Northeast Proposed Constitutional Amendment Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Proposed Constitutional Amendment Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Proposed Constitutional Amendment Megathread  (Read 883 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »

I'll make the argument against it.

When I arrived in the Northeast the voting period was 24 hours. I think there were two slots. If two votes were opened at the same time, it meant there were two small 24 hours window of voting time that could result in missing three consecutive votes.

For a representative that doesn't log it every day it could be a problem. To give representatives a longer period to vote we extended the voting period to 48 hours (and I think other regions used 48 hours).

It is not necessary to increase the number of missed votes to four. The speaker should manage the calendar for bills, like not starting debate for three bills at the same time and start voting on three bills at the same time. If the speaker starts the vote on two bills at the same time, he just needs to be careful and open the third vote when the others have ended that that gives representatives at least four whole days to show up to cast one vote. I don't think it's too demanding to visit at least once in 4-5 days at worst.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »

"the assembly may not endorse or compel any particular religious observance."

If someone who is backing the amendment could tell me if the part above could go as far as not having a holiday for Christmas or Easter since it could be seen like endorsing some religion over another. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »

I thought this amendment was just reiteratng the current situation and putting in the Northeast constitution what is in the Atlasian constitution. I see some voters are voting against the amendment and I haven't heard the reason.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies