Opinion of Pixar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:21:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Pixar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: With the release of Inside Out coming soon, and it being almost 20 years since Toy Story...well?
FAS (Animation Studio)

HAS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of Pixar  (Read 2168 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »

Where do you stand, Freedom Animation Studio or Horrible Animation Studio?

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 01:43:01 PM »

Probably the best at this point (though Disney is making a solid comeback).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 01:57:07 PM »

Massive FAS (normal)
retromike22
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »

I like them. Cars was lame though.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »

Generally awesome, though I have little to no interest in the new one coming out.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

Miles has met random Senators and Politicians, I've met random Animators from Pixar [including the guy behind The Lamp logo, who happens to be my neighbor].

All of these animators seem to really like their job in all aspects.

And yes, I've actually been to Pixar itself, which definitely has a nice atmosphere to it. (It was too long ago for me to get more specific than that)

In short, even beyond the movies they crank out Massive FAS seems fits the bill.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »

Overall Freedom studio but their work since the Incredibles have been hit or miss.

Toy Story 1 was legendary, 2 was okay (the rescue part was awesome but the woody storyline was boring,) 3 I haven't seen yet fully but it looks good.  Bugs life was a setback and was terrible, Monsters Inc was awesome (haven't seen 2 yet,) as was the Incredibles. Nemo was solid. Cars was okay but lame in spots. Cars 2 is terrible. Haven't seen Rat or Wall-e yet but Up's fun.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 05:31:03 AM »

For the record, Up is my favorite animated movie ever. Toy Story 3 would probably be the second, though nostalgia filter may apply in that case.

I really need to see Wall-E.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »

Words cannot describe my hatred for Pixar.  The Toy Story trilogy was good, but pretty much every other film they've made has been lousy.  Plus, they killed traditional animation and destroyed Disney, so I pretty much detest everything about them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »

Words cannot describe my hatred for Pixar.  The Toy Story trilogy was good, but pretty much every other film they've made has been lousy.  Plus, they killed traditional animation and destroyed Disney, so I pretty much detest everything about them.

What in the holy hell is wrong with you?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »

What in the holy hell is wrong with you?
Somehow, I knew somebody would ask me that question.  I could probably fit every person who hates Pixar in a phone booth.  If you think something is wrong with me, then fine, but I will never apologize for feeling the way I do.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 04:01:24 PM »

Seriously? You want Disney to go back to cheap DTV sequels and obscure movies that only fit a tiny tiny niche?

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »

I see Oldies has voted. Who is the second Pixar hater we have here?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »

FAS
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 12:50:36 PM »

Mods please ban
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »

They make very quality films, not just for kids, but for everyone. Personally, I enjoy nearly all of them.

Inside Out looks to be yet another fantastic film from Pixar, so it doesn't look like my opinion of them will change any time soon.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »

Seriously? You want Disney to go back to cheap DTV sequels and obscure movies that only fit a tiny tiny niche?

No, I want them to go back to making good, quality traditional animation like they used to.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »

Beyond a couple of movies, hopelessly overrated. Can't even pretend to get excited over whatever they're doing next.

Perhaps I'm more bothered by the overwhelming, uncritical praise the movies receive and the fanboy bashing that anyone who even questions Pixar gets. And both the Cars series and the Monsters series are trash.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

Perhaps I'm more bothered by the overwhelming, uncritical praise the movies receive and the fanboy bashing that anyone who even questions Pixar gets. And both the Cars series and the Monsters series are trash.

Blasphemy!

I can't really defend Cars, but I flippin' love the Monsters movies. The first one was my childhood. Tongue
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2015, 02:44:39 PM by CrabCake »

Words cannot describe my hatred for Pixar.  The Toy Story trilogy was good, but pretty much every other film they've made has been lousy.  Plus, they killed traditional animation and destroyed Disney, so I pretty much detest everything about them.

No, I want them to go back to making good, quality traditional animation like they used to.

You do know Pixar almost single-handedly stopped the Rot that had set in because of Michael Eisner's idiocy and greed right? There's a reason that recent Disney films are the only remotely good things the company has produced since the 90's. And that reason is John Lasseter's leadership ending the horrible culture that developed in the company that had led to the worst series of films since WW2 when the company just made bland propaganda and idiotic, poorly-made sentimental dreck.

As for Pixar, they are a pretty good group that make very good mass market family entertainment. Surprisingly good, I should add, considering the trash that you might think of when I say "mass market family entertainment".
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »

You do know Pixar almost single-handedly stopped the Rot that had set in because of Michael Eisner's idiocy and greed right? There's a reason that recent Disney films are the only remotely good things the company has produced since the 90's. And that reason is John Lasseter's leadership ending the horrible culture that developed in the company that had led to the worst series of films since WW2 when the company just made bland propaganda and idiotic, poorly-made sentimental dreck.

As for Pixar, they are a pretty good group that make very good mass market family entertainment. Surprisingly good, I should add, considering the trash that you might think of when I say "mass market family entertainment".
Disney animation since the 90s has most certainly NOT been good.  The only film I've seen that comes close is The Princess and the Frog, which was nowhere near the same level as anything Disney made prior to The Lion King or Mulan.  I saw Princess when it came out, if only to vote with my wallet and show my love for traditional animation.  I haven't seen Tangled yet, but it looks like it might be good, even if it is computer animated. 
And Pixar did not save Disney from the rot of the Eisner years, it simply delayed it until Bob Iger took over.  While there's a lot to criticize about Mike Eisner's tenure, don't forget that he was at the helm during the Renaissance years that The Little Mermaid ushered in.  Once Iger replaced him, everything just went from bad to worse.  That was about the time that Disney bought out Pixar, or more accurately, when Pixar bought out Disney.  After Disney completely ignored the 75th anniversary of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 2012 and of Pinocchio this year, I completely lost all hope in them.  And as for John Lasseter, let's just say that he talked a good game when he took over the animation studio, but he's never seemed to deliver much.  In the words of The Who, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Beyond a couple of movies, hopelessly overrated. Can't even pretend to get excited over whatever they're doing next.

You're in good company. Wink  Pixar is so overrated, especially by critics, who treat them like they are without original sin.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »

@CrabCake: You're forgetting the period after The Jungle Book and before The Little Mermaid, when only The Rescuers didn't suck.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »

Freedom Animation Studio, Toy Story was in important part of my childhood.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies