NE1: Northeast By-Election Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Northeast By-Election Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Northeast By-Election Act  (Read 727 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 12, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »

We already have laws for special elections on the books - which are actually prompter on when the election should be held than this one.

And even if we didn't, I wouldn't sign it. Waiving of a special election for candidates with only one candidate can cause very big problems - essentially, under this law, nobody could hold a write-in campaign for the seat.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »

I wouldn't be opposed to a reduction in the appointment threshold either.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:16:56 AM »

I'd rather retain appointment powers than gain voting privilege in these matters - considering the fact that I might have to make multiple appointments at once (which is a very real possibility considering the high turnover rates of the previous Assemblies), I'd either have a vote that's stronger than the elected representatives or the people would be down one representative.

I don't see why the vacancy filling system after two weeks should be changed.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »

I'll remove the governor voting power in my next amendment.

I, personally, don't think that anyone should be appointed to a role that is elected under normal circumstances. Which is why I'm proposing that special elections should take place two weeks before the close of the assembly term, rather than a month before. Especially considering that a term is only two months.

I've already indicated that I support the reduction of the threshold to two weeks. That's not a problem. Leaving this seat vacant is my problem with this bill - it's unworkable and inefficient, so the appointment system must remain in place in order to get my signature.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »

Yeah - Altsomn and I come from that time when there was a high turnover rate.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »

Awesome.

I'm just saying - during my first term as Governor (and actually, Governor Talleyrand's second term), we had seven Assemblymen leave - all for various reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies