Battle of the Prequel Trilogies: The Hobbit or Star Wars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Battle of the Prequel Trilogies: The Hobbit or Star Wars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is worse?
Star Wars Episodes I-III

The Hobbit

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Battle of the Prequel Trilogies: The Hobbit or Star Wars  (Read 1087 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 15, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »

Honestly, I have a hard time with this one. Both turned out to be very disappointing, and both for the reasons of:

- Underuse of Christopher Lee

- Erroneous call forwards that cheapen the trilogies succeeding them chronologically. (Padme's death in the Star Wars when Leia claimed to know their real mother, Gandalf warning Bilbo about the ring and Galadriel defeating Sauron)

- Shorcsy love-stories introduced in the second movie

- Laughably video game like battle sequences

- Questionable acting (Obvious underacting in Star Wars, and overacting in the Hobbit)

- Slow paced first two movies, and an out-control final movie

- Shorcsy second movies (Desolation of Smaug and Attack of the Clones are the worst. Phantom Menace had Darth Maul, and An Unexpected Journey had Gollum)

- A villain killed off at the beginning of movie three after barely having any time in movie two (Smaug and Darth Tyranus respectively)

- Green screen abuse instead of real locations.

While I'm sure I know where this'll go, the coincidences are still very startling, and both are just so...dismal.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:08:58 PM »

Star Wars was worse (yes, even Revenge) but The Hobbit offended me more because I'm very attached to its source material and, despite my skepticism about the project, hadn't imagined that it could be as bad as it was.

I agree with every almost word of this.

I don't agree with Revenge of the Sith being worse, and there are a few things I would add such as:

- Bad Star Wars moments are delicious, bad Hobbit moments are sleep inducing.

- 1 minute of Darth Maul > all of Azog's ramblings.

- John Williams > Howard Shore

- The source material for The Hobbit was adapted far better in the 70's in just over an hour, which makes the trilogy even more insulting
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

I'll be honest and put this out: Revenge of the Sith is my favorite Star Wars movie. Let the hate begin...

what the christ

Not that far out at all actually, the film's actually critically better received than even the original.

And on paper, it'd definitely has the best plot...the only real flaw is the direction and death of Padme.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies