Opinion of Bronies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Bronies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Bronies?
FFs

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Opinion of Bronies  (Read 6692 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: June 17, 2015, 04:08:49 AM »

There is perhaps nothing more pathetic than a grown man watching a little girl's cartoon.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »

i support the abolition of gendered identity itself.
There is perhaps nothing more pathetic than a grown man watching a little girl's cartoon.

k

You're absolutely right to bring this up, because I honestly regret writing the latter. I can't take back what I said, but I will rephrase it to make it more reflective of the views I old concerning gender -

There is perhaps nothing more pathetic than adults watching children's cartoons.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »

It's not so much the fact that they watch the show, it's the fact that they obsess over it to the point of lunacy.

And that's why for this thread's purposes, I voted HP.

@TNF: So how do you explain Avatar: The Last Airbender? That's a show that was meant for kids, and yet it covered genocide, parental abuse and scarring, 1984-esque power plays [By Chiang Kai-Shek esque stand-ins no less], and what happens to those who become embittered by war that they become monstrous.

These are topics that any rational adult tend to appreciate in a story in a way you do not expect children to appreciate.

Naturally there is a huge adult demographic, and the favorite character of these grown people is a blind, 12 year old girl.

I'm fascinated by how you'll answer that.

I don't answer, because I don't give a sh**t.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

Indeed it's almost as pathetic as being a Communist in this year of our Lord 2015

Yeah, having actual convictions (as opposed to subscribing to vague, cynical platitudes) is as pathetic as obsessing over cartoon ponies and using that to determine whether or not a person is 'progressive' or 'reactionary.' Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies