Carson:Let's talk less about anti-gay bigotry, more about anti-Christian bigotry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson:Let's talk less about anti-gay bigotry, more about anti-Christian bigotry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Carson:Let's talk less about anti-gay bigotry, more about anti-Christian bigotry  (Read 2458 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:06:45 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ben-carson-gay-discrimination-christian-discrimination-118926.html?hp=l3_4

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:23:31 AM »

I was thinking about putting this up myself, but then said to myself, hey, Carson is irrelevant, so why do it?  Anyway, does anybody know what the "question" Carson asks quoted below means? Because I don't have a clue. Help!

“I don’t want to talk about the gay issue unless you can get the answer to this question. Who believes in the traditional marriage that would be acceptable?” he asked.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »

I don't care that he holds this view-politicians always panders. What's worrying is that 10-20% of the GOP electoral already agree with this guy, and it could well increase
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 02:02:45 PM »

The right wing belief that Christians are the most discriminated group of people in America is laughable.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »

The belief that somehow American Christians are outnumbered, under siege, and fighting for their freedom to practice their religion is extremely insulting to Christians elsewhere in the world who are actually being persecuted.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 12:57:14 AM »

Yeah, I mean, (so-called) Christians aren't even allowed to force their anti-gay bigotry on others anymore! What's the world coming to? Next thing you know, they'll be preventing the Nazis from slapping yellow triangles on people and stuffing them in ovens!  Will no one think of the Nazis?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 03:37:30 AM »

There's some anti-Christian bigotry in the Sudan, Iraq, and Syria. The US? Nope.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 04:01:06 AM »

The belief that somehow American Christians are outnumbered, under siege, and fighting for their freedom to practice their religion is extremely insulting to Christians elsewhere in the world who are actually being persecuted.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 04:41:46 AM »

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

LOL! Clown!

Does he even know a single gay, lesbian, transsexual or bisexual person? I highly doubt it. Certainly not as a close friend.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »

It's also insulting to non-Christians in this country who have had to put up with prejudice from Christians.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »

It's also insulting to non-Christians in this country who have had to put up with prejudice from Christians.

Well that too, but looking at it from a Christian perspective, they really need to stop whining about their own "persecution" and care more about Christians in say, the Middle East.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »

I wish those who insist on talking about the homosexual issue would focus their efforts on defeating ISIS and islamofascism, who are human rights abusers
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »

I wish those who insist on talking about the homosexual issue would focus their efforts on defeating ISIS and islamofascism, who are human rights abusers

You seem primus inter pares around here when it comes to "insist[ing] on talking about the homosexual issue," is my impression. You seem to participate in each and every thread that involves gays, and sometimes seem to segue into the issue even if the topic is not about gays, if I recall correctly.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »

You seem primus inter pares around here when it comes to "insist[ing] on talking about the homosexual issue," is my impression. You seem to participate in each and every thread that involves gays, and sometimes seem to segue into the issue even if the topic is not about gays, if I recall correctly.

That's not true - but I'm sure you're as equally concerned as I am with human rights abuses against LGBT  in Sharia nations. I'm questioning why we don't get any outrage from HRC or Stonewall.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 09:02:08 PM »

That's not true - but I'm sure you're as equally concerned as I am with human rights abuses against LGBT  in Sharia nations. I'm questioning why we don't get any outrage from HRC or Stonewall.

That is actually a good question, but considering you're just talking about it to troll, you're not the best messenger.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »

Just because folks like myself and CountryClassSF oppose gay marriage doesn't mean we want the LGBT community dead. ISIS and those who would defenestrate gays in the Middle East have a twisted and perverse view of who God really is. Until the left is willing to truly address the ISIS/Sharia persecution against non-Muslims in countries where Islamic law is cruel and supreme, we should stop any sort of dialogue on the marriage issue here.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »

Here we have the left telling the right they cannot talk about bigotry because "bigotry".

I heard the same argument on a sports talk radio show a few nights ago. LeSean McCoy had claimed that Eagles coach Chip Kelly was getting rid of more black players than white players and intimated that it might be due to racism. When callers brought up that McCoy was possibly making a false claim of racism, the host dismissed those calls saying something to the effect that "you callers are more concerned by false racism claims and than you were of actual racist events whenever they took place". In other words, the callers did not care about racism, presumably because they were racists themselves.

Now let's not lose sight of the fact that the right does the same thing with the patriotism issue: the left cannot be patriotic because of past issues like lack of support for certain wars and lack of support for the "Patriot Act", etc.

So we have the left with their issue with which they get to lash the outsiders" (tolerance), and we have the right with their pet issue with which they get to lash "outsiders" (patriotism).

But the truth is that the right can be discriminated against and the left can be patriotic, and anyone who says otherwise is only protecting their "privilege" respecting certain issues.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »

No-talk about the beheading of Christians in the middle east.

If I was running for President, and someone asked me 'do I care about christain discrimination' I'd say yes, I wouldn't say 'I only wanna talk about gays'..

Carson is quite frankly a homophobic bigot who needs to  off back to a career that he could somehow manage
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »

No-talk about the beheading of Christians in the middle east.

This would also preclude Muslims in America from addressing the discrimination they face here. Anyone can face discrimination and shushing them is only exercising "privilege" over an issue.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »

Just because folks like myself and CountryClassSF oppose gay marriage doesn't mean we want the LGBT community dead. ISIS and those who would defenestrate gays in the Middle East have a twisted and perverse view of who God really is. Until the left is willing to truly address the ISIS/Sharia persecution against non-Muslims in countries where Islamic law is cruel and supreme, we should stop any sort of dialogue on the marriage issue here.

Both sides ignoring both evils, because each side focuses on only one of the evils, giving short shrift to the other allegedly, is hardly the best solution to the problem now is it?  Maybe helping both sides learn how to better walk and chew gum at the same time, might be a better approach, no?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »

that's quite frankly the most idiotic statement I've ever seen posted on this board. And please- there are plenty of people in the US who'd be happy with homosexuality being banned, people who'd be happy with gays dying in the streets of aids and who'd be happy going back to the 1950's. I can hardly see you giving a single sh**t about the LGBT community

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »

Don't pretend you give a sh!t about LGBT rights or the community.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »

Carson is showing how you can troll your way to the top. He continues to say things that normal people consider outrageous that only helps him with the people he is targeting.  Rick Santorum isn't getting as much traction this time because he is (for the most part) playing it safe and trying to appear normal. Rick should 'dance with the one that brung him' and return to the classics of 'man on dog' analogies.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies