Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)  (Read 14971 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »

The polling link won't work
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »

Sorry, but I'll take one too. Tongue
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2015, 09:43:08 PM »

So sorry about that

I just PMed you I'll try to fix it
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2015, 10:32:28 PM »

UPDATE

I think everyone who has requested polls so far has gotten them... if you haven't please tell me. I will still be accepting requests for polls tomorrow. They are 1 CP.

Everyone, please get your CP allocations in by the 48 hour deadline! I will PM everyone tomorrow to remind them to check this thread more actively. Thank you to those who have already turned in their allocations.

I'm going to bed now and will be back tomorrow morning to respond to any questions/requests, etc.

Thanks! Cheesy
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:09 PM »

Here's my CP allocation for Round Two:

2 PCPs to Clinton in Colorado

One PCP to Clinton in Pennsylvania, and one NCP to Gates in Pennsylvania

4 PCPs to Clinton in California, and 3 NCPs to Gates in California

4 PCPs to Clinton in Illinois, and 3 NCPs to Gates in Illinois

One PCP to Clinton in Nevada

One PCP to Clinton in Arizona

One PCP to Clinton in Guam

One PCP to Clinton in Delaware

One PCP to Clinton in Hawaii

3 PCPs to Clinton in Florida

If I have calculated that correctly, that is 26 CPs used above. I used one previously for an exclusive poll. I had 27 to begin with (24 from my announcement speech, and an additional 3 for my statement on the passing of George Pataki). If I went over my allotted amount, let me know, I'll change my CP allocation.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:37 PM »

CP Allocation:

3 PCPs to Paul in Iowa

9 PCPs to Paul in New Hampshire

3 PCPs to Paul in Nevada

3 PCPs to Paul in Colorado
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2015, 11:59:26 PM »

12 PCPs to Christie in New Hampshire

6 PCPS to Christie in Nevada
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:22 AM »

Alabama - 2 PCP

Arizona - 4 PCP

California - 12 PCP

Indiana - 2 PCP

Missouri - 1 PCP

North Carolina - 7 PCP

South Carolina - 3 PCP

Texas - 5 PCP

Virginia - 5 PCP

Altogether, I have used up 41 CPs this round. 30 came from my announcement speech getting a 5, 3 came from my announcement speech being especially good (thanks Wink), 5 came from recruiting someone to the TL, and 3 came from making a statement on George Pataki's death.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:49 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 08:20:27 AM by Leinad »

Mike Huckabee's turn:

Total points: 21 (18 for the speech + 3 for the Pataki memorial)

5 PCP - Texas

3 PCP - Tennessee

3 PCP - Missouri

3 PCP - Alabama

2 PCP - Louisiana

2 PCP - Oklahoma

2 PCP - Mississippi

1 PCP - Arkansas

This all works out, right?

Also, just to confirm, all the primaries will be at the same time, right? So we shouldn't be focusing everything on Iowa/NH/SC?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »

Also, just to confirm, all the primaries will be at the same time, right? So we shouldn't be focusing everything on Iowa/NH/SC?

Correct. Smiley
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 07:21:04 AM »

Carly Fiorina announes where she'll be campaigning for the near future.
"There are several places where I'll be focusing my efforts in the coming weeks. I'll be spending six days in California, seven days in Nevada, five days in Colorado, three days in Oregon, three days in Washington state, four days in Arizona, seven days in Michigan, and two days in Hawaii. As you can see, I'm a pretty busy lady, so there'll be no questions. Thank you."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:37 AM »

Carly Fiorina announes where she'll be campaigning for the near future.
"There are several places where I'll be focusing my efforts in the coming weeks. I'll be spending six days in California, seven days in Nevada, five days in Colorado, three days in Oregon, three days in Washington state, four days in Arizona, seven days in Michigan, and two days in Hawaii. As you can see, I'm a pretty busy lady, so there'll be no questions. Thank you."

Metaphors! Cheesy
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 07:25:42 AM »

Teehee Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 08:39:45 AM by Southern Legislator darthebearnc »

ROUND 2 OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN UPDATE #1

From now on, I'll be announcing the important campaign updates like that^ so these posts get everyone's attention. There are a lot of posts in this thread and I don't want anyone accidentally skipping over the important announcements & changes in the timeline.

A Short Reminder on Campaign Staff Policy

Due to recent conflicts between participants regarding who gets what campaign staff (essentially, you don't get to choose who endorses you whenever you want), this timeline unfortunately has to disregard any claims to real-life campaign staff members. However, you are welcome to make your own fictional campaign staff and write about them if you so choose. Smiley

A Short Reminder on Polling Policy

A polling package is currently 1 CP. Each package comes with detailed statewide primary polling for each of the 50 states along with maps that show who is winning in each state and how well you are personally doing in each state. The polls are updated at the end of every round, meaning that the ones currently for sale are updated as of the end of Round 1 (the round where I allocated your CPs based off of home state, ideologically similar states, and bordering states). I recommend you buy them before posting your allocations so you can do so strategically.

A Short Reminder on Time Limits

You had 48 hours that started when I posted the second part of the Round 2 Introductory Post at 05:37:51 pm EST yesterday. That means you have until 05:37:51 pm EST tomorrow to get your CP allocations in. If you do not do so, I will PM you and give you an additional 12 hours but that's it! You cannot edit your CP allocations from now on.

An Update Regarding CP Allocations

The crossed-out candidates have done theirs already.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please tell me if I missed anyone (I probably did).
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

VO: "Breaking News, coming in a this hour. It has been announced that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker will be suspending his campaign for President. No final word on the reasoning behind the decision, but sources close to the campaign say matters in Walker's personal life have come up and will need to be addressed. We now go live to Concord, NH, where the Governor will be giving  short statement we presume taking a few questions. Here is, Governor Scott Walker, live from the Legislative Office Building in Concord, NH, let's take a listen."

Scott Walker Suspends Campaign; Cites Family as reason

"Good morning. Thank you all for being here today. It is with a heavy heart today I announce the suspension of my presidential campaign. I had hoped to take Wisconsin's message economic success and reform and travel across the country, promoting and sharing our vision for American renewal, but there are matters in my personal and family life that must be addressed and therefore I must put the needs of them first, ahead of my political interests. I encourage my supporters to carry on and to continue to take our message across the country. I do hope to remain involved in shaping the outcome of this race and ensuring the Republican Party takes back the White House next November, because to restore America we will need a proven conservative leader to put America back on a path to peace and prosperity. Thank you."

Question: Governor, will you be endorsing one of the candidates in the race, now that you are out?

Walker: "Yes. I will be looking at the entire field over the next few months and make a decision on who I believe is the strongest candidate to take on the Democrat in 2016 and win."

Question: Governor, could elaborate more on your reasons for exiting the race?

Walker: "No. I believe I've already said the reason is family, and family comes first."

Question: Governor, is there any scenario where you could see yourself returning and reentering the race for the nomination?

Walker: "No."

Question: Governor -

Walker: "Thanks everybody. Have a good day. God bless."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2015, 08:06:42 AM »

'Tis a shame Sad
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:24 AM »

BREAKING NEWS[/b]
Bella Santorum Hospitalized
We have breaking news out of Des Moines, Iowa. Bella Santorum has been hospitalized with a life threatening fervor. Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum is holding a press conference right now let's listen in.

"Good Evening, my fellow Americans our sweet sweet Bella who has been suffering from a life threatening disease ever since she was born, has entered into Gods hand earlier today. With that saying, I am sadly drooping out of the Presidential Election for 2016. I thank all of my staff. Family comes first though, so I cannot be your president, sadly. With that saying I endorse Rick Perry to be our next President. Rick is a courageous Comservative fighting for the American away. Please, keep sweet Bellamin your thoughts and prayers this evening. Thank You and God Bless."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2015, 08:31:30 AM »

I really have to drop out beacuse of stuff IRL.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »

Relevant once more
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:18 AM »

Huckabee on the campaign trail.

Statement from the Huckabee campaign:

"Before I discuss my campaign plans, I must offer my sympathies to both the Walker and Santorum families, who are dealing with personal difficulties right now. Me and Janet will keep them in our thoughts and prayers, and it is my hope that God can lead them through these trying times."

Huckabee campaign schedule:

-Little Rock, Arkansas
-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
-Tulsa, Oklahoma
-Kansas City, Missouri
-Springfield, Missouri
-St. Louis, Missouri
-Memphis, Tennessee
-Nashville, Tennessee
-Chattanooga, Tennessee
-Birmingham, Alabama
-Huntsville, Alabama
-Mobile, Alabama
-Jackson, Mississippi
-Tupelo, Mississippi
-New Orleans, Louisiana
-Baton Rouge, Louisiana
-Houston, Texas
-San Antonio, Texas
-Austin, Texas
-El Paso, Texas
-Dallas, Texas

"I look forward to meeting with many friends old and new, and hopefully I can tell as many people as possible of my vision for strong leadership in America."

Governor Huckabee will travel the entire barnstorming tour in his new campaign bus, nicknamed "the HuckaBus," made by Tucker Transportation, a local business in Arkansas.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »

Governor Huckabee will travel the entire barnstorming tour in his new campaign bus, nicknamed "the HuckaBus," made by Tucker Transportation, a local business in Arkansas.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 10:18:24 AM by Senator Cris »

Campaign Schedule

Bob Ehrlich during a campaign rally in Philadelphia, PA.

"We are running a positive campaign, based on my record during my years as Governor of Maryland and on our vision, our ideas for a more prosperous America."

Total CPs: 38 (30 for announcement speech, 5 for extra-credit, 3 for Pataki speech).

Pennsylvania: 5 PCPs
Massachusetts: 5 PCPs
Connecticut: 4 PCPs
Illinois: 4 PCPs
Maine: 4 PCPs
Minnesota: 4 PCPs
Utah: 4 PCPs
Vermont: 4 PCPs
North Carolina: 3 PCPs

Polling: 1 CP

Statement from Bob Ehrlich

"I'd like to wish the best for Governor Scott Walker and Senator Rick Santorum, whom families are facing personal difficulties in this time. Also I'd like to thank Governor Scott Walker and Senator Santorum for their contribution of ideas in the republican primary, because I think that despite our differences, that contribution of ideas and vision for our country is very important."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2015, 12:59:56 PM by Southern Legislator darthebearnc »

ROUND 2 OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN UPDATE #2

An Update Regarding This Interactive Timeline

Recently, it has been brought to my attention that this timeline is really sh!tty. Unfortunately, that analysis is probably true. While I did want this timeline to be different than others and based more off of strategy than the mere whims of the moderator, I can now see that a big part of all good interactive timelines that I did not quite understand is the ability of players to make campaign schedules, policy speeches, town hall meetings, interviews, etc. for their candidates. In order to fix this error of mine and make the timeline more interesting for all involved, I will start offering CP incentives for creating schedules, meetings, speeches, interviews, etc. I hope that this will fix our currently faulty timeline and make it an overall better experience for all of the candidates. Later today, I will post another update regarding the specifics for how you can earn extra CPs for doing extra things. Thank you, and I apologize for the horrible timeline and hope that this makes it better.

A Short Reminder on Time Limits

You had 48 hours that started when I posted the second part of the Round 2 Introductory Post at 05:37:51 pm EST yesterday. That means you have until 05:37:51 pm EST tomorrow to get your CP allocations in. If you do not do so, I will PM you and give you an additional 12 hours but that's it! You cannot edit your CP allocations from now on.

An Update Regarding CP Allocations

The crossed-out candidates have done theirs already.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please tell me if I missed anyone. Thanks! Cheesy
AelroseB

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2015, 11:21:10 AM »

Jim Webb Outlines Foreign Policy Credentials in Houston Speech

The Houston Chronicle

Dan Fullerton - July 7th, 2015

Earlier today, Democratic presidential contender James Webb of Virginia spoke about his foreign policy vision for America ahead of the Democratic Primaries.  Generally, he advocated for something akin to watchful-doveishness:  A dutiful commitment to military spending while attempting to avoid as many foreign conflicts as possible.

"I've always admired Teddy Roosevelt's grand ideal, 'speaking softly while carrying a big stick.'  It's times like this which makes a man like myself question the isolationism of neoliberals and the unfettered hawkishness of so-called conservative Republican candidates, who seem more fit to elect Curtis Lemay as their President."  Webb told a crowd of over 4,000.

A large portion of the speech reflected on his own experience in the armed forces:

"Now I have to admit it--unlike my opponents, I haven't ordered a war.  No, I've served in war.  I've seen it firsthand.  We need to avoid it through strength and strength alone."

Webb touted his time as a marine, and he chided politicos like Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush for their support for the Iraq War.

"I consistently stated my opposition to military intervention in Iraq," Webb told the crowd.  "I understand what it means to have sufficient cause, and in 2003, there was no casus belli."

This speech was part of a recent trend in the Webb campaign, stressing the differences between him and other opponents, both inside and out the Democratic Primary.

He heads on to Raleigh, North Carolina next week.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies