Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Old, Dead, Irrelevant ITL (Do not use)  (Read 14937 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 03:33:53 AM »
« edited: June 23, 2015, 10:56:09 PM by MadmanMotley »

Rand Paul, April 15th:

Thank you for the warm welcome, University of Kentucky! Today I am here to announce my candidacy for President of the United States! Over the past eight years, we have seen poor leadership, and our rights under the constitution be taken away! I'm running to change all that. We need firm, constitutional leadership in the White House. We need a leader that can work things out, and accomplish goals while still having a backbone, unlike all the current leadership in Washington! I will be that leader that will stand for your rights, your life, your liberty, and your economic freedom!

I will have several goals in office, the first is easy, always follow through with my constitutional obligations and limit my own powers, first by repealing many executive orders that have overstepped congress. The next will to be to reform the tax code to be fair, simple, and work to help the middle class and the poor. I will also cut pork barrel spending, and reform military contracts to benefit the military and suit their needs, rather than make contractors rich on the government's dime. I also plan on working on criminal justice reform and education reform, we need to focus on rehabilitation and reducing penalties for non-violent, first time offenders. This goes hand in hand with the education system, we need to defer to local administration and also teach these kids skills and how to be good citizens, as well as help them learn to learn. I also wish to fix Obamacare, I wish to repeal many parts of it and take a more choice oriented approach.

We have a big choice up ahead of us, do we stay with the status quo? Or do we work towards a better tomorrow? You've seen me stand up for you in the Senate, so let's take the bull by the horns, lets do the right thing, and help me take America back!

Rand Paul 2016: Take America Back
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »

I claim Bobby Jindal

July 5, 2015 - BATON ROUGE, LA - Bobby Jindal declares presidential bid, calls for "A new day in American politics, and new hope for America"

"My fellow Americans, today I declare that I am a candidate for President of the United States. I do so with the loving support of my family, and the incredible gratitude towards all of my supporters, and those who have helped me be a successful Governor here in Louisiana.

In the last eight years, we changed Louisiana. We took on corruption, implemented the largest tax cut in state history, established a merit pay system for our teachers, and we made government smaller. Our state, for the first time in a long time, has been a regional leader in economic growth and innovation.

Over the last seven years, President Obama has put politics before country, he's divided people, and he has broken his promise to change Washington and revive America's economy. He's declared war on business, war on jobs, war on religion, and a war against American exceptionalism.

President Obama's biggest error might very well have been putting his trust in someone who was highly unqualified to be our Secretary of State during his first term. Hillary Clinton failed to do her job. She failed to improve America's standing in the world, and she failed to protect our diplomats in Libya. Hillary Clinton is not a leader, she's an ideologue. Americans want someone with solutions to our nation's biggest problems, and I know exactly where I want to lead our nation.

I want us to reform our tax code and lower tax rates on hardworking families and businesses to create jobs. I want to move our country off imported energy sources. I want to repeal and replace this President's failed health care law. I want to reverse this President's regulations on business. I want to work with both parties to fix social security and medicare to pay down our national debt. I want to protect every single human life, from birth until natural death. I want to restore American leadership in an uncertain and dangerous world.

That's my agenda, and it's a conservative agenda. Throughout my entire career, I have run for office and governed as a conservative, more so than any of my opponents in this presidential race. At the same time, leadership is about bringing people together, and that's exactly what I've done in Louisiana.

At this moment in history, we need to stop the path we are on. A path of economic stagnation, moral decline, and a lack of American leadership globally. It's time for a new day in American politics, and new hope in America. I pledge to you tonight that I will fight for that new day, and for new hope, as your candidate for President and, as President of the United States"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

Hi guys recently  i lost computer access (this is mobile) so I  can't continue  until circumstances change. However as soon as I gain access again the next round will be posted immediately. Thanks to rand Paul for finishing the announcement and jindal/santorum for entering. Sorry about the holdup  and I will start the next round ASAP

Candidates and Darthebearnc could someone please divulge into the endorsement process and number will be like for the game. Thank you
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »

If you're still accepting sign-ups, I'll claim Huckabee.

(Also, theoretically, if someone else comes in who completely has their heart set on Pataki, could they run as Ghost Pataki, and break a barrier in becoming the 1st ghost president? But I suppose that's quote the tangent...)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:37 AM »

Are we still doing this or is it dead.
AelroseB

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

Yeah, it's been half a month...
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

His Internet access died, hopefully it comes back soon.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2015, 12:18:53 AM by Leinad »

Huckabee cheerfully greeted his supporters on the day of his announcement.

Hope, Arkansas - Today, former Arkansas Governor, 2008 Presidential candidate, and TV show host Mike Huckabee announced his campaign for President here in 2016.

"Thank you for coming here! I've thought and prayed about this, and I've came to a decision: I'm announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America!

"I was born here in Hope, Arkansas, and now I've came back to try and help a country that has seemingly lost all hope. People are tired of politics as usual. This inside-the-beltway thinking that favors the Washington elites--big government, big lobbyists, big labor, and even big business--over the rest of us. Americans don't want someone because of who they know, or how much money they have, or, well, their last name.

"Americans want someone who can offer common-sense solutions to our nation's problems. Americans want someone who turns to God, not government, to offer these solutions.

Huckabee outlined his views on several issues, positioning himself as an outside-the-beltway alternative to Washington elites.

"And we need solutions. The moral decline of America has reached a new low. The gay agenda is threatening religious freedom, the very thing this nation was founded upon. Drugs are being legalized across the nation. Unborn children are being killed in the womb. Our borders have been opened by irresponsible leadership. Foreign dictators in Iran and Cuba are being rewarded, while our greatest ally, Israel, is being abandoned. The hard-earned money of American citizens is being negotiated away in secretive trade-deals, and maybe even cuts to social security.

"America needs someone who can offer common sense solutions to those problems, and I think I'm the best candidate for the job. We don't need another member of the Washington ruling class that got us into this mess--do you really think they can be trusted to get us out of it?

"Maybe I've never been in the Senate. And maybe I'm not a member of a well-known political family. But I have experience in leadership, as the governor of the great state of Arkansas. The Washington elites have experience causing problems, but I have experience solving them.

"Thank you, and God Bless America!"

After the speech, Huckabee played a couple songs on his guitar.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2015, 12:16:46 AM »

Statement from Mike Huckabee

"This is a sad day for me, as George and Libby Pataki, two people me and Janet are honored to have called friends, are no longer with us. Our prayers are with their family in this difficult time. I admire George's vision of an America with strong leadership, and will now try even harder to make that vision a reality."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2015, 09:12:46 AM »

OMG sorry about the super long wait!

I lost computer access (this is mobile) and can't continue until I regain it. I will try to do so ASAP.

Sorry!

But yes it is still running and sign ups are still accepted
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »

OMG sorry about the super long wait!

I lost computer access (this is mobile) and can't continue until I regain it. I will try to do so ASAP.

Sorry!

But yes it is still running and sign ups are still accepted

No worries. Thanks for the update.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »

Jindal hits Bush, Walker, Trump as he calls for a "consistent conservative" to be the Republican nominee for President

CHARLESTON, SC - Republican Presidential Hopeful Bobby Jindal told voters he was the only "consistent conservative" seeking the Republican presidential nomination. Vowing to slash income tax rates by 40% across the board, double the number of border patrol agents at the U.S.-Mexican border, and repeal Obamacare, Jindal said only he has the conservative credentials to be an effective Republican nominee for President.

"I'm the candidate in this race who has a conservative record, consistently. Across the board, be it on school choice, cutting taxes, standing up against Obamacare, defending human life, I've been a true conservative day in and day out, and that's what kind of President I'd be" Jindal stated.

Jindal then went after opponents Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, and Donald Trump.

"Conservatives do have a choice in this primary. I've not only been a conservative throughout my life, I offer a conservative agenda. My agenda will reduce taxes on all who pay them, beef up border security, and repeal this President's unconstitutional health care law" Jindal said.

"My opponents have a different view. Like Hillary Clinton, Governor Bush and Governor Walker have embraced amnesty for those here illegally and Governor Bush believes the way to win is to move our party left. Meanwhile, Donald Trump believes our path to victory is to embrace the politics of protectionism, which has never created a single job" the Louisiana Governor added.

"The Republican nominee for President must be a consistent conservative who has a conservative record and a conservative vision" Jindal added.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2015, 09:00:19 AM »

As I expect to regain computer access tonight ( Cheesy ) and will begin grading when I do, sign ups will officially be closed at 8:00 EST. You must notify me of extra credit if you have done it but have not told me already by the same time. Thanks!
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

Sweet! I'll be eagerly waiting for this to continue.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »

As I expect to regain computer access tonight ( Cheesy ) and will begin grading when I do, sign ups will officially be closed at 8:00 EST. You must notify me of extra credit if you have done it but have not told me already by the same time. Thanks!
Splended News! Excited to see the grade returns!
AelroseB

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »

I am hyped!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »

Building a Better Today
Bill Gates, America's greatest innovator, is running for President.

Microsoft founder and America's greatest innovator, Bill Gates announced his candidacy for President at the headquarters of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

"Thank you all for coming today to this wonderful event. Melinda and I are extremely grateful for the support so many of you have given to us over the years and we look forward to appreciating your friendship in the years to come.

When Melinda and I first started our Foundation, we knew that we wanted to help people. We wanted to make life better. We wanted to fight poverty and disease. We wanted to help level the playing field for millions of people, billions if we could, around the globe. And because of people like you, we made an enormous impact around the world.

Our Foundation has helped deliver vital health services to millions of African families. Our relationships abroad have blossomed into a massive network of support for massive change and massive improvement. At home, we've worked hard to develop our community partnerships here in the United States to facilitate social progress, to alleviate poverty, and to connect people to the world around them.

All of this, the Foundation, the progress we've made, the change we've seen, all of it was made possible by the enormous success of Microsoft. When my associates and I started Microsoft, we didn't know we were starting one of the most successful companies of all time. I don't think any of us had any idea we had the potential to revolutionize the way the world communicated, the way healthcare would be delivered, the way our economy would run, and the way people would live.

Microsoft is one of my very proudest achievements. It taught me lessons that have been invaluable in my life. The values of what makes a good leader. How to put a vision into action, and how to use your own success to make a difference in the world.

Melinda and I, after much deliberation, have made a decision. I am running for President of the United States.

I'm running because my life could not happen today. Rampant income inequality has strangled the sort of opportunities I took advantage of when I had a big idea about a beige box in a little garage. Microsoft couldn't happen today because of crippling inequality, a broken system of mobility, and partisanship that places politics over people. A broken Washington is presiding over a broken economy.

My friend Warren Buffett and I have spoken to the media about brokenness of our tax system and our distorted view of government spending. It is not right, as Warren always says, that we pay less in taxes than our secretaries. If you elect me your next President, I will sit in a room with members of Congress from both parties to work out a complete overhaul of our tax code that simplifies the code, makes sure the wealthy are paying their fair share, and reduces the burden on middle and working class families.

With the revenue raised from a fairer tax system, we must turn our eyes to the future. Our future as a nation hinges on our willingness to reach new heights. We must look ahead at what we want, what we can achieve, and what we must do. As President, I plan on pushing a whole new standard of investment in our schools.

Revolutionizing our education system to meet the demands of our new economy is the only way we can repair our broken system of mobility. My plan begins with a raise for every teacher in the United States and a system in which federal dollars will match state and local investments in education.

Our new commitment to education hinges on the effective integration of technology into our schools. Not simply having it present, but truly utilizing technology to expand the horizons of every student in the United States. A federal commitment must be made to properly equipping educators and administrators with the skills necessary to use technology in their classrooms.

We must also work to address the gross inefficiencies in our healthcare system that punishes the young and the poor to subsidize the sick rich. Speaking as a leader in business, I can sincerely say that business is incredibly effective at meeting many needs, but it has its limitations. Healthcare is one of those limitations. The United States, the richest country in the world, lags far beyond other developed nations on the issue of healthcare.

While I respect President Obama's efforts to reform our broken system, it has become clearer and clearer that our current system does not need reformed, it needs replaced. That's why I'll work as President to bring a whole new level of efficiency to healthcare, to lower costs, to expand access, and to increase quality. This all begins with eliminating the age requirement on Medicare. By enrolling every man, woman, and child into one centralized insurance pool, we can dramatically increase access to and quality of medical care.

By guaranteeing quality healthcare and education to every American and leveling the economic playing field, we can make the American dream possible again. The conduits of growth and innovation, American business, must be able to compete with other nations.

While our plans for healthcare and education will strengthen our workforce, we must not forget the value of investment in businesses. As President, I will support closing the Export-Import Bank and replacing it with a new United States Small Business Development Bank with a significant investment. This new bank will provide low-interest loans, loan guarantees, research subsidies, and export help to small businesses seeking to compete across the globe. The difference, however, is that all assistance paid out of the Development Bank must be paid back by the successful businesses. The millions of jobs created by the bank will lower unemployment, decrease inequality, and strengthen our economy across the board.

Our goals are clear, our mission is critical. Providing quality healthcare, jobs, and education to every American is a goal worthy of our efforts. So I ask that each and every one of you join me this journey. Melinda and I thank you all again for your support, we'll be seeing you on the trail soon enough. Thank you.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »

Alright, guys. Considering I plan to start grading tonight and we have reached 20 candidates with the surprise addition of Bill Gates, sign-ups and extra credit are officially closed as of now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding Smiley
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »

Building a Better Today
Bill Gates, America's greatest innovator, is running for President.

Microsoft founder and America's greatest innovator, Bill Gates announced his candidacy for President at the headquarters of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

"Thank you all for coming today to this wonderful event. Melinda and I are extremely grateful for the support so many of you have given to us over the years and we look forward to appreciating your friendship in the years to come.

When Melinda and I first started our Foundation, we knew that we wanted to help people. We wanted to make life better. We wanted to fight poverty and disease. We wanted to help level the playing field for millions of people, billions if we could, around the globe. And because of people like you, we made an enormous impact around the world.

Our Foundation has helped deliver vital health services to millions of African families. Our relationships abroad have blossomed into a massive network of support for massive change and massive improvement. At home, we've worked hard to develop our community partnerships here in the United States to facilitate social progress, to alleviate poverty, and to connect people to the world around them.

All of this, the Foundation, the progress we've made, the change we've seen, all of it was made possible by the enormous success of Microsoft. When my associates and I started Microsoft, we didn't know we were starting one of the most successful companies of all time. I don't think any of us had any idea we had the potential to revolutionize the way the world communicated, the way healthcare would be delivered, the way our economy would run, and the way people would live.

Microsoft is one of my very proudest achievements. It taught me lessons that have been invaluable in my life. The values of what makes a good leader. How to put a vision into action, and how to use your own success to make a difference in the world.

Melinda and I, after much deliberation, have made a decision. I am running for President of the United States.

I'm running because my life could not happen today. Rampant income inequality has strangled the sort of opportunities I took advantage of when I had a big idea about a beige box in a little garage. Microsoft couldn't happen today because of crippling inequality, a broken system of mobility, and partisanship that places politics over people. A broken Washington is presiding over a broken economy.

My friend Warren Buffett and I have spoken to the media about brokenness of our tax system and our distorted view of government spending. It is not right, as Warren always says, that we pay less in taxes than our secretaries. If you elect me your next President, I will sit in a room with members of Congress from both parties to work out a complete overhaul of our tax code that simplifies the code, makes sure the wealthy are paying their fair share, and reduces the burden on middle and working class families.

With the revenue raised from a fairer tax system, we must turn our eyes to the future. Our future as a nation hinges on our willingness to reach new heights. We must look ahead at what we want, what we can achieve, and what we must do. As President, I plan on pushing a whole new standard of investment in our schools.

Revolutionizing our education system to meet the demands of our new economy is the only way we can repair our broken system of mobility. My plan begins with a raise for every teacher in the United States and a system in which federal dollars will match state and local investments in education.

Our new commitment to education hinges on the effective integration of technology into our schools. Not simply having it present, but truly utilizing technology to expand the horizons of every student in the United States. A federal commitment must be made to properly equipping educators and administrators with the skills necessary to use technology in their classrooms.

We must also work to address the gross inefficiencies in our healthcare system that punishes the young and the poor to subsidize the sick rich. Speaking as a leader in business, I can sincerely say that business is incredibly effective at meeting many needs, but it has its limitations. Healthcare is one of those limitations. The United States, the richest country in the world, lags far beyond other developed nations on the issue of healthcare.

While I respect President Obama's efforts to reform our broken system, it has become clearer and clearer that our current system does not need reformed, it needs replaced. That's why I'll work as President to bring a whole new level of efficiency to healthcare, to lower costs, to expand access, and to increase quality. This all begins with eliminating the age requirement on Medicare. By enrolling every man, woman, and child into one centralized insurance pool, we can dramatically increase access to and quality of medical care.

By guaranteeing quality healthcare and education to every American and leveling the economic playing field, we can make the American dream possible again. The conduits of growth and innovation, American business, must be able to compete with other nations.

While our plans for healthcare and education will strengthen our workforce, we must not forget the value of investment in businesses. As President, I will support closing the Export-Import Bank and replacing it with a new United States Small Business Development Bank with a significant investment. This new bank will provide low-interest loans, loan guarantees, research subsidies, and export help to small businesses seeking to compete across the globe. The difference, however, is that all assistance paid out of the Development Bank must be paid back by the successful businesses. The millions of jobs created by the bank will lower unemployment, decrease inequality, and strengthen our economy across the board.

Our goals are clear, our mission is critical. Providing quality healthcare, jobs, and education to every American is a goal worthy of our efforts. So I ask that each and every one of you join me this journey. Melinda and I thank you all again for your support, we'll be seeing you on the trail soon enough. Thank you.

Are you running as an Independent or as Democrat??
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »

Democrat.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »

Ok I wasn't sure. Thanks!!!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »

Finally! I will start grading the speeches immediately and plan to have the next round posted ASAP (anywhere from a few hours to a few days).

Please remember that sign-ups are now closed. We have 20 participating candidates total (16 Republicans and 4 Democrats) - and, of course, the ghost of former Governor George Pataki.

Let's get going! Cheesy

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »

Finally! I will start grading the speeches immediately and plan to have the next round posted ASAP (anywhere from a few hours to a few days).

Please remember that sign-ups are now closed. We have 20 participating candidates total (16 Republicans and 4 Democrats) - and, of course, the ghost of former Governor George Pataki.

Let's get going! Cheesy

Yes!!!!  What about endorsements though
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Let's get going! Cheesy

The endorsement process shall be explained in the Introductory Post for Round 2 (Round 1 was sign-ups; Round 2 will be posted ASAP).
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »

Let's get going! Cheesy

The endorsement process shall be explained in the Introductory Post for Round 2 (Round 1 was sign-ups; Round 2 will be posted ASAP).
Ok Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies