Elementary School vs. Middle School vs. High School
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Elementary School vs. Middle School vs. High School
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Elementary School

Middle School

High School

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Elementary School vs. Middle School vs. High School  (Read 3610 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

In which of these did you have the best expierence in?

My opinion:

Elementary school and High school were the best for me. Middle school was garbage.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »

Half of Elementary School was being bullied mercilessly just for being autistic, no real friends at all until 4th Grade, and the lunchlady was the absolute worst.

On the other hand, great teachers, art was fun, learned "Lean on Me", and there was the Poetry Garden which was always so peaceful

So that's hit-and-miss.

Middle School was Middle School, good ones are the exception, not the rule.

High School had more crazy moments worth talking about, I had lots of friends, and since the school was located in the downtown and let out for lunch, any horrible shorcks that could happen could be relieved by getting a bite to eat, going to the library and checking out stuff, or whatever else came to mind.

So I have to go with High School.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

Elementary school was by far the best for me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

High School

Elementary School

Middle School
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »

Sixth form - (16-18)
KS4 - (14-16)
Infant school (4-7)
Junior school (7-11)
Secondary, pre exams (11-14)

Anybody who chooses Middle school is a dangerous psycho, btw
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »

High School

Elementary School

Middle School
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »

Probably high school first, because I became a much more confident person fully comfortable with myself, and developed some friendships and interests which have lasted since. Elementary school was a long time ago, but I have fairly positive memories, at least up until 9/11 or the 2003 attacks, when Riyadh started turning to sh**t. I recall having some very good friends, fun times in and out of school and youthful naivete. On the other hand, I was bullied and I had lots of issues. Middle school was almost all negative (normal).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »

I think I exited the mortal plane when I entered middle school. I refuse to believe that such a realm can exist outside of anywhere but hell itself.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »

Elementary school overall.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »

elementary, as messed up and spergy of a little kid as i was i had a lot of fun adventures and stuff anyway. although senior year was pretty rad
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 03:54:42 PM »

High school.  I was kind of a late bloomer, and that was when I finally began to discover my identity.  Elementary and middle school weren't bad, either.  Sometimes I wish I could go back to the carefree days of elementary school, although I enjoyed high school more.  I live in a pretty small town, so I got to know most of my classmates pretty well, which makes me miss high school all the more.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 04:02:50 PM »

I think I exited the mortal plane when I entered middle school. I refuse to believe that such a realm can exist outside of anywhere but hell itself.
Middle school teachers would generally agree with you.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

middle school i didn't *hate.* it had ups and downs, i mean i went through the beginning of recurring depression. and i honestly shouldn't have passed 7th grade because of math but whatever. there was still quite a bit interesting going on and i started really learning history
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »

High School. We had the best senior prank ever.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »

High School. Start developing my identity and started to gain a self-esteem.

I was bullied in both elementary and middle school, but much more in middle school.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 12:33:28 PM »

High School
Elementary School

Middle School
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:24 PM »

HS, but I had my favorite teacher ever in elementary though.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »

First grade was an especially simple time.  Subjects were easy, we had fun, I was mostly clueless, and I didn't think about my shortcomings that would cause problems for me later (particularly being terrible at sports, which became pretty clear in second grade).  The rest of elementary school wasn't too bad either, though.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 09:12:15 PM »

Elementary school by miles and miles.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »

Half of Elementary School was being bullied mercilessly just for being autistic, no real friends at all until 4th Grade, and the lunchlady was the absolute worst.

I wouldn't say I was "bullied mercilessly" in elementary school, but the rest sounds like my grade school experience, especially the lunch ladies (and recess ladies Tongue) being very cruel.  

Personally, 5th, 9th, and 11th were my three favorite grades, though kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grades were all pretty fun. 
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 01:43:11 AM »

Elementary was mostly good but I had some bad moments. K and 1st grade were awesome, I had two of the sweetest women in the world as my teachers. The assistant teacher took time out her day twice a week to teach me to read properly because I was behind. Without her who knows where I would be. I followed that up with a demon of a 2nd grade teacher. Should have been a model or skina-max star instead of a teacher. She told my dad once "I had too big of an imagination and I would never amount to much." Would love to see her now and show my college degrees in her botoxed face.3rd grade was fun but my teacher was preggo so she missed time. 9/11 hit my first full month then she was out until Christmas. Met two of my best childhood friends that year so it was an awesome year. 4th grade I hated it and was depressed the whole year even if I liked the teacher. I was hitting maturity time. 5th grade I had class with my two besties and it was fun as hell.

6th grade was an odd year because I was 11. Dubya was re-elected and things changed dramatically. I rate it a good year though. 7th grade was absolute hell and torture. I had bad thoughts in my head then for a 12/13 year old. I had two bitty's for teachers who were worthless and I had a girl in my class with mental issues who had a vandetta against me. She tried some BS sexual harassment charge on me and the teachers took her side but I won. The principal called it all a joke and reprimanded the teachers for wasting his time. They took it out on me but I passed and got the hell out thankfully.  8th grade was awesome and made up for it. I made a ton of friends I still have then and I sewed the seeds for my high school years. Still see my math teacher ever now and then (love her, good way of course..)

Freshman year passed by too fast and it was a blur. I played Football for the first time that fall but had no idea what to do. I made it through and earned people's respect. 10th grade was rough because of my ACL surgery and the hard work that followed. I had 2 solid semesters that year. It was a odd time because society as a whole was growing more technology based and Barry won. 11th grade was hell for the first couple of months then it turned into the best year I ever had in any school. November of 2009-October 2010 were amazing times. 2010/11 was my senior year and it was a blur again. In October I tore my knee up again and couldn't walk until Christmas eve. I rehabbed well and was back to normal but my senior year was a waste besides the football season and last 3 months. I wish I could have lived it like it was supposed to go.

So in a nut shell I say High school was the best and Middle school was undoubtedly the worst. My middle school time was horrendous.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 11:18:11 PM »

Elementary school, but HS was decent too.

Also this:

Anybody who chooses Middle school is a dangerous psycho, btw
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »

High school by far. The value placed on extracurriculars and competition allowed me to shine much more and to contribute in ways that stretched beyond the horrible and insular nerd cultural bubble. I was matured enough by then to not be quite as much of a tempermental weirdo. I also started hanging out with the jocks more and the nerds less, which lead me to start realizing a lot of them were nicer and more genuine people.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 11:28:51 PM »

High school by far. The value placed on extracurriculars and competition allowed me to shine much more and to contribute in ways that stretched beyond the horrible and insular nerd cultural bubble. I was matured enough by then to not be quite as much of a tempermental weirdo. I also started hanging out with the jocks more and the nerds less, which lead me to start realizing a lot of them were nicer and more genuine people.

So true!  XC for 4 years definitely helped me in this respect.  I always get mad when people bad-mouth jocks as I've had far more positive experiences with them than many "nerds." 
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »

So true!  XC for 4 years definitely helped me in this respect.  I always get mad when people bad-mouth jocks as I've had far more positive experiences with them than many "nerds." 

I had pretty much the same experience. I ran XC and track and those really broke through the clique divide for me, especially track. I found that mutual respect on an athletic team is an awesome thing; I suddenly found myself friends with people I couldn't have imagined getting along with a couple years prior. At the same time some of my nerdier preppier friends got in some nasty fights that involved a lot of backstabbing. It was just toxic all around and I got sick of the drama.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies