NH- Clinton only ahead by 10 in Suffolk Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NH- Clinton only ahead by 10 in Suffolk Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NH- Clinton only ahead by 10 in Suffolk Poll  (Read 2398 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 01:28:39 PM »

Analysis from
http://m.wmur.com/politics/new-hampshire-primary-source-about-that-hillarybernie-poll-and-the-latest-from-nhgop/33633322

You must be logged in to read this quote.

From that last part, it's pretty clear that Hillary Clinton's supposed inevitability can be thrown into the trash until further notice.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »

From that last part, it's pretty clear that Hillary Clinton's supposed inevitability can be thrown into the trash until further notice.

I'm pretty sure Team Hillary will find a way to destroy Sanders at some point.

Either that, or another cry-baby session is needed - like in 2008 before the NH primary ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »

Either that, or another cry-baby session is needed - like in 2008 before the NH primary ...

Exactly. Sanders also stands no chance of winning the South (including TX and FL).
Btw: I wonder why Hillary isn't doing as well in NH as in 2008? She was always a great fit for the state (and still is, presumably.)

Because people are sick and tired of her and want something new. And even though Bernie Sanders is like 100 years old, he's still newer and cooler than her ...
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »

Exactly. Sanders also stands no chance of winning the South (including TX and FL).
Btw: I wonder why Hillary isn't doing as well in NH as in 2008? She was always a great fit for the state (and still is, presumably.)

Because people are sick and tired of her and want something new. And even though Bernie Sanders is like 100 years old, he's still newer and cooler than her ...
Citation needed.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »

Seems pretty clear that although it probably won't be able to derail Clinton this time, the Dems are going to have a serious radicalism problem as their base gets younger.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »

Good, it's about time.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »

Yes, they're so sick and tired of her that she's the strongest nonincumbent frontrunner in history, nonwithstanding "only" leading by 10+ points in one state.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »

I wonder what the NH polls would look like right now if Warren was running rather than Sanders.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 06:18:21 PM »

Seems pretty clear that although it probably won't be able to derail Clinton this time, the Dems are going to have a serious radicalism problem as their base gets younger.

Coming from the party of government shutdowns and debt defaults ?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »

Coming from the party of government shutdowns and debt defaults ?

Besides radicalism would not be a problem, it would be welcomed by all parties, Hillary included.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:10 PM »

It looks like Hilldog will have to give Bernie a good thrashing in the debates. No hard feelings, but blame the people of New Hampshire.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 12:54:19 AM »

I was also thinking of the Gore/Bradley thing.  Of course, despite nearly winning New Hampshire Bradley quickly dropped off the map after that.  Sanders would likely face many of the same problems, even with crowd funding.

The other problem for Sanders is that he also has to contend with Chafee, O'Malley and Webb (if he runs) splitting the anti HRC vote.  O'Malley on paper is much more or an alternative to HRC but he seems to be running on the same issues as Chafee and Sanders (and Webb) though with more emphasis on 'good government' and analytics to balance his new found populism.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »

I was also thinking of the Gore/Bradley thing.  Of course, despite nearly winning New Hampshire Bradley quickly dropped off the map after that.  Sanders would likely face many of the same problems, even with crowd funding.

The other problem for Sanders is that he also has to contend with Chafee, O'Malley and Webb (if he runs) splitting the anti HRC vote.  O'Malley on paper is much more or an alternative to HRC but he seems to be running on the same issues as Chafee and Sanders (and Webb) though with more emphasis on 'good government' and analytics to balance his new found populism.

O'Malley reminds me of Tim Pawlenty. Relatively competent two term governor who just can't get traction because a plank with a smiley face has more charisma than either of them. Chafee won't be a huge threat; he's seen as a joke.

I don't think that Webb will be that much of a threat either. Again, he seems qualified, but in his case, he seems to be positioning himself to the center. I don't think that there will be that much overlap between Webb and Sanders.

Potentially the worst thing for Hillary would be if O'Malley and Chafee dropped out while Webb entered and stayed in. Not that it would be terrible for Hillary per say.

Winning NH would give a challenger a lot more of a boost than just coming close. It could keep Sanders in until Super Tuesday or the weekend after (when Maine has its caucus).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 08:58:26 PM »

B-but I heard she's inevitable!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »

You heard correctly.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

Nah, with that kind of unrestrained sexism from her opponents, I'm sure Clinton will win the sympathy vote without having to shed a single tear.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »

Let's hope the Dems nominate Sanders. It's been a while since the GOP has won in a semi-landslide (and potentially a landslide) Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2015, 03:07:45 PM »

Let's hope the Dems nominate Sanders. It's been a while since the GOP has won in a semi-landslide (and potentially a landslide) Smiley

You mean like how the Democrats were really hoping and Republicans like Ford were worried that Reagan would get the nomination because he was unelectable?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »

I'm ready for my next New Hampshire poll. When's it coming?
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »

You mean like how the Democrats were really hoping and Republicans like Ford were worried that Reagan would get the nomination because he was unelectable?

Bernie doesn't even come close to having the charisma Reagan had. In general I also think its easier for a far right pol to win opposed to a far left one, this is America we're talking about.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:04 PM »

This is a sign that Sanders COULD be for real. It's still difficult to fathom how he'd win the nomination, but he at least has a chance of avoiding a Gore vs. Bradley "over after New Hampshire" outcome and force the primary race to go a few months.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »

She beat Barack Obama in NH.  She's going to beat Bernie Sanders.  Come on.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

To be fair, if there is anyone who is going to beat Clinton in New Hampshire, it is Bernie Sanders. However, I doubt he will beat her, and even if he does, he still doesn't have a path to the nomination.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 12:46:41 AM »

I think Sanders is actually more likely to appeal to the type of people in New Hampshire who powered Clinton to that win in '08 than Obama ever was. We'll see what happens.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 07:48:21 AM »

I think Sanders is actually more likely to appeal to the type of people in New Hampshire who powered Clinton to that win in '08 than Obama ever was. We'll see what happens.

I don't get that.  Clinton won the south/eastern Boston exurban parts of NH, while Obama won some more rural, Vermont-like counties. 

In terms of message, Sanders isn't like either Obama or Clinton in 2008.  He's more like John Edwards in terms of message.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies