President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:12:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President of Spokane NAACP outed as white imposter  (Read 19703 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: June 13, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »

I saw this on Gawker and the reaction was even more hilarious. As for me I get why (some) African Americans may have problem with this, but honestly it's a hilarious history. One fact I loved was that the local African Americans in Spokane did suspect that she wasn't Black, more because of her views (she was simply too generic angry African American activists)and her tales about her personal history, than because of how she looked. But no one wanted to ask her if she was Black, in case she just was a light skinned African American, plus they was all happy with her work in NAACP.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 03:11:30 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2015, 03:13:08 AM by ingemann »

It's funny because some SJW types on Twitter are defending her saying she's "Transethnic" or some nonsense.

You do realize that basically 100% of the people peddling that line are right-wing 4chan/8chan/etc. trolls posing as SJWs for trollish purposes, no?

How would anyone tell?  The idea that gender is flexible but that ethnicity is a stable category is in itself hilarious.

Yes I barely believe what I read when people began to write that gender was a social construct and race/ethnicity was biological, when I read the discussion of this, and that was from the "non-trollish" posters.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »

This is utterly hilarious and I just can't get enough of it. It's funny because some SJW types on Twitter are defending her saying she's "Transethnic" or some nonsense.

It's funny to see Tumblrina's and black activists tear each other apart over this.

I mean c'mon this is kill yourself level stuff here.

Amusing as it may be, there's no real reason why someone couldn't be transracial or transethnic.

Except the fact that you can't feel like you have, say, Asian ancestry. How would one even be transracial? How would one feel like a black person in their mind when the minds of white and black people are not different?

Trans-Identity have little to do with things like genes or culture and much more to do with are people willing to accept that you're something. People accepted this woman as African American she was African American until people decided they wouldn't accept it no more. Few people are willing to recognise the younger Bruce Jenner as a woman, but a lot of people are willing to recognise the older Caitlyn Jenner as a woman, and if a person who didn't know her meet her on the street they would see her as a woman.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies