MN-Sen 2008 with Mondale as the Incumbent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:23:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-Sen 2008 with Mondale as the Incumbent
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-Sen 2008 with Mondale as the Incumbent  (Read 625 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:17:28 PM »

Not sure where this goes. Mods, have at it. But on with the discussion. Say Walter Mondale returned to the Senate in 2002. Of course he'd retire once more in 2008, but how would that election have turned out? Would it be the squeaker of all squeakers still?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »

If Mondale was the incumbent, he'd win by double digits. Coleman would be a joke candidate at this point.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »

Feb. 6, 2007: Mondale: I'm running for President in 2008

"Fellow Americans, we've seen too many years of incompetent Republican rule, and Democrats pretending to be Republicans just like the incredibly incompetent Bill Clinton and his pandering to folks like Gingrich. I tried to put it a stop to it in 1984 and am back 24 years later to finish the job. Reagan's disastrous 2nd term and criminality put this country to shame and his policies have created a terrible situation for middle class Americans all across this country, be them in New York, North Dakota, Mississippi, or Oregon! Fellow Democrats, join me in forging ahead to a bright, prosperous future for the average American!"

Feb. 15, 2007: Ted Mondale: I'm running

"Minnesotans, we deserve a Senator who will stand up to the Republicans and support the values that we hold dear. Equal opportunity will be a central theme of my campaign. Disadvantaged people all across our country are being left behind the curve when I'm in the Senate I will be a voice for them. I will also be a voice for our beautiful and unique state, standing up for our state's environment and federally funded programs. Let's work together to get a voice of reason in 2008!"

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:39:29 AM »

If Mondale was the incumbent, he'd win by double digits. Coleman would be a joke candidate at this point.

This timeline splits at the election. Wellstone still dies, and Mondale is still the replacement. The only difference is he wins.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies