Opinion of Atlas banned posters poll #4: Libertas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:29:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Atlas banned posters poll #4: Libertas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Libertas
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of Atlas banned posters poll #4: Libertas  (Read 2723 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »

Straha 50% FF
Einzige 76.2% HP
AggregateDemand 85.7% HP

Libertas is a definite Freedom Fighter, and why on Earth he was rebanned after about two weeks when Einzige was around in his new incarnation for months is beyond me.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:58:49 PM »

Slightly offputting and overbearing FF.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:00:43 AM »

Massive FF and a very interesting individual. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:04:41 AM »

Obvious FF. What happened to him was disgusting.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 01:27:25 AM »

Libertas was banned? Darn I must have been gone a while then.

FF, I liked the guy. He wasn't a creep like some people I knew on here who got the axe.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:58 AM »

Massive FF and a very interesting individual. 

Bring him back!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 05:29:08 AM »

Annoying attention whore
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:44:32 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 06:29:02 AM »

He got his chance and he blew it.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 08:13:41 AM »

Massive FF!

It was a tragedy that he was banned. Luckily he posts on AAD tho.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »

Was always a tedious tryhard and one of the all-time attention whores, the fact that he switched the way in which he expressed this from "paranoid Nazi" to "paranoid gay skank" is mildly amusing but not otherwise particularly important. The other funny thing to note is that his political opinions, as far as I can tell, have remained as utterly shallow and reactionary as they were back in 2011, just with a nominally "left" spin.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2015, 10:13:03 AM by traininthedistance »

Plumping for the "grittiness" and deprivation of urban decay is a surefire HP vote from me.  Mind you, this doesn't mean he should have been rebanned.

The other funny thing to note is that his political opinions, as far as I can tell, have remained as utterly shallow and reactionary as they were back in 2011, just with a nominally "left" spin.

Precisely.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »

Plumping for the "grittiness" and deprivation of urban decay is a surefire HP vote from me.  Mind you, this doesn't mean he should have been rebanned.

Oh yeah, this too. There's few things more gross to me than middle class twerps jerking off about high crime and urban misery because they can treat those neighbourhoods as safari parks.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »

Horrible and horrible he's on AAD.  Sad
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »

Plumping for the "grittiness" and deprivation of urban decay is a surefire HP vote from me.  Mind you, this doesn't mean he should have been rebanned.

Oh yeah, this too. There's few things more gross to me than middle class twerps jerking off about high crime and urban misery because they can treat those neighbourhoods as safari parks.
Absolutely absolutely true.  And well said.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »

Obvious FF. What happened to him was disgusting.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »

Plumping for the "grittiness" and deprivation of urban decay is a surefire HP vote from me.  Mind you, this doesn't mean he should have been rebanned.

FWIW I consider this exact tendency to have been the worst thing about opebo.  (At least, the worst thing about him in his capacity as a poster rather than as a person- though it obviously also speaks quite ill of him as a person.)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »

i know i'm biased since we've always been on friendly terms but lets be fair here, he's not *brtd* level bad in terms of that. its more he misses a lot of the adult stuff that went away after 94 and has the perception that you could get away with more. its understandable that a gay male would fantasize about some time when the cops focused on snorting evidence in the locker room more than busting some party or bath house. its a little juvenile but its not like he takes it autistic levels
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

i know i'm biased since we've always been on friendly terms but lets be fair here, he's not *brtd* level bad in terms of that. its more he misses a lot of the adult stuff that went away after 94 and has the perception that you could get away with more. its understandable that a gay male would fantasize about some time when the cops focused on snorting evidence in the locker room more than busting some party or bath house. its a little juvenile but its not like he takes it autistic levels

I think he's significantly worse than BRTD on that count, actually.  BRTD has some aesthetic attachment to marginal urban areas but doesn't actually say that we'd be better off if the Bronx Was Burning.

And, also, a lot of that adult stuff went away not merly because of broken windows and rising rents, but also because increased acceptance of gay people in the culture at large (as well as the connective power of the Internet) meant that there was less demand/need for that sort of underground.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »

Libertas was banned? Darn I must have been gone a while then.

FF, I liked the guy. He wasn't a creep like some people I knew on here who got the axe.

Yes back in December 2010. He was unbanned a couple of months ago but promptly rebanned after making some explicit posts.

Leaving aside his actions as a poster, I genuinely thing he is someone who has been to hell and back personally and I can certainly indentify and understand the impact that such can have even if I do disagree with the way he sometimes acts as a result. Last summer when things where in the worst possible state for me, I found him to be rather supportive and encouraging. I'll judge him based on that.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 06:43:52 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2015, 06:48:45 PM by HockeyDude »

Can't get enough of his tales of whoring around NY.  Luckily we have him in The Good Place to tell his selacious tales of depravity.

And I don't necessarily think enjoying the murky depths of urbia is indicative of middle-class privlige.  BRTD has said similar things, and the people rushing to "How dare you" him are just as tedious for thinking humility obligates hating these places.  

As you see, I can certainly understand that Camden, NJ is, in many ways, hell on Earth but still rather party there than some overextended dullsville like Medford.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

easily the best poster out of those polled so far
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies