President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:19:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter  (Read 19523 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 16, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

This is just ridiculous. Trans-racial, trans-abled, trans-ethnic. All of it, these identity disorders, including that one- you know what I mean. I don't know why the medical community has completely abdicated their responsibility here.

There, I said it. Give this post 10 death points for intolerance and bigotry, if you wish. Heck, give the other ones where I've said anything about a "teakettle" 10 death points too, because that's what I was talking about (if it wasn't already obvious). This is the internet, I don't know why I should have to censor myself.

There's nothing bigoted about what you said. Things are completely out of control. I even read an article from a left-wing liberal professor, and he said his liberal college students, "scare him".

They're going so extreme, they seem to want a country with no laws, no race, no gender, no religion. It's gone beyond a John Lennon song now. It's gotta stop. You can cast the bait far out, but you still gotta have the line attached to pull it back in once in a while.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/college-professor-afraid

Here's that article btw.

Things have changed since I started teaching. The vibe is different. I wish there were a less blunt way to put this, but my students sometimes scare me — particularly the liberal ones.

Not, like, in a person-by-person sense, but students in general. The student-teacher dynamic has been reenvisioned along a line that's simultaneously consumerist and hyper-protective, giving each and every student the ability to claim Grievous Harm in nearly any circumstance, after any affront, and a teacher's formal ability to respond to these claims is limited at best.

I am frightened sometimes by the thought that a student would complain again like he did in 2009. Only this time it would be a student accusing me not of saying something too ideologically extreme — be it communism or racism or whatever — but of not being sensitive enough toward his feelings, of some simple act of indelicacy that's considered tantamount to physical assault. As Northwestern University professor Laura Kipnis writes, "Emotional discomfort is [now] regarded as equivalent to material injury, and all injuries have to be remediated." Hurting a student's feelings, even in the course of instruction that is absolutely appropriate and respectful, can now get a teacher into serious trouble.

It's gotta stop. I've said it on here for years. YEARS. Emotions do not matter. You can't make laws by them, you can't govern by them. The ONLY EMOTION in the US Constitution is the pursuit of happiness, and that is not the same as saying, "Destroy Professor Gibben's life, because he hurt your emotional well-being for constructively criticizing your answer."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »

I don't think anyone here is "against" transgenderism. What does that even mean?

Who the ****  knows and who the **** cares? These people are ****ing insane. Off the deep end.

But my "traditional values" are extreme, right?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »

I don't think anyone here is "against" transgenderism. What does that even mean?

Who the ****  knows and who the **** cares? These people are ****ing insane. Off the deep end.

But my "traditional values" are extreme, right?

Do your "traditional values" include the traditional Navajo Nadleeh (3rd gender)?

No but they include the traditional 3rd gender of Wally Gator.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »

wtf does "transracial" even mean??

It means NOTHING. It's another word liberals make up to try and justify the flawed actions of crazy people. Oops did I say crazy? I meant "Intellectually challenged".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »

Rachel Dolezal is black by choice. She is now so black that if she were to have a child by a white man the child, no matter what the DNA and appearance say, would have a black mother.   

Incorrect. She is Caucasian.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »

So if I say I'm a dinosaur, then everyone else should say I'm a dinosaur? What kinda morons are you guys?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 03:10:42 PM »

You realize this woman is a fuc*ing nutjob, right? She's an embarrassment on society. So we don't defend her, we don't condone her, and we shouldn't acknowledge her.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 11:44:08 AM »

People are taking "you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up" way too literally and to a whole different level these days.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2015, 05:08:55 PM by Reaganfan »

http://mynorthwest.com/992/2774838/Rachel-Dolezal-is-everything-thats-wrong-with-political-correctness

GREAT ARTICLE.

---

Take for example a mind-blowingly laughable conversation on MSNBC with host Melissa Harris-Perry, who once mocked Mitt Romney for having an adopted black grandchild. Rather than call Dolezal out for pretending to be black, Harris-Perry asks:

But is it possible that she might actually be black? The best way that I know how to describe this, and I want to be very careful here because I don't want to say it's equivalent to the transgender experience. But there is a useful language in "trans" and "cis" which is just to say some of us are born cis-gendered, some of us are born transgendered, but I wonder can it be that one would be cis-black and trans-black. That there is actually a different category of blackness that is about achievement of blackness despite one's parentage. Is that possible?

None of the words coming out of Perry's mouth mean anything. It's just a bunch of words strung together to form what activists think is brilliant analysis of a complex issue, when the issue isn't complex at all: you can't be black when you're white, nor can you be white when you are black. You want to identify as such? Fine - but you'll be judged as either mentally unwell or as an opportunist.

Political correctness means you never, ever make someone feel bad, even if it's unintentional, and you definitely shouldn't judge them (unless that person is a Republican, then you get to mock them all you want). And it's gotten so crazy that even people who you know want to rip Dolezal for her deception, stop themselves from talking about the contrived "transracial" concept.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies