't actually speak to the merits of anything she's proposed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:23:53 AM »

Gee golly, Andy.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »

Kind of cute that they don't actually speak to the merits of anything she's proposed.

Yeah, what he said had absolutely no substance to it, in addition to, as Torie pointed out, sounding practically incoherent.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 08:47:52 AM »

?

Clinton is suing his state so that is what he was asked about and that is what he responded to.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 09:05:11 AM »
« Edited: June 06, 2015, 09:18:14 AM by Torie »

?

Clinton is suing his state so that is what he was asked about and that is what he responded to.

The one thing of substance Kasich said was the 27 day voting period in Ohio that NY does not have. Another thing in NY that retards voting is that the state makes it very difficult to vote absentee. You have to file paper work for each election that you will not be physically present somewhere in your county for the entire period that polls are open, and your vote could be invalidated if someone produces evidence that you were in the county.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »

NY voting system has some great things (no 14th amendment violating ID requirements, very long hours on Election Day, fusion) and some awful things (no early voting, almost no absentee voting).

Meanwhile Kasich is sounding like Palin 2.0.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »

?

What what?
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »

Magic his right about one thing, NY has very poor voting laws and it's all throughout the northeast, but NY had a Republican Governor until 2007 and the GOP has controlled the State Senate and it wouldn't be easy to pass reforms there.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »

Magic his right about one thing, NY has very poor voting laws and it's all throughout the northeast, but NY had a Republican Governor until 2007 and the GOP has controlled the State Senate and it wouldn't be easy to pass reforms there.

Even if they Dems controlled the Senate, I bet Cuomo vetoes any voter-laws that come to his desk.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »

NY voting system has some great things (no 14th amendment violating ID requirements, very long hours on Election Day, fusion) and some awful things (no early voting, almost no absentee voting).

Meanwhile Kasich is sounding like Palin 2.0.
The supreme court and 3/4ths of americans disagree with you
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »

?

What what?

This is the context:
http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/05/kasich-rips-hillarys-ohio-voting-laws-lawsuit-cites-hypocrisy-video/
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

Yeah, what he said had absolutely no substance to it, in addition to, as Torie pointed out, sounding practically incoherent.

God I hope he is the next President, just for your sake. Evil Tongue
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 04:48:19 AM »

This is very rude to Alaska.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43