President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:32:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter  (Read 19544 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:35:11 AM »
« edited: June 19, 2015, 06:41:23 AM by Mechaman »

I may risk going into psychobabble here, but there could be more than 'race' and 'white guilt' here. Rachel Dolezal is a bright daughter of Christian fundamentalist parents  who put her in a gilded cage. Czech ancestry? This is not likely a home in which the music of Smetana, Dvorak, and Martinu (they are delightful composers!) are a disproportionate part of the music on the stereo. This is the homogenized, shuttered world of fundamentalist preaching and scolding. Most likely it is one of sexual repression in which the sole purpose of sex is to have Christian fundamentalist children in huge numbers. An intelligent girl is likely to reject this view of life and seek something very different.

Race may not be an overt problem for religious fundamentalists. Christian Protestant Fundamentalism accept non-whites should they accept the package of Biblical literalism, cultural blandness, and sexual repression. Getting the opportunity to get as far away from that environment as possible, she went to a historically-black university with intellectual rigor. Not only did she discover African-American culture; she also discovered secularism which permits a greater variety of possible plans in life than marrying early to have lots of children to be harnessed to a stilted view of the world.

Just imagine that she had attended Brandeis University, a well-regarded Jewish university. She would have discovered a world view very different from that of her parents. She might have still gotten a degree in Fine Arts... and ended up marrying some wonderful Jewish husband who introduces her to, among other things, the music of Smetana, Dvorak, and Martinu; such music is fully compatible with Jewish life as it was in Czechoslovakia when the country had a large and influential Jewish majority before Satan Incarnate (Hitler) took the country over in 1938 and 1939. Finding Jewish life so attractive at the least for intellectual freedom and gender equality, she converts to Judaism. She raises her children Jewish and starts assuming that her Swedish and German ancestors were really Jews. Her parents are incensed!  

Just imagine that she had attended Notre Dame, and fell in love with some sophisticated, intelligent, decent Polish-American Catholic from Chicago. He introduces her to the sort of culture that one would expect of well-educated Polish-Americans. He gets her to discover her Czech heritage, and she fits in. Her art often becomes heavily devotional to the Virgin Mary. Her parents are incensed!

1: >99% of Czech-Americans do not listen to Czech classical composers.
2: For that matter the vast majority of the few Americans who do have no Czech ancestry. I've never noticed classical music fans being discriminating toward composers of their own ethnic background.
3: Jews and Polish-Americans are just as white as me or the family of Dolezal's upbringing.
4: Most Jews, Czech background or not, do not listen to classical music primarily of Czech composers.
5: Anyone who converts to Judaism who is intelligent enough to graduate college should be able to realize that converting to it does not retroactively make their ancestors Jewish. I do not believe that my ancestors are now retroactively emergent church Christians.
6: Most Polish-Americans do not make Virgin Mary devotional artwork, and the hyper-Catholic people who do likely come from all sorts of ethnic backgrounds.

OK -- You are right on all six. I doubt that her parents listened to any kind of classical music. I am roughly half German or Swiss and about half from the non-Catholic parts of the British Isles... and if I listen heavily to music of people from German-speaking lands such is a matter of quantity and quality. The preponderance of music in most classical music collections is by German-speaking composers due to quantity and quality I do not have a disproportionate amount of music from British, Scots, or Welsh composers.   Czech? Hungarian? Probably more than those from the British Isles -- and I have no Czech or Hungarian ancestors. Again, quantity and quality. Then there's Russia, one of the powerhouses of Western culture.

I am setting up a fictional scenario. Fiction can go into odd expressions.  In view of what she did in real life, she would go to the extreme in any pattern. She has some serious delusions, and I am trying to express how those might manifest themselves. She has done little in moderation and if she were to have found some different community to join, she become an extreme expression of whatever she joined.

No, you just wanted an avenue to express your racist paternalistic notions of ethnic white people, much like a lot of your other posts on this board.

Very fitting you felt fit to post right into a thread about racism.  Now posters know what kind of posts to avoid if they want to be taken seriously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies