Opinion of Bronies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:48:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Bronies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Bronies?
FFs

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Opinion of Bronies  (Read 6700 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:41:37 AM »

You can watch whatever you want, but obsessing so much over a kid's show is pretty depressing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »

It's not so much the fact that they watch the show, it's the fact that they obsess over it to the point of lunacy.

And that's why for this thread's purposes, I voted HP.

@TNF: So how do you explain Avatar: The Last Airbender? That's a show that was meant for kids, and yet it covered genocide, parental abuse and scarring, 1984-esque power plays [By Chiang Kai-Shek esque stand-ins no less], and what happens to those who become embittered by war that they become monstrous.

These are topics that any rational adult tend to appreciate in a story in a way you do not expect children to appreciate.

Naturally there is a huge adult demographic, and the favorite character of these grown people is a blind, 12 year old girl.

I'm fascinated by how you'll answer that.

I don't answer, because I don't give a sh**t.

Now that's a very mature attitude!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:22:17 PM »

Adults watching children's cartoons is funny and weird. Only on Atlas would this be a controversial opinion that requires TNF to elaborate or justify himself.

What is a "children's cartoon" though? MormDem was making the point that some cartoons can very well appeal to several audiences. It's a perfectly valid argument, and is widely acknowledged.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:36 PM »

Adults watching children's cartoons is funny and weird. Only on Atlas would this be a controversial opinion that requires TNF to elaborate or justify himself.

What is a "children's cartoon" though? MormDem was making the point that some cartoons can very well appeal to several audiences. It's a perfectly valid argument, and is widely acknowledged.
something marketed to children. which it obviously is. you can enjoy something without being defensive or a weirdo about it (not tumblr)

I agree (as I've said from the very beginning, read my first post), but that's not what Oakvale and TNF said.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »

something marketed to children. which it obviously is. you can enjoy something without being defensive or a weirdo about it (not tumblr)

I agree (as I've said from the very beginning, read my first post), but that's not what Oakvale and TNF said.
i understand how low effort 'lol nerds' typo posts can get annoying but its not like furiously hitting the keyboard and parsing words over what is or isnt a kids cartoon is going to change it. just move on

What the hell does that even mean?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »

P.S. What of grown women who still watch Transformers or any other show meant for little boys? There's not much of an outcry for them being deviants now is there?

Bad example. Watching Transformers is unforgivable regardless of age.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »

i understand how low effort 'lol nerds' typo posts can get annoying but its not like furiously hitting the keyboard and parsing words over what is or isnt a kids cartoon is going to change it. just move on

What the hell does that even mean?
it means you're putting way too much effort and sincerity into having a discussion over what are obvious troll posts and one liners

The discussion has been going on for a while without me, and I just added my two cents in response to a particularly ridiculous Oakvale post. It's not like I wrote some huge effortpost.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 03:30:34 AM »

My Little Pony is stupid, idiotic, and definitely not for anyone older than 10.

I confess to watching Spongebob at age 15, and liking Pokemon & Total Drama (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Drama) to this day. But MLP? It's difficult to think of a more dumb cartoon, aside from the obvious culprits of Caillou and Curious George (if that even still exists).

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies