Who will Trump go after most in debates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:55:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will Trump go after most in debates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Trump go after most in debates?
Bush

Rubio

Walker

Paul

Carson

Cruz

Huckabee

Christie

Perry

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Who will Trump go after most in debates?  (Read 3196 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:19 PM »

If I were Trump's campaign consultant, I'd encourage him to use the debates to pump his own resume of a guy doing BIG things as much as possible.  I'd avoid personal attacks, because that would invite the kind of back and forth baiting over issue stances ("In 1999, you were for Canadian-style Healthcare!") that have little or nothiing to do with what kind of President Trump, or anyone else, would actually be.

What I DO believe is that Trump has hit on something; the "Let's Make America Great Again!" theme.  It's a traditional GOP theme that the current crop of GOP candidates really can't pull off because they don't have the persona of a Reagan, nor do they have histories of doing BIG things that inspire hope for greatness.  And part of the American Decline is our crumbling infrastructure.  So here comes Donald Trump, a guy who builds big things, versus a bunch of dweebs who haven't done much with their lives other than play politics (for the most part) whose idea of progress is to gridlock Congress and shut down the government.

I believe that the contrast Trump could pose versus the rest of the unimpressive GOP field could project him into contender status and keep him in the race long enough to where he's (A) gain in the polls vs. Hillary as to gain the "electabilty" tag, and (B) get Republicans focused on the kind of National Renewal issues in a way where he gains traction as the new Reagan.  It's also possible that Trump could implode as everyone gangs up on him, or as he makes a fatal gaffe, but that's not a certainty.  Trump's no Herman Cain.  I consider him a legitimate contender for the GOP nomination, and he may well get it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies